PDA

View Full Version : Up to four NDSU-Minnesota tickets available

StadiumGuy
10-17-2007, 07:10 PM
Hello. I have up to four available Bison-Gopher tickets available for this Saturday. Tremendously great seats--Section 107, Row 10, Seats 3,4,5,15. Comparable seats are going for $155-$192 on StubHub, TicketsNow, etc., but I am willing to sell them for substantially less than that on condition of good-natured behavior toward Gopher fans.

Please make an offer via Private Message (or provide your contact info in this thread) if you are interested. I was thinking of asking around $110-120 each, which is less than what you would pay or I would get through the ticket broker sites, but go ahead and make a good faith offer of whatever you think is fair if you believe that's too much for these seats. I am very open to negotiation. I could deliver them to you (if we live close enough together), you could pick them up, I could overnight them, or we could meet at the game, depending on your preferences.

Thanks!

-StadiumGuy

P.S. Congratulations on a great season so far. You've got a good team and a great coach.

gopherz
10-17-2007, 07:12 PM
I too have tickets, student section, can sit anywhere you want between sections 120 and 112 on a first come first serve basis.

SlickVic
10-17-2007, 07:27 PM
tickets for this game are way over hyped anybody paying in the triple digits for a seat is completly nuts...to put things in perspective i've been to 2 pretty big college football games in the last 2 years...2005 ohio state/penn state in happy vally and 2006 ohio state/iowa at kinnick...2005 sat in the nittany lion club seats for $150 and that was a game featuring 2 top 5 teams...2006 sat 45 yard line 15th row ish on the ohio state sideline...right behind "the animal" lorinitis dad for $125 each...both of those games were primetime nationally televised games...i believe gameday was at both of them but for sure gameday was in happy valley...anybody who pays more then 50 bucks to sit in the dumper dome this weekend is completley nuts...tickets will be getting got outside the HHH for face value or less...i may be wrong but i doubt it ;)

*wouldn't call this a "big time" game but i was at the 2003 penn state nebraska game in lincoln both those teams sucked pretty bad but it was still in primetime on ABC national tv...sat in the upper deck pretty good seats no complaints for $50

gopherz
10-17-2007, 07:30 PM
Slick you can buy some from me then :)

SlickVic
10-17-2007, 07:36 PM
Slick you can buy some from me then :)

thanks but no thanks im not trying to sit in the student section...gonna get tix from my boy bob outside of huberts dudes been scalpin there for over 20 years always has the best seats in the house for face value or less...anyways i think its hillarious what people are paying to see this game...game 7 t-wolves kings at target center senior year of high school me and my buddys rolled down there with no tickets got there 10 min before the game and got seats for $25 a piece from my boy bob...they were nosebleeds but that was probably KGs finest moment as a t-wolf

gopherz
10-17-2007, 07:46 PM
That's the way to go. I just bought my tickets for the Timberwolves opener.

SlickVic
10-17-2007, 07:53 PM
That's the way to go. I just bought my tickets for the Timberwolves opener.

chea how jacked are you to see al jefferson bang in the post?

gopherz
10-17-2007, 07:55 PM
Pretty damn jacked especially after seeing him at Tubby Tip-Off!!

StadiumGuy
10-17-2007, 08:04 PM
That may be. On the other hand, I can't believe what lots of people pay for other tickets, as to Hannah Montana, for example. This is the Bisons' biggest game of the year, unless they play for the national championship, and even then it's maybe debatable. I know if the Gophers went to a January 1 Bowl Game, I'd go if I could afford it almost no matter what tickets cost (plus travel and lodging; many NDSU fans live near enough Minneapolis to drive). I was going based on a 25-30% discount from the auction site prices. As I said, I'm very open to negotiation based on what people think is fair. So don't let the original asking price keep you away--make an offer! -StadiumGuy :)

gopherz
10-17-2007, 08:05 PM
I'll be super fair with my tickets, best offers win.

SlickVic
10-17-2007, 08:07 PM
That may be. On the other hand, I can't believe what lots of people pay for other tickets, as to Hannah Montana, for example. This is the Bisons' biggest game of the year, unless they play for the national championship, and even then it's maybe debatable. I know if the Gophers went to a January 1 Bowl Game, I'd go if I could afford it almost no matter what tickets cost (plus travel and lodging; many NDSU fans live near enough Minneapolis to drive). I was going based on a 25-30% discount from the auction site prices. As I said, I'm very open to negotiation based on what people think is fair. So don't let the original asking price keep you away--make an offer! -StadiumGuy :)

whats the face on them? looks to me right around the 20 yard line and a pretty low row = not an attractive view of the football field...my boy bob will def have some between the 40s upper and lower deck...they'll probably be in the gophers section but that's exactly where im trying to sit ;)

gopherz
10-17-2007, 08:09 PM
Atta boy!! But sorry I'm still more in the heart of the student section. Since I usually come about 45 minutes and aren't quite sure, Vic do you know how early I should get there for the student tickets to get in/near the front row? I was thinking about 2 hours early that way I'd be in like 30 minutes before the gates open. Ideas?

