Sorry no link - premium information.

"I actually just decided a little bit ago, I chose the University of Colorado,"

Tatanka
10-15-2007, 02:18 AM
Ouch. That hurts.

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/myspaceicons31.gif

Mr. Burgundy
10-15-2007, 02:18 AM
F&&&. It is true. I feel like I just got punched in the stomach.

Mr. Burgundy
10-15-2007, 02:28 AM
It will be interesting to see what plan B is. I know they were waiting on this decision so they could move on and offer some other kids, but this was big. This one stings. I hope he hates it and comes back.....at least he could have signed with Miles at CSU.......Go ahead homers, tell me that I should be supportive of the kid....we don't all have to agree on this. He is now just another kid who turned us down, therefore, I hope we play them down the road and run up the score. Too bad we won't play them when Winks is still around so he could dominate. The grass is always greener out of state, but not many kids turn out like Boschee at Kansas.

tcbison
10-15-2007, 02:50 AM
It will be interesting to see what plan B is. I know they were waiting on this decision so they could move on and offer some other kids, but this was big. This one stings. I hope he hates it and comes back.....at least he could have signed with Miles at CSU.......Go ahead homers, tell me that I should be supportive of the kid....we don't all have to agree on this. He is now just another kid who turned us down, therefore, I hope we play them down the road and run up the score. Too bad we won't play them when Winks is still around so he could dominate. The grass is always greener out of state, but not many kids turn out like Boschee at Kansas.

:banghead:
Wow, this is a bit shocking. I can't think of anything else NDSU could have done to get the kid to sign here. The relationship Austin had with Jason Kemp I thought would have sealed the deal.

Mr. Burgandy, I am with you on your opinion. Even though I am from Mr. Dufault's area, at this point I can't seem to cheer for the guy. Maybe this is a knee jerk reaction but that is how I feel. He had a great chance to stay home in ND and probably be a legend instead he chose Colorado.

NDSUstudent
10-15-2007, 02:55 AM

I'm with you Burgandy, would have been great to see this kid come to NDSU and do well but now he is just another player. Oh well, I'm sure he'll be watching NDSU in round 1 of the NCAA tourney next year thinking about what could have been.

tjbison
10-15-2007, 03:00 AM
I'm with you Burgandy, would have been great to see this kid come to NDSU and do well but now he is just another player. Oh well, I'm sure he'll be watching NDSU in round 1 of the NCAA tourney next year thinking about what could have been.

Sounds good to me!

BisBison
10-15-2007, 03:24 AM
This sucks :mad: The kids out west just don't get it.:banghead: :banghead: We need more TV coverage out here. It's starting this year, but we need it for bball too. Maybe then the rest of the state will realize what we've got going on at SU.

Thunder_Struck
10-15-2007, 03:25 AM
0 for 2 on the last two big prospects out of North Dakota. Need to catch a break with an in state kid.

Just look at football and NDSU's record of getting the top ND prospects the last few years.

ndsubison1
10-15-2007, 03:49 AM
He played some mind games with us after saying “There’s maybe one school which is slightly leading over the others.”

This one does hurt, but I guess life goes on. He'll be regretting it after NDSU is in the NCAA Tournament next year.

TheDoctor
10-15-2007, 05:26 AM
What a terrible decision! He could have been a part of something great. :banghead:

tony
10-15-2007, 09:50 AM
Uh, I'm not sure why people badmouth a kid for making a decision like that. I hope he does very well at Colorado and am glad he made his decision early so NDSU can move their focus elsewhere.

BisBison
10-15-2007, 12:22 PM
Uh, I'm not sure why people badmouth a kid for making a decision like that. I hope he does very well at Colorado and am glad he made his decision early so NDSU can move their focus elsewhere.

I didn't mean to badmouth him, and good luck to him by the way. From the article it sounds like he thought this out. My point is the kids out west just don't get it. This is NORTH DAKOTA State U for crying out loud. That doesn't seem to matter to them at all. We need more visibility out here. We play Kansas State, no TV, we play Marquette, no TV we go down to Florida this year, no TV that I'm aware of. Get these games shown on TV and the kids will notice.

BisBison
10-15-2007, 01:00 PM
Oh and one more thing. We've got to get something done regarding where the bball teams play. Either the dome or a renovated BSA. Just get it done now:ranting: :ranting: I'm sure the recruits see where they would play and that's got to enter into the decision.

lakesbison
10-15-2007, 01:16 PM
SON OF A B!@K#J!@#$( TCH!!

these western ND kids need to get their head outta their asses!!

