PDA

View Full Version : What kind of game do you want on Saturday?

Ferd
10-17-2007, 02:04 AM
What do you want?

A Mississippi Valley State breeze?

or

a Sam Houston State nail biter?

What kind of game do you expect to see?

My bias only let me give you Bison winning options. (Of course there haven't been that many losing scenarios the last two years.)

tcbison
10-17-2007, 02:06 AM
I want to see a NDSU domination. However, I think we will see a close game. Either way if NDSU wins I will be happy.

sambini
10-17-2007, 02:06 AM
All I want is a Bison win.....

No_Skill
10-17-2007, 02:38 AM
Yeah... I want the kind where we win.

56BISON73
10-17-2007, 02:56 AM
I think we will see a high scoring game. SUs D secondary is suspect and so is MNs. Turnovers and who takes advantage of them will be the winners.

Regardless of what many people have been saying MN has alot of talent on their team and I wouldnt take them lightly. They just havent put it all together yet.PL

ps we cant afford any STUPID personal foul penalties :banghead: :ranting:

lakesbison
10-17-2007, 03:03 AM
SMASHMOUTH!!

I dont care if we win 10-7 or 6-3. I wanna run it DOWN THEIR THROATS!!

ndsubison1
10-17-2007, 03:07 AM
I want a Bison thrashing!!!

SDbison
10-17-2007, 03:14 AM
I want the Bison to take the lead in the first quarter and never look back. A two touchdown margin of victory is not out of the question. I think some of you give the stumbling Gophers too much credit. I don't give a rip if they are in the Big Ten. NDSU's players are as good individually (some not as good, some the same, and some better) but as a team they play much better than the Goofers. NDSU's coaching staff, even though not as well paid, is every bit as good and in some ways better than Minnesota's coaches.

UncleBuck
10-17-2007, 03:23 AM
I would love to see a Bison win, and a rather comfortable margin of victory, but as good as the Bison are, I think the game is going to be tough, a lot tougher than some of the posters here think it will be.

I hope I'm wrong and the Bison crush the Gophers, and go undefeated.

UTH
10-17-2007, 03:32 AM
I think we will see a high scoring game. SUs D secondary is suspect and so is MNs. Turnovers and who takes advantage of them will be the winners.

Regardless of what many people have been saying MN has alot of talent on their team and I wouldnt take them lightly. They just havent put it all together yet.PL

What he said. But the Bison should have fewer stalled drives.

WYOBISONMAN
10-17-2007, 03:34 AM

What he said!

motty
10-17-2007, 03:35 AM
I want the kind of game where the gophers block a kick and have a free run into the endzone only to get hit by the invisible tackler and fumble so I can fall onto the field laughin (oh wait I think I saw that happen already)

In all honesty I want to jump out to a quick lead and as lakes so eloquently puts it POUND IT DOWN THEIR THROATS after that

Stupid personal fouls have to not happen this game

MinotBison
10-17-2007, 03:53 AM
A dominating Bison victory would be nice, and if it included any of the following, all the better.

1. A fake field goal leading to a TD, ala the Montana game a few years back.
2. Walker to Parsons for a TD.
3. Parsons running for a TD.
4. Shamen scoring on a reverse.
5. Shamen scoring on a punt return.

Hammerhead
10-17-2007, 04:11 AM
I'd like to see the Bison win in overtime since the Gophers can't seem to win any overtime games.

On second thought, I'd prefer a 21-point win.

WarBison
10-17-2007, 04:11 AM
A dominating Bison victory would be nice, and if it included any of the following, all the better.

1. A fake field goal leading to a TD, ala the Montana game a few years back.
2. Walker to Parsons for a TD.
3. Parsons running for a TD.
4. Shamen scoring on a reverse.
5. Shamen scoring on a punt return.

I think Minnesota will do all they can to take Shamen away and not let him beat them. Then again, this will more than likely end up in better field position for the good guys.

CaBisonFan
10-17-2007, 05:01 AM
I wanna see Tyler 'Roll' and Walker have one of his best days as a Bison. I want people watching the Big Ten network to see just how gifted he is. I want our linebackers to dominate and to apply some real pain on their QB & backs. I want Joe M. to have a career day and to leave the field with a huge smile on his face this time. I want the offensive line to dominate so that we can control the tempo of the game, and give the backfield a chance to do their thing. I want the SU crowd to take over the baggie and humiliate the Minnesota crowd. I want our outstanding group of receivers to peck away at their D-backs without mercy. I want to see Paschal and Blincoe have a few big runs. I want one or two outstanding returns by Shamen & Majeski. I wanna see a punt take out one of the lights. I want our emerging defensive line to continue to build its confidence and to have a strong game. Stop the run. Suffocate the run.

