PDA

View Full Version : CFN.com Prediction....

NDSUstudent
10-18-2007, 04:07 PM
North Dakota State (6-0) at Minnesota (1-5) 12:00 PM Big Ten Network

Why to watch: It took a blocked field goal for Minnesota to escape disaster against North Dakota State last year, winning 10-9 as the only oasis in an ugly six-game stretch, but this year, it might be an upset if the Gophers win. The Bison might be the nation's best FCS team, coming in on a ten-game winning streak with a high-powered offense that's averaging 41 points per game, including 44 in a crushing win over Central Michigan. Minnesota played well offensively in a double-overtime loss to Northwestern, and is on a five-game losing streak with Michigan, Illinois, a road trip to Iowa, and Wisconsin still to deal with.

Why North Dakota State might win: The Bison are flat-out better than the Gophers. The defense has the linebackers in place to keep the Minnesota running game in check, and keep QB Adam Weber from being effective early on. The Gophers secondary, the worst in the nation, continues to give up yards in chunks, the pass rush remains non-existent, and there have been too many mistakes with 22 turnovers. Only NC State has a worse turnover margin.

Why Minnesota might win: No one has really tried to pound the ball on the Bison. While that might be easier said than done against a run defense allowing just 109 yards per game, this needs to be the time when Minnesota uses its solid offensive line and starts battering the ball a little bit. It might be smashmouth time for Minnesota to try to settle things down and control the clock.

Who to watch: The best running back in the game might be on NDSU's side of the field. 233-pound junior Tyler Roehl got a break last week against Mississippi Valley State, but throughout the year has been terrific, scoring three times in four games and rumbling for 6.2 yards per carry. Part fullback, part tailback, he's a dangerous receiver along with his duties as a bruising runner. NDSU would like to run him 25 times, set up the pass by bringing the safeties up to stop him, and win with ease.

What will happen: The Bison defensive front will keep Weber from getting the spread offense going like it needs to, while the offense will be able to do whatever it wants to on the Gopher defense. For most Minnesota fans, this will signal a low point, but NDSU will be one of the tighter teams the Gophers will face.
CFN Prediction: North Dakota State 38 ... Minnesota 27 ... Line: No Line
Must See Rating: (5 Keeping Up with the Kardashians - 1 Ellen's dog plea) ... 1.5

http://cfn.scout.com/2/691897.html

Ricky1
10-18-2007, 07:23 PM
For those who are supremely confident in the Herd (and there are a lot of you)….just caught wind that the game line is NDSU -2.

jeffdaryl3rd
10-18-2007, 08:49 PM
NDSU should be favored. We are simply a better team.

Ricky1
10-18-2007, 08:51 PM
Some of you have noticed because the line is -6 now.

jeffdaryl3rd
10-18-2007, 08:59 PM
Outstanding. Hopefully we justify our being favored with a win.

onbison09
10-18-2007, 10:29 PM
Let's go HERD!!!

gopherz
10-18-2007, 11:15 PM
I have a feeling this game is gonna be close wire to wire.

But their analysis is terrible, do they even watch the games? Why would Roehl get the ball 25 times, NDSU doesn't even NEED to run the ball if they don't want. And since when would Minnesota decide to pound it, we didn't do it against much weaker teams than NDSU such as Bowling Green and Miami Ohio. My point is if you air it out against softies like that then what are you going to do against a tough team like the Bison?

Bisonguy
10-19-2007, 01:52 AM
For those who are supremely confident in the Herd (and there are a lot of you)….just caught wind that the game line is NDSU -2.

I believe that's what Sagarin's Predictor (most accurate) rating is, once you figue in home field advantage.

No_Skill
10-19-2007, 02:01 AM
I read on GopherHole that 5dimes.com has NDSU -6

onbison09
10-19-2007, 02:55 AM
SlickVick, what's the line?

jeffdaryl3rd
10-19-2007, 03:10 AM
Roehl is going to get the ball 25 times because we can. It is great to have a weapon like Walker who can carve people up, but NDSU is a hard-nosed team and we are going to come out and punch you right in the mouth. Yes, we can pass, but enjoy tackling Roehl, who by the way is bigger (235lbs) than all three of your starting linebackers (225, 215, 225). Walker will get his yards when we need them, but I think we'll settle for just running the goofs off the field.

tcbison
10-19-2007, 03:41 AM
NDSU might need to pass more in this game. In the Sam Houston State game the Bison went away from the pass when they had a big lead and let them get back into the game and even take the lead.

On the news the Gophers safety was saying they will probably put 8 in the box to stop the run. I have confidence in Walker that he can get it done in the air against a poor Gophers secondary.

jeffdaryl3rd
10-19-2007, 05:12 AM
Obviously NDSU is not going to just line up in the triple-I and run for two yards every time. Walker will get his yards and make timely throws, maybe we will even go primarily to the air, we'll just have to see. Just that in my opinion we have favorable matchups on the ground and in the air when we're on offense and pounding it out on the ground rests our "D".