PDA

View Full Version : Next Nebraska Coach: Gil or Bohl, and when?

Thunder_Struck
10-15-2007, 03:26 PM
Sounds like there is some changes coming at Nebraska. Hopefully not the football coach!

Notorious
10-15-2007, 04:05 PM
Bohl is not going to Nebraska. First, he hates them, and second, they hate him!

ThunderDan
10-15-2007, 04:41 PM
Yeah, I would have a hard time believing that Bohl would want to go back to Nebraska after they basically made him a scapegoat for their shitty teams and fired him....I think he has proved now that he is a great coach and they obviously did not have the defensive talent to win while he was the D coordinator there.

EagleBison
10-15-2007, 05:39 PM
Bohl is not going to Nebraska. First, he hates them, and second, they hate him!

Some of them are impressed with what he has done at NDSU. Others haven't figured out he was a scapegoat.

sambini
10-15-2007, 08:07 PM
They just gave Callahan an extension earlier this fall. And Pederson the AD also got an extension... They are not a good football team.

sambini
10-15-2007, 08:16 PM
I just got a call from my nephew at Nebraska. They just fired Steve Pederson as athletic director. Rumor has it Tom Osbourne will replace him.

bisonmike2
10-15-2007, 08:20 PM
I just got a call from my nephew at Nebraska. They just fired Steve Pederson as athletic director. Rumor has it Tom Osbourne will replace him.

Osbuorne, really. Isn't he still a senator? That guy could convince Nebraska to secede from the union and name himself emperor of Nebraska if he wanted to. Bohl will not coach there. I think he would rather stick around NDSU, schedule Nebraska, than go down and hand it to them.

SlickVic
10-15-2007, 08:41 PM
turner gill baby haha...bohl should be gone to A&M and i'd be pretty jacked about that used to love that team when they had RC at the helm

sambini
10-15-2007, 08:56 PM
Turner hmm....

Bison bison
10-16-2007, 03:24 AM
Osbuorne, really. Isn't he still a senator? That guy could convince Nebraska to secede from the union and name himself emperor of Nebraska if he wanted to. Bohl will not coach there. I think he would rather stick around NDSU, schedule Nebraska, than go down and hand it to them.

this would have been the year to do it....

EagleBison
10-16-2007, 11:55 AM
Hope they don't think about Gene for their new AD either.

Shawn-O
10-16-2007, 05:27 PM
Bo Pellini will be on the short list.

Bison_Pride
10-16-2007, 08:04 PM
I just heard on the radio that Tom Osbourne will become the new AD.

SlickVic
10-16-2007, 08:22 PM
I just heard on the radio that Tom Osbourne will become the new AD.

whyd he ever retire in the first place he seems like hes like kind of a b!tch compared to paterno and bowden

EagleBison
10-16-2007, 08:43 PM
whyd he ever retire in the first place he seems like hes like kind of a b!tch compared to paterno and bowden

He's a nice man. He always gave his players a second and sometimes a third chance to right their lives, and was criticized a lot for doing that.

SlickVic
10-16-2007, 09:24 PM
He's a nice man. He always gave his players a second and sometimes a third chance to right their lives, and was criticized a lot for doing that.

yeah a win at all costs type...only team i ever really whatched of his was scott frost and that running back who used to play for green bay ahman green i think when they beat tennesee but as far as a mans man goes he pales in comparasion to paterno or even bobby...you dont think if paterno and bowden got out of it at the same age as old tom that they wouldn't have been front runners for any position they wanted in the state of florida and pennslyvania?

EagleBison
10-16-2007, 10:23 PM
Osborne had the nads to go for 2 and the win in 1983 vs Miami. He didn't make it, but he didn't play for the tie. No overtime in those days.

Oborne probably looked at Bear Bryant, died shortly after retiring. Tom got to spend some time enjoying other aspects of life outside of football.

SlickVic
10-16-2007, 10:51 PM
Osborne had the nads to go for 2 and the win in 1983 vs Miami. He didn't make it, but he didn't play for the tie. No overtime in those days.