Control the ball. Control the ball. And then...control the ball. Take the legs away from Minnesota's defense. Have them begging to be taken out of the game because they can't feel their legs.

Tyler needs to role...big-time. That will be a HUGE key. HUGE

If Tyler gets going, the Gophers are in deep sh.. He needs to show that he is an FBS caliber back with great power...which he is...and has.

Roehl, offensive line, and Walker must...I say must...control, and take care of the ball. Long, nice, pesky drives that finish with touchdowns...this time. Finish the job.

No stupid tripping calls.

And I'd like to fly up and be there, but I can't afford it.

That's all.

Da_Bison
10-17-2007, 05:20 AM
I would take any win first and foremost, but would love to see a total domination of every aspect of the game, similar to Central Michigan and a bit more. To launch the Bison further into the national spotlight and give us some additional props for recruiting and possible votes in the FBS poll.

Just think of all the recruits that will be at the game for both us and UM.

ndsubison1
10-17-2007, 06:08 AM
I am predicting a return TD for Shamen Washington. Which really isn't that bold of a prediction, but other than a Bison victory, I would love to see a Shamen return for a TD!

X-Factor
10-17-2007, 03:11 PM
I want to beat them BAD.

if it is 10-9 but we win, all they are going to say is "you just beat the worst Gopher team in 100 years blah blah blah..."

westriver bison
10-17-2007, 03:37 PM
What kind of game do I "want" on Saturday? I want the Bison to put a beatdown on the Gophers like Nebraska did a few years ago. ~70-14

What do I expect? I expect a hard fought, physical game that is won or lost in the last minute of the game.

NDFAN2
10-17-2007, 03:46 PM
What kind of game do I "want" on Saturday? I want the Bison to put a beatdown on the Gophers like Nebraska did a few years ago. ~70-14

What do I expect? I expect a hard fought, physical game that is won or lost in the last minute of the game.

I agree too. Deep down in my heart, I want a Bison butt wooping! I think this Bison team deserves it!

What will happen on Saturday will be quite different I'm afraid, but I still think the Bison will win by at least 1 TD.

I'd love to see plenty of a rolling pocket play for Walker, and plenty of D!

FarSouth Bison
10-17-2007, 04:13 PM
Hate to say it but i think it will be won by a field goal, and of course it will be the Bison on the winning end.

OldBison
10-17-2007, 04:17 PM
I'd like to see the Bison win in overtime since the Gophers can't seem to win any overtime games.

On second thought, I'd prefer a 21-point win.

The Goofers are actually 1-2 in OT games.

SDbison
10-17-2007, 04:22 PM
I want to see a big win by the Bison regardless. A bigger margin of victory will be outstanding. I would love to hear PA & Dubay and the rest of rodent land make excuses the next week after a butt whooping. What is it Gopher fans........the mighty Big Ten that is vastly superior regardless, or a bad Minnesota team even if they have 20 more scholies that are vastly better talentwise?
If I hear one more time this game is more important to NDSU I am going to puke. That is the statement of loser fans, loser coaches and a loser Goofer program.

OldBison
10-17-2007, 04:24 PM
I wanna see Tyler 'Roll' and Walker have one of his best days as a Bison. I want people watching the Big Ten network to see just how gifted he is. I want our linebackers to dominate and to apply some real pain on their QB & backs. I want Joe M. to have a career day and to leave the field with a huge smile on his face this time. I want the offensive line to dominate so that we can control the tempo of the game, and give the backfield a chance to do their thing. I want the SU crowd to take over the baggie and humiliate the Minnesota crowd. I want our outstanding group of receivers to peck away at their D-backs without mercy. I want to see Paschal and Blincoe have a few big runs. I want one or two outstanding returns by Shamen & Majeski. I wanna see a punt take out one of the lights. I want our emerging defensive line to continue to build its confidence and to have a strong game. Stop the run. Suffocate the run.

Control the ball. Control the ball. And then...control the ball. Take the legs away from Minnesota's defense. Have them begging to be taken out of the game because they can't feel their legs.

Tyler needs to role...big-time. That will be a HUGE key. HUGE

If Tyler gets going, the Gophers are in deep sh.. He needs to show that he is an FBS caliber back with great power...which he is...and has.

