PDA

View Full Version : Deja Vu?

Bison101
10-18-2007, 01:43 AM
Does anyone feel exactly the same as they did before the game last year? Think about it. What are the similarities. An undefeated seaseon. One win to a 1-A School (Last Year It Was Ball State, This Year CMU). A stellar runningback and QB. Lots of Bison Fans at the Metrodome. The same weekend as Teacher's Convention. The same location on the calendar. It's creepy, all the similarities.

No_Skill
10-18-2007, 01:58 AM
I have thought of it.

It's like fate or something. It was in the stars for us to win last year, but due to some weird cosmic oddity, we lost. Now the universe is making up for it. :D

heymch86
10-18-2007, 01:58 AM
i saw this thread title and thought all the bisonvillers were gonna have a get together and celebrate with some "elegant" girls after the game

roadwarrior
10-18-2007, 01:59 AM
One big difference is that last year it was a home game for me and this year it's a rodent trip.

CaBisonFan
10-18-2007, 02:30 AM
Does anyone feel exactly the same as they did before the game last year? Think about it. What are the similarities. An undefeated seaseon. One win to a 1-A School (Last Year It Was Ball State, This Year CMU). A stellar runningback and QB. Lots of Bison Fans at the Metrodome. The same weekend as Teacher's Convention. The same location on the calendar. It's creepy, all the similarities.

I agree. My heart says that the Bison should win, but my brain tells me that this feels awfully familiar. Journeys into these uncharted waters are fun, but they also make me sweat...a lot.

This could be Deja Vu all over again.

BisBison
10-18-2007, 02:35 AM
I agree. My heart says that the Bison should win, but my brain tells me that this feels awfully familiar. Journeys into these uncharted waters are fun, but they also make me sweat...a lot.

This could be Deja Vu all over again.

I'm with you all the way Ca. This game makes me so nervous I can hardly stand it. :praying: Saturday can't come fast enough for me. But if we win. :cheers: :bong:

Sober Fan
10-18-2007, 02:55 AM
i saw this thread title and thought all the bisonvillers were gonna have a get together and celebrate with some "elegant" girls after the game

You have an open mind. BUT, just because this thread isn't about the Vu doesn't mean we can't go there and watch elegant girls remove theirs. Plus, the Vu's cover is probably less than $35.

motty
10-18-2007, 02:59 AM
I dont feel the same at all. Last year I was just hoping to stay within 14 points. All I wanted was to not get blown out. This year I honestly feel like we should win this game. Just like I felt in the CMU game this is a game where we are the better team we should win.

X-Factor
10-18-2007, 04:12 AM
I dont feel the same at all. Last year I was just hoping to stay within 14 points. All I wanted was to not get blown out. This year I honestly feel like we should win this game. Just like I felt in the CMU game this is a game where we are the better team we should win.

I agree, I don't see the similarities. Last year I was worried about getting worked over on defense and not being able to score with the U. This year, I really think the Bison are the better team hands down and I really don't think there is any team on the schedule that can stop this offense besides itself. I see the Bison scoring a LOT of points on Saturday. It is going to be up to the Gopher offense to make a game of it.

BigBison
10-18-2007, 05:05 AM
I see the similarities, we're coming off a win from MSV, Gophers are coming off a loss to a Big Ten team, same weekend...etc etc. BUT this game has a totally different FEEL than last year. Last year we we're all hopeing for a close game, but this year we're so much more confident. Me I'm still hoping a win, I think we'll win, but I know this game could go either way.

99Bison
10-18-2007, 05:26 AM
I see the similarities, we're coming off a win from MSV, Gophers are coming off a loss to a Big Ten team, same weekend...etc etc. BUT this game has a totally different FEEL than last year. Last year we we're all hopeing for a close game, but this year we're so much more confident. Me I'm still hoping a win, I think we'll win, but I know this game could go either way.

Kind of with you on this one. Statistic similaries. Feel a bit different. Last year was so unknown, where as this year there is a benchmark from last year as well as many other known factors.

KC Bison
10-18-2007, 01:37 PM
I remember sitting down in the 3rd or 4th quarter last year cuz my legs felt so weak. I realized I was mentally exhausted. I kept thinking that Gophers were going to kill us and then as the game wore on, my hopes kept going up that we might actually win the game. While I felt bad that we lost, I was very please with that we had played such a great game.
This year I have a totally different mind set. After the C. Michigan game, I feel that we can not only compete with the Gophers but that we might even be able to put a little distance between us and the Gophers on the score board. I think I might even be disappointed if we merely win a close game cuz I think the Gophers are such a bad team right now but a win is a win.

bisonmike2
10-18-2007, 02:48 PM
One big difference is that last year it was a home game for me and this year it's a rodent trip.

exact opposite for me. I will enjoy not having to drive the 3 1/2 hours this year.

bisonmike2
10-18-2007, 02:52 PM

I would feel better if were playing this game against Mason's gophers, mainly b/c of the offense. The spread really worries me. You pretty much knew what you were going to get with Mason's offense. We just don't have enough depth to make me feel extremely confident about this one. I still think we will win, but it's gonna be a shootout.

lakesbison
10-18-2007, 03:03 PM
Schieks is better!!

aces1180
10-18-2007, 03:20 PM
Schieks is better!!

True that!!

OldBison
10-18-2007, 03:29 PM

And therein may lie the most significant reason why the result will not be the same!

OldBison
10-18-2007, 03:34 PM
I agree, I don't see the similarities. Last year I was worried about getting worked over on defense and not being able to score with the U. This year, I really think the Bison are the better team hands down and I really don't think there is any team on the schedule that can stop this offense besides itself. I see the Bison scoring a LOT of points on Saturday. It is going to be up to the Gopher offense to make a game of it.

Actually, I am not sure we are a better team, and that is what makes me nervous.

I don't think our defense is better (Bohl said so also on his radio show), and there is no question their offense is better, at least as making yds and scoring points. Last year I was more confident, actually. Their strength, running the ball, played to our strength, stopping the run. Remember, we had not had a 100 yd rusher against us going into the game and Pinnix also failed? This year their strength is passing for lots of yds with a mobile QB. Our pass defense is the weakest part of our game (O, D, ST). Yes, they give up TO, but we have not shown an ability to force TO.

So, this game scares me. Last year I knew we could be competitive, this year their strength plays to our weakness and it scares the hell out of me.

motty
10-18-2007, 04:06 PM
Actually, I am not sure we are a better team, and that is what makes me nervous.

I don't think our defense is better (Bohl said so also on his radio show), and there is no question their offense is better, at least as making yds and scoring points. Last year I was more confident, actually. Their strength, running the ball, played to our strength, stopping the run. Remember, we had not had a 100 yd rusher against us going into the game and Pinnix also failed? This year their strength is passing for lots of yds with a mobile QB. Our pass defense is the weakest part of our game (O, D, ST). Yes, they give up TO, but we have not shown an ability to force TO.

So, this game scares me. Last year I knew we could be competitive, this year their strength plays to our weakness and it scares the hell out of me.

Wasn't Central Michigan's strength its spread offense, they had a more expereinced more proven QB and we handled that just fine. The D has been pretty solid in my book short of the SHST game. That little Spread Option QB run is the only play that worries me I look for Weber to turn the ball over 2-3 times.

Also correct me if I'm wrong but we lost the TO battle last year and still should have won that game, and while I know its a different year when we win the TO battle this year it should lead to a Bison W.

tcbison
10-18-2007, 04:11 PM
Wasn't Central Michigan's strength its spread offense, they had a more expereinced more proven QB and we handled that just fine. The D has been pretty solid in my book short of the SHST game. That little Spread Option QB run is the only play that worries me I look for Weber to turn the ball over 2-3 times.

Also correct me if I'm wrong but we lost the TO battle last year and still should have won that game, and while I know its a different year when we win the TO battle this year it should lead to a Bison W.

NDSU had a fumble and an INT last year. They also turned over the ball on downs and after that Minnesota had their drive for their TD. Penalities killed NDSU last year. They had a TD called back and some other penalities that stopped drives.

bisonmike2
10-18-2007, 04:15 PM
NDSU had a fumble and an INT last year. They also turned over the ball on downs and after that Minnesota had their drive for their TD. Penalities killed NDSU last year. They had a TD called back and some other penalities that stopped drives.

Hopefully the penalties and turnovers of last years game can be attriuted to some jitters of playing in such a hyped up atmosphere. although the hype is greater this year, I think the experience of having already seen it should take care of some of those problems.

BigBison
10-18-2007, 04:25 PM
I think playing CMU and SHSU, two teams that run the spread well, is going to really help the Bison be prepared for this game. Remember NDSU did not play perfect last year the score could of been something like 30-10 NDSU.

cbline
10-18-2007, 04:34 PM
Another element that was missing last year was Shamen's special teams return threat. I would LOVE to see him rip off a long return (and to hear the crowd's reaction as he does it)!!

aces1180
10-18-2007, 04:37 PM
Another element that was missing last year was Shamen's special teams return threat. I would LOVE to see him rip off a long return (and to hear the crowd's reaction as he does it)!!

Rep points...That thought just gave me chills.