SlickVic
10-17-2007, 08:16 PM
Atta boy!! But sorry I'm still more in the heart of the student section. Since I usually come about 45 minutes and aren't quite sure, Vic do you know how early I should get there for the student tickets to get in/near the front row? I was thinking about 2 hours early that way I'd be in like 30 minutes before the gates open. Ideas?

i hit up the penn state game last year front row seat 50 yard line pretty pathetic seat just grabbed it cuz i wanted an upclose look at paterno on his saturday stroll...that game was an 11 am kick off as well and i think i got there around 10:20 ish and im not sure if there was a single student seated haha this game might be different if the UM students are considering it a rivalary game but with the record they got id say an hour early and you should be sitting in some sweet seats

gopherz
10-17-2007, 08:18 PM
They won't be considering it a rivalry game, I'm worried about the super hardcores and some of the Bison fans that I can guarantee bought tickets from students.

SlickVic
10-17-2007, 08:22 PM
They won't be considering it a rivalry game, I'm worried about the super hardcores and some of the Bison fans that I can guarantee bought tickets from students.

yeah the student section there is pathetic from what i seen it was half full for that game and they were chanting fire mason when the probably should have won the game the refs blew a call in overtime and the big ten issued a statement later in the week apologizing...penn state wasn't bad last year either whatd they lose to 4 top 10 teams? the whole gopher fan base is purely pathetic a solid penn state team comes in there, a really well played football game that went to overtime and there was probably only 40k there at most...michigan came in there last year for a primetime game and it looked like it was only half full...mason was the man it's not his fault nobody cares about gopher football

OhFourGopher
10-17-2007, 08:23 PM

I can guarantee the NDSU faithfuls will be much more pumped up for this game than gopher fans. This game is going to be a shootout, nothing like last years game, I think it is going to be a great close game decided by turnovers and crowd momentum.

gopherz
10-17-2007, 08:24 PM
Well Brewster is doing a great job with the students, I've seen him around campus and talked to him a couple of times, he really gets out there and gets people fired up, even though the team is terrible. He even came to speak at our Sports Management meeting a few weeks ago, excellent speaker. The games have been decently filled with students almost every time...

SlickVic
10-17-2007, 08:27 PM
I can guarantee the NDSU faithfuls will be much more pumped up for this game than gopher fans. This game is going to be a shootout, nothing like last years game, I think it is going to be a great close game decided by turnovers and crowd momentum.

yeah why wouldnt they be the bison are playing for a mythical national championship with revenge on their minds...what are the gophers playing for coach brewster? hahahaha

SlickVic
10-17-2007, 08:31 PM
Well Brewster is doing a great job with the students, I've seen him around campus and talked to him a couple of times, he really gets out there and gets people fired up, even though the team is terrible. He even came to speak at our Sports Management meeting a few weeks ago, excellent speaker. The games have been decently filled with students almost every time...

yeah people rave about brewster this brewster that as far as being so friendly and what not and then they say mason was an arrogant prick...he was? 2 years ago i strolled right into the gopher football offices when i had time to kill waiting to go to a t-wolves game and i walked up to his secretary wearing a penn state jersey and sweat pants...id like to shake glen masons hand...well hes in a meeting hold on let me see if i can get him...out walks mason with that goofy smile of his whats up buddy? tells his secretary to get me and my buddy a pop and some game programs...told us to feel free to roam around and make ourselfs at home...and then he was like penn state huh? and pointed to that wall they got full of pictures of that monumentul upset they had in 99 over psu and bursted out laughing...my oh my mason was the man at minnesota

StadiumGuy
10-17-2007, 09:11 PM
whats the face on them? looks to me right around the 20 yard line and a pretty low row = not an attractive view of the football field...my boy bob will def have some between the 40s upper and lower deck...they'll probably be in the gophers section but that's exactly where im trying to sit ;)

Face for this season ticket is [edit] $25 (I originally thought it was $45; that's what it was for the tOSU game), but it's in the $30/ticket section if you look online. It's actually a great row because you're high enough that you can see the whole field but low enough that you feel really close to the action. Closer to the 15-yard line than 20. Cheerleaders are right in front of you, and the seats are immediately behind players' families (thus, I insist on a promise of classy behavior).

Also, I think the middle of the field is overrated. Think about it--where does the most exciting action take place? Inside the 20. Sure you might be on the other side of the field for half of it, but the redzone action on your side more than makes up for it. I was on the home-side 50 for the first half of the last home game, where the recruits were, and I ended up moving back to my regular row because I liked the atmosphere and view better.

SlickVic
10-17-2007, 09:16 PM
Face is $45. It's actually a great row because you're high enough that you can see the whole field but low enough that you feel really close to the action. Closer to the 15-yard line than 20. Cheerleaders are right in front of you, and the seats are immediately behind players' families (thus, I insist on a promise of classy behavior).

Also, I think the middle of the field is overrated. Think about it--where does the most exciting action take place? Inside the 20. Sure you might be on the other side of the field for half of it, but the redzone action on your side more than makes up for it. I was on the home-side 50 for the first half of the last home game, where the recruits were, and I ended up moving back to my regular row because I liked the atmosphere and view better.

so you're trying to sell them for more than double face? get lost

gopherz
10-17-2007, 09:38 PM
I don't know Slick, I mean, wouldn't you want to pay that much money for them? :D Or spend 20 bucks from a scalper and get as good or better tickets? I'm just playin, good luck selling your tickets man.

StadiumGuy
10-17-2007, 09:49 PM
so you're trying to sell them for more than double face? get lost

No, three to four times face. Like I said, I just suggested that based on a discount from what some NDSU fans have been willing to pay for comparable tickets. I appreciate your kindness, though. So, thanks, I think I will get lost, since it looks like a Gopher fan is interested in buying my tickets (albeit for a far greater discount, a sacrifice I am willing to make for a fellow Gopher fan). Good luck on Saturday.