Im dead serious, what a waste of INSTATE TALENT..

colorado.. what have THEY ever done in basketball?? seriously??

at least if he took NDSU to the NCAA's last year, HE'D BE A DIAPER DANDY with Dick Vitale...

now he will be on a 10-23 Colorado team, good choice.... psh...

realisttoo
10-15-2007, 01:26 PM
Absolutely amazed at some of the responses. Ripping a kid for going to a Big 12 program. I would guess if the Dufault kid wanted to read this board, he would probably think he has made the right decision. It doesn't take long for some of the "insiders" or bison "supporters" to turn on someone. Right now the Dufault kid realizes the only reason some of the posters on this board liked him is because he was considering NDSU. Now that he has chosen Colorado, he is a totally different person than everyone was complimenting to the n'th degree when he was considering NDSU??? My gosh, he is a high school senior who chose to go to a Big 12 program with an amazingly well respected coach. Kind of hard to criticize the young man when you look at it objectively, without the aid of green and gold glasses.

imabison
10-15-2007, 01:33 PM
Absolutely amazed at some of the responses. Ripping a kid for going to a Big 12 program. I would guess if the Dufault kid wanted to read this board, he would probably think he has made the right decision. It doesn't take long for some of the "insiders" or bison "supporters" to turn on someone. Right now the Dufault kid realizes the only reason some of the posters on this board liked him is because he was considering NDSU. Now that he has chosen Colorado, he is a totally different person than everyone was complimenting to the n'th degree when he was considering NDSU??? My gosh, he is a high school senior who chose to go to a Big 12 program with an amazingly well respected coach. Kind of hard to criticize the young man when you look at it objectively, without the aid of green and gold glasses.
You have to realize that Lakes is just no better than his post!!

Notorious
10-15-2007, 01:41 PM
When I was 18, had I been recruited by CU, and took a trip to Boulder, I think I would've enrolled that very day. What a great place to go to school.

On the flip side, he chose to be a small fish in a "huge" pond, rather than the alternative at SU. He will do just fine in Boulder, but he could've been a legend in ND.

Anyway, I'm disappointed, but obviously wish him the best and want him to be very successful.

Gully
10-15-2007, 01:43 PM

I think people are frustrated because some kids always think the grass is greener. He mentions going to a Big 12 school as a key reason. There you have it....it's the perception that it's that much better because it's big 12. I've gotta tell you, I don't think I've ever watched a Colorado BB game, they're not that well known for BB.

Good luck to the kid, I hope he has a nice career. We'll survive and prosper as always.

NDSUstudent
10-15-2007, 01:51 PM

What do you expect? Honestly, this kid is from ND and most of us are sick of watching all the talent leave. Sure going to Colorado and the Big 12 is great and if the kid wanted to be in the bigtime then great for him. He did keep NDSU in his top 2 so I'll give him respect for at least strongly considering NDSU but in the end he is just another player now. Say what you want about my green and gold glasses but I realize that NDSU has a good thing going and losing the little instate talent we have hurts. If NDSU is ever going to continue to be successful we have to get players like this. I'm glad people are frustrated that this kid went to Colorado, it beats people not caring and when that starts happening we will be in trouble.

lakesbison
10-15-2007, 02:13 PM
OH YEA>.. RIP ON LAKES>> BLA BLA BLA>>

LISTEN.. Im stating a fact, COLORADO SUCKS AT BASKETBALL.

PERIOD.. END OF STORY..

Wouldn't HE get more press going to the NCAA with NDSU 3 of 4 years ???

sad.

Blue
10-15-2007, 02:36 PM
Already counting your chicken's in two years before the eggs even hatch for the first year?

ndsubison1
10-15-2007, 02:45 PM
I respect his decision. He is a great talent and one of the best to come out of North Dakota. But in my opinion, why would anybody want to live in Boulder?

I think his decision is a little strange, NDSU is a better team then Colorado right now. I am pretty sure he would want to play in March Madness. Who has a better chance to make the big dance, NDSU in the Summit or Colorado in the Big 12... pretty obvious right there. NDSU's program is only going up. New arena coming in and everything.

Gully
10-15-2007, 03:08 PM
Maybe getting the new BB arena done will help in the future?

NDSUstudent
10-15-2007, 03:15 PM
Already counting your chicken's in two years before the eggs even hatch for the first year?

NDSU is built to win this year and next, after that is what worries me. So I do think NDSU will have a good shot at the big dance in 2008 but of course there will be some strong competition within the Summit.

realisttoo
10-15-2007, 03:18 PM
What do you expect? Honestly, this kid is from ND and most of us are sick of watching all the talent leave. Sure going to Colorado and the Big 12 is great and if the kid wanted to be in the bigtime then great for him. He did keep NDSU in his top 2 so I'll give him respect for at least strongly considering NDSU but in the end he is just another player now. Say what you want about my green and gold glasses but I realize that NDSU has a good thing going and losing the little instate talent we have hurts. If NDSU is ