PDA

View Full Version : NDSU vs. MN game in GF?

BisonBlitz
10-15-2007, 10:16 PM
Hey, stuck in GF over the weekend. Will the game be on at Buffalo Wild Wings or anything? I don't have personal access to the Big Ten Network and must watch.

Can anybody help me?:(

THEsocalledfan
10-15-2007, 10:19 PM
I stooped to taking a look to see what they were saying about the game on SS.com, and to my surprise, our neighbors to the North also seem interested in the game and are going route for the Bison buy and large. So, I am betting they will be showing it up there.

Almost made me want to avoid any negative cheers about the Trucks at the Gopher game. Can I really change? I make no promises....

TAILG8R
10-15-2007, 11:09 PM
Why whoudl you waste your breath cheering about UND at the Gopher game? Or at anygame for that matter.

THEsocalledfan
10-15-2007, 11:14 PM
Tradition. It is tradition to bad mouth them during just about any cheer no matter who you play. Any alumni should pretty much know that as it happened at every game I ever attended as a student.

Childish, yes, but old habits die hard.....

TAILG8R
10-15-2007, 11:16 PM
If you must, you must. I heard plenty of Gopher fans last year wondering why the hell NDSU fans were chanting things about the Sioux. I was embarrassed.

But as they say, it is a free world!

UTH
10-15-2007, 11:43 PM
If you must, you must. I heard plenty of Gopher fans last year wondering why the hell NDSU fans were chanting things about the Sioux. I was embarrassed.

But as they say, it is a free world!

What he said. Buzzkill.

BisonBlitz
10-16-2007, 12:07 AM
Agree. It's not the same anymore. I've seen kids on UND's campus wearing bison apparell (occasionally sparse). The rivalry is still there but it's not a big deal anymore. I'm sure it will pick up again when theystart playing again in '12 or whenever but for now I think you can consentrate on MN and SDSU.

I'm surprised by how many people up in GF are actually rooting for the Bison.

funteddy
10-16-2007, 12:13 AM
Its A Shame...It's Been Almost Forgotten.

BisonBlitz
10-16-2007, 12:27 AM
I agree but who's fault is that?
The stupid AD's should just set them up to play next year. They both have open dates available. Do it for the students! It's great for the state of ND.

Bisonguy
10-16-2007, 12:27 AM
Agree. It's not the same anymore. I've seen kids on UND's campus wearing bison apparell (occasionally sparse). The rivalry is still there but it's not a big deal anymore. I'm sure it will pick up again when theystart playing again in '12 or whenever but for now I think you can consentrate on MN and SDSU.

It's not really that suprising. Many of them have moved on and are cheering for another team from North Dakota.

ndsubison1
10-16-2007, 12:34 AM
It's funny cuz I know plenty of students from UND who are big fans of the Bison... a few close friends of mine from UND have been at more Bison games this year then UND football games... kinda strange and sad.

TheBisonator
10-16-2007, 12:41 AM

It's weird, I was up in GF over Labor Day weekend after coming down from Winnipeg, and I was wearing my Bison T-shirt and I had NDSU stickers on my car, and nobody gave me a dirty look or anything. I was in Target, Menards, a gas station, etc. I was even on the UND campus.

I think all the talk about people in GF treating Bison fans like crap is just an old wives tale, or an outdated notion.

TheBisonator
10-16-2007, 12:42 AM
It's funny cuz I know plenty of students from UND who are big fans of the Bison... a few close friends of mine from UND have been at more Bison games this year then UND football games... kinda strange and sad.

A bunch of UND friends of some of my classmates went to the Davis homecoming game. They even wore yellow!!!

roadwarrior
10-16-2007, 12:43 AM
Most students at both NDSU and UND that are from north dakota and probably a large area in minnesota have friends that attend the other school. It is not uncommon for those friends to get together on weekends, and the location is primarily determined on any "event" that weekend. We all know how Bison football has become "the" sporting event in the state, so it's not surprising to hear that some students from the north attend our games.

Bison_Pride
10-16-2007, 12:48 AM
I bet that a few of those hundreds of cars headed north on I29 on hockey nights have some Bison fans in them too.

BisonBlitz
10-16-2007, 12:50 AM
I'm sure you're right, and I kind of like that. The rivalry is great but for right now why the hell can't Bison fans come watch the #1 hockey team in the nation kick ass in the great state of ND? Why can't UND kids come down and watch the Bison kick ass in football when they don't have games in GF?

It's good for the state and the respective Universities,

Bisonguy
10-16-2007, 01:03 AM
It's weird, I was up in GF over Labor Day weekend after coming down from Winnipeg, and I was wearing my Bison T-shirt and I had NDSU stickers on my car, and nobody gave me a dirty look or anything. I was in Target, Menards, a gas station, etc. I was even on the UND campus.

I think all the talk about people in GF treating Bison fans like crap is just an old wives tale, or an outdated notion.

I wore a Bison hoody to a hockey game last year, and I'll politely disagree with your observation.

Tatanka
10-16-2007, 01:21 AM
I bet that a few of those hundreds of cars headed north on I29 on hockey nights have some Bison fans in them too.
Yes, and generally I'm in one of them. Just because I like teh hockies doesn't mean I have to like the school or its administration though.

UTH
10-16-2007, 01:23 AM

Personally, I find no humor in this. Neither is it strange or sad. I was doing "all of the above" years ago, back when it was underground.

Here's my theory: The "rivalry" has FINALLY died down enough to allow more people to think rationally and make informed decisions in deciding where to go to watch quality football. Also, I'm sure people finally don't feel as physically unsafe in Bison apparel as before.

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/indio_rojas/Sarcasm.jpg
*but author's opinions stand

wilson
10-16-2007, 02:19 AM
I grew up a Sioux fan, for real. But, after living in Fargo for 8 years, and the Bison moving up, I found myself rooting for them (I root for the state of ND in general). Please dont kill me. :)

ndsubison1
10-16-2007, 04:04 AM
Personally, I find no humor in this. Neither is it strange or sad. I was doing "all of the above" years ago, back when it was underground.

Here's my theory: The "rivalry" has FINALLY died down enough to allow more people to think rationally and make informed decisions in deciding where to go to watch quality football. Also, I'm sure people finally don't feel as physically unsafe in Bison apparel as before.

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/indio_rojas/Sarcasm.jpg
*but author's opinions stand

I find it funny, strange, and sad... no different then a Miami student going to watch a Florida game.

THEsocalledfan
10-16-2007, 05:52 AM
This is a nice civil discussion. I just hope the rivalry resumes. It is good for ND and was special. Hopefully, the break jas ended the irrational hatred. Seeing all the Truck fans cheer for us gives me hope. Trust me, when we play again, I will go back to pure hatred!

Ferd
10-16-2007, 03:36 PM
Other than becoming the top football team in the FCS in only 4 years, I am most satisfied with the CIVIL rivalries we have established; SDSU, Cal Davis, Cal Poly, the new competition in the Gateway should be awesome. I appreciate good football regardless who is playing it. I also like to attend games in other cities where their fans are repectful and yes, even friendly. I sat next to gopher season ticket holders at the Bison-Gopher women's BB game in the Barn and had a great time.

I don't want the OLD rivalry with UND back though I would relish a competitive, civil relationship to develop.

I am still upset that WE were blamed for stopping the series. I didn't attend the last Bison Sioux game in GF out of principle -- the price gouging that occurred. I also find SOME UND people to be arrogant and even obnoxious but it is certainly not true of all Sioux fans. However, I enjoy great sporting events and expect we'll be playing them in sports other than football in the next couple of years.

We can't afford to engage in a home and home with them because we'll lose a $300,000 paycheck from an FBS team. Now that we're in the Gateway we don't have so many games to fill in, and most of them should be home games. I understand they are not interested in even considering coming to Fargo to play in the dome, unless it's a home and home. So be it. Again, it's THEIR choice. Maybe when they get their new AD and they try to fill their schedules they'll have a change of heart. In the meantime, I'll just enjoy the top quality competition I've become accustom to.

I'm sorry for being so verbose. I've been following the threads so long and finally decided to post.

I'll continue to root for all ND teams, as long as they aren't playing the Bison.

I'll see you all in Mpls. I'll be the hoarse one, still yelling my lungs out.
:hungry:
I'm hungry for a Bison victory over the gophers.

UTH
10-16-2007, 03:46 PM
This is a nice civil discussion. I just hope the rivalry resumes. It is good for ND and was special. Hopefully, the break jas ended the irrational hatred. Seeing all the Truck fans cheer for us gives me hope. Trust me, when we play again, I will go back to pure hatred!

This is like deja vu all over again. Oh well, I'll bite. In this post, you express hope that the irrational hatred is over. Then, two sentences later, you "will go back to pure hatred." Transpose this attitude onto a great many people who aren't very good at keeping things rational to begin with. The "rivalry" would go back 10 years overnight. I would equate it with the pet in that Pet Sematary book. It can be brought back from the dead, but it will still stink.

Notorious
10-16-2007, 05:31 PM
I wore a Bison hoody to a hockey game last year, and I'll politely disagree with your observation.

UND fans don't like hoodys.....I hear ya man!