Roehl, offensive line, and Walker must...I say must...control, and take care of the ball. Long, nice, pesky drives that finish with touchdowns...this time. Finish the job.

No stupid tripping calls.

And I'd like to fly up and be there, but I can't afford it.

That's all.

Hey, nice job, I agree with everything. Ball control will be critical. Given their ability to move the ball and score a lot of points, our best defense will be our offense controlling the ball and limiting the touches the Goofer O gets.

I also want our coaches to coach smart. Despite the comment on tripping, and others about missed field goals, last years game was lost because the coaches went for it on 4th and 3 or so yds just inside Gopher territory (Gopher 47 yd line?). We didn't get the first down, Walker threw incomplete to White. That gave the Gophers a short field and they put a drive together ending in the only TD scored in the game.

So, besides the players showing up and doing what they are capable of doing best, and limiting penalties and TOs, we need our coaches to coach smart and not cost us the game like they did last year, IMHO.

OldBison
10-17-2007, 04:25 PM
I would take any win first and foremost, but would love to see a total domination of every aspect of the game, similar to Central Michigan and a bit more. To launch the Bison further into the national spotlight and give us some additional props for recruiting and possible votes in the FBS poll.

Just think of all the recruits that will be at the game for both us and UM.

We will likey have recruits there, but interesting enough, we are not allowed to invite recruits to an opponents game. I didn't know that until Bohl said that last night on his WDAY radio show.

KC Bison
10-17-2007, 04:40 PM
I'm driving in from Kansas City. I'm not driving all that way to watch them lose. I'm hoping we can roll over them but I'm afraid it will be a close game. Maybe a 20-17 win for the Bison.

gopherz
10-17-2007, 05:49 PM
I'd like to see a 49-42 gopher win.

roadwarrior
10-17-2007, 05:50 PM
If we lose the game, how many people will fall off the bandwagon and call for Bohl's firing?

NDFAN2
10-17-2007, 06:22 PM
If we lose the game, how many people will fall off the bandwagon and call for Bohl's firing?

Probably about the same number as last year.

79FCourt
10-17-2007, 06:32 PM
We'll need a huge amount of defense saturday. The Gophers are averaging 30 points per game and are a decent offensive team. All D-backs need to be on the top of their game, or we could be in for a long afternoon. Lets give them large doses of Roehl!

gopherz
10-17-2007, 06:34 PM
Ah why would you try to give us a large dose of Roehl? While overall our whole defense sucks, we have one of the worst pass defenses in college football and Walker is the best quarterback in FCS, why not take advantage of that? Even though running the ball isn't necessarily conservative its much more so than passing the ball, do so and I will sadly almost guarantee a Bison victory. This game is going to come down to turnovers, if Weber doesn't throw interceptions and we don't fumble the ball its going to be almost impossible for NDSU since your only weakness looks like the secondary (don't quote me on that, thats just what I've heard and what I saw against UC-Davis, tried to make this post as civil as possible)

Tatanka
10-18-2007, 02:32 AM
what I want on Saturday for the BISON starts with a W and rhymes with WIN.

99Bison
10-18-2007, 03:58 AM
Ah why would you try to give us a large dose of Roehl? While overall our whole defense sucks, we have one of the worst pass defenses in college football and Walker is the best quarterback in FCS, why not take advantage of that? Even though running the ball isn't necessarily conservative its much more so than passing the ball, do so and I will sadly almost guarantee a Bison victory. This game is going to come down to turnovers, if Weber doesn't throw interceptions and we don't fumble the ball its going to be almost impossible for NDSU since your only weakness looks like the secondary (don't quote me on that, thats just what I've heard and what I saw against UC-Davis, tried to make this post as civil as possible)

If Roehl ends up being given in large doeses it means the D is wore down, being wore down, or having success running and keeping ball control. Also, we tend to have a very balanced attack with a lot of play action. I personally am not thinking this game will play out like that, but coming from an NDSU watcher perspective it makes sense to comment as such.

It seems your underlined statement could be said in the exact opposite - if NDSU doesn't turn it over it will be almost impoosible for MN since your biggest weakness is defense. Oops, I just quoted you on that :-)

Personally my thoughts are if the turnover margin is negligable it will be a close game.

TransAmBison
10-18-2007, 11:13 AM
what I want on Saturday for the BISON starts with a W and rhymes with WIN.
Why must all your posts be so cryptic? :ranting:

Tatanka
10-18-2007, 01:16 PM
Why must all your posts be so cryptic? :ranting:
Tatanka: the thinking man's poster. ++