Oborne probably looked at Bear Bryant, died shortly after retiring. Tom got to spend some time enjoying other aspects of life outside of football.

if osborne really had the nads he'd come back as the head coach and turn that football program around...the guys only 70, that's 10 years younger then paterno and 3 or 4 younger then bobby...old toms had his retirement for 10 years time to snap out of it and prove that he is a true coaching legend

56BISON73
10-16-2007, 11:07 PM
if osborne really had the nads he'd come back as the head coach and turn that football program around...the guys only 70, that's 10 years younger then paterno and 3 or 4 younger then bobby...old toms had his retirement for 10 years time to snap out of it and prove that he is a true coaching legend

He doesnt have to prove anything. PL

SlickVic
10-16-2007, 11:19 PM
He doesnt have to prove anything. PL

id like to see him come back and win one more bowl game so he could at least retire with a .500 record in bowls

onbison09
10-17-2007, 12:51 AM
A&M fans f-in hate coach Fran. Reference http://www.firefranpetition.com/. Not saying Bohl is going to go there but he's on his way out.

SlickVic
10-17-2007, 01:50 AM
A&M fans f-in hate coach Fran. Reference http://www.firefranpetition.com/. Not saying Bohl is going to go there but he's on his way out.

bohl really can't go wrong texas a&m or nebraska...he could very easily turn either of those programs into title contenders with a couple years on the job...the big 12 is just begging for one of those programs to step it up...with osborne the new AD at nebraska i could see a bohl press conference at the end of the season saying "I left north dakota state because my school called me. Mama called, and when Mama calls, then you just have to come running." ala bear bryant.

Bison bison
10-17-2007, 03:59 AM
bohl's reputation is tarnished in husker land, he ain't going back to lincoln except to kick some NU butt.

if NDSU beats the U on saturday he'll be on the list of every job that opens this year

SlickVic
10-17-2007, 05:02 AM
bohl's reputation is tarnished in husker land, he ain't going back to lincoln except to kick some NU butt.

if NDSU beats the U on saturday he'll be on the list of every job that opens this year

not sure what the situation is with him in "husker land"...i've heard things that probably shouldn't be discussed on this board but...old tom osborn is def bohls boy and like the bear said..."Mama called, and when Mama calls, then you just have to come running." that's bohls alma mater and old tom osborn is bohls boy...if touchdown tommy wants to pull the trigger, i think you'll be seeing bohls buitiful bald head all over ESPN saying something along the lines of "Papa called, and when Papa calls, then you just have to come running." honestly the man is a top 15 coach in all of college football hands down no doubt about it...throw in the slickness factor and he's a hot commodity...you could swap bohl with any coach of a top ten team right now and the results would be the same or better. next year bohls back in "husker land" as the head man...i may be wrong but i doubt it ;)

SlickVic
10-17-2007, 05:20 AM
just read this http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3066822

my oh my...
Perlman said Osborne will decide the fate of Callahan

"I mean, how could he not do this when he's asked?" she said. "It's like a calling or something." looks like old tom heard mama calling as well ;)

"He has high energy. I've always said he's going to die with his boots on. So maybe it will be as athletic director. Maybe there's something else."

his wife makes it sound like there could be a possibility of him coaching...im thinking that would be pretty slick to see touchdown tommy come back and coach next year not sure if he could do it tho the game has changed considerably in the last 10 years...this article makes it sound like osborne pretty much cut off ties with nebraska after they fired solich which means he probably wasn't to happy when they fired his boy bohl...he's come on to fix things and my guess would be it's bohl or bust for nebraska

lakesbison
10-17-2007, 05:25 AM
http://p218.ezboard.com/fthehole84398frm7.showMessageRange?topicID=20178.t opic&start=26&stop=29

hilarious.. read towards the bottom

where britney spears and putin battle for BOHL

SlickVic
10-17-2007, 05:51 AM
you people that think im joking when im comparing bohl and the bear better whatch this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=M3VTk0cEQB8

i bet bohls speech sounded strikingly similiar to the bears in that locker room at half time last year in davis, california...i may be wrong but i doubt it ;)

sambini
10-18-2007, 05:59 AM
TEXAS A+M athletic director is Bill Bryne. He was at Nebraska before Pederson. If Dennis F is canned Coach wil be on that list?