PDA

View Full Version : Soccer recruiting

tony
10-17-2007, 06:09 AM
http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/preps/20071016-1657-commit16.html

Kristen Whipple from San Diego - just a name so far.

cabis
10-18-2007, 07:43 PM
Good find Tony. I did some digging and couldn't find much. What I did find is pretty encouraging though. She was a member of the San Diego Surf club team which is one of the top clubs in So Cal. So that means she has consistently played against the highest level of competition in the country. Since we graduate six seniors next year, this is the type of recruit we need; someone that can step in and contribute right away.

cabis
02-06-2008, 04:22 PM
Signing day today for soccer as well. Rumor has it we have 10 players to sign. The only other verbal I could find was Aubrey Bot from Gonzaga Prep in Spokane WA. She is a defender and played for Spokane Shadow a pretty decent club team.
We should know about these and the rest later today!

tony
02-06-2008, 06:09 PM
I ran across two future Bison today:

Holly Christian, Apple Valley
Megan Dean, Rosemount

Source: http://www.startribune.com/sports/preps/15337726.html

tony
02-07-2008, 07:26 AM
The official list:

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11945&SPID=699&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=1383666

Danielle Boldenow, midfielder, Forest Lake, MN
Aubrey Bot, midfielder/defender, Spokane, WA
Emily Brostrom, forward, Dayton, MN
Holly Christian, defender, Apple Valley, MN
Megan Dean, forward, Inver Grove Heights, MN
Danielle DeMent, midfielder, Sioux Falls, SD
Morgan DeMike, defender, Woodbury, MN
Michelle Gaffaney, forward, Bloomington, MN
Laura Wagner, midfielder, Plymouth, MN
Kristen Whipple, midfielder/defender, San Diego, CA

Four players are associated with Bangu Tsumani which just sounds cool.

roadwarrior
02-07-2008, 10:34 AM
Pete mentioned at the signing day party that his recruiting was basically done last May and they just had to wait for the national signing day to make it official. He sounded very positive about the group coming in. Three of them are up for Presidential Scholarships at NDSU, which is the highest scholarship a student can receive. Schools that lost out on this group included West Point, Iowa, Creighton, Minnesota and of course SDSU.

sambini
02-07-2008, 11:44 AM
Congrats to Pete and his staff. ++++++++++

Blue
02-07-2008, 06:00 PM
Pete mentioned at the signing day party that his recruiting was basically done last May and they just had to wait for the national signing day to make it official. He sounded very positive about the group coming in. Three of them are up for Presidential Scholarships at NDSU, which is the highest scholarship a student can receive. Schools that lost out on this group included West Point, Iowa, Creighton, Minnesota and of course SDSU.
Jacks haven't missed out on much signing five and getting 2 redshirts back next year to round out the recruiting class. Sounds like an okay class for the Bison as they are eligible for postseason play next fall. The Jacks are halfway done for next year as the have 4 verbals that are known so far. Look forward to seeing the battle resume this fall.

cabis
04-23-2008, 03:20 AM
As tctatanka posted in another thread, Ashley Dement and goalkeeper Monica Morgan have left the team.
Dement was a talented player who often just didn't seem to want to put in the required effort. It is a huge commitment and if your heart is not in it 100% then this may be best for all concerned.
Not sure why Morgan is leaving but it leaves us with only one keeper on the roster. That keeper is RS freshman Allie Radner who sat out the season with an ACL injury and is still not cleared to play. Who ever starts next season it will be a rookie!
We had a recruit in from California last week and have another coming this week? Hopefully Pete can sign them both because it would be nice to have three on the roster without a proven #1

ndsoccerfan
05-10-2008, 02:24 PM
I see Pete has added a GK to the roster for next year. I'm sure this was an important piece with only one GK (and one coming off an ACL) on the spring roster.

Anyone know if Monica Morgan is transfering or staying at NDSU and just not playing?

cabis
05-27-2008, 08:40 PM
NDSU recruiting class ranked 3rd in Summit League by soccer buzz. We are also listed as the hot mover from 07 to 08.
http://www.soccerbuzz.com/recruits08/confbreakdown.htm#summit
Western Illinois and Oakland were ranked 1 and 2 respectively.

sambini
06-03-2008, 11:01 PM
Thanks for the update+++