PDA

View Full Version : Big Match

DIGRAPPLER
10-17-2007, 12:12 AM
The way I see it, this match on Saturday is a pretty big one?! I am new to the volleyball scene. Any of the great volleyball minds got some insight for a vb rookie fan? I was convince by people on this board to go to the first game of the season and I have been meaning to get back. Is South Dakota State as big of a rival in Vollyball as football? This team is fun to watch and I would think they would appreciate a nice crowd, so I think I will take the wife on another Bison date!!!!

roadwarrior
10-17-2007, 12:17 AM
SDSU has a very good team and is ahead of us in the Summit League standings. If you wear a yellow shirt to the match on saturday night, you can buy a ticket for only $3.00.

The Bison have a very young team and the more fans out there the better.

Blue
10-17-2007, 12:43 AM
We should be returning one of our top starters who has been out for the last month with an injury. With her back it should be a different attitude for the Jacks. It's always a good match between the Jacks and the Bison. Have a feeling this won't be the last time this year the team's will be seeing each other on the volleyball court.

spiritbzn1
10-17-2007, 01:23 AM
In my opinion, this match is the biggest so far this season for the Bison. Much of the post season rests on this weekend. This Bison team is really fun to watch, mainly because they play so hard. They don't let many balls hit the ground, which results in great rally's!

spiritbzn1
10-17-2007, 01:24 AM
Those of you that are not staying in MPLS on Saturday night, please cheer double for those of us that won't make it back after the football game. Damn schedule!

Bisonguy
10-17-2007, 01:52 AM
I'm hoping to do the double-dip on saturday.

Prompt exit from the Metrodome, and head onto the interstate back to Bentson Bunker.

sambini
10-18-2007, 05:49 AM
Get those pesky rabbits. Good Luck Bison++

BisonSig
10-18-2007, 02:16 PM

Prompt exit from the Metrodome, and head onto the interstate back to Bentson Bunker.

Us too +++++++++++++++++++

KC_Hats
10-21-2007, 02:24 AM
Bison win 3-1!!!!

UTH
10-21-2007, 03:01 AM

Now, that's hardcore.

Bisonguy
10-21-2007, 03:17 AM
Now, that's hardcore.

Not that hardcore. I left after the second game so I could start working on the Gopher game photos.

There were a few fans out there that did the same thing- I know BisonSig, BisonBryce, and roadwarrior made it to both.

UTH
10-21-2007, 03:26 AM
Not that hardcore. I left after the second game so I could start working on the Gopher game photos.

There were a few fans out there that did the same thing- I know BisonSig, BisonBryce, and roadwarrior made it to both.

I just can't fathom having the focus to seek out more Bison athletics after the incredible show at the Metrodome. I stayed a good 30 minutes after the final knee. The place stayed well-populated for a long time. Lots of cheering / band playing / high fives / all around happiness. My mind is still swimming from that moment. I thought I had stamina - then I hear that people drive back to Fargo for more.

Congratulations, fellow Bison fans!

sambini
10-21-2007, 12:38 PM
My wife, daughter,and her friend we did them both. Grteat day for BISON ATHLETICS. Talked to Road at volleyball. Great job Bison ladies+++

BisonSig
10-21-2007, 03:59 PM
What a match it was!!! Neither team was exceptional on their serving, lots of service errors. Other then that there were many great rallies, some huge hits by both squads and some really solid play.

After watching the match the thing that stood out for me was the amazing balance both teams had in attacks. Both teams had 4 or 5 players with double digit kills. That is amazing. Usually 1 or 2 studs carry the load but that is not the case with the Amazing Jackrabbits or the Mighty Bison.

The setting was solid but I thought the referee wasn't calling a very tight match. SDSU's setter, who is from Hawaii, had a couple doubles that weren't called.

Good luck Jackrabbits, I am sure we will see you at the Conference tourney. :)

Go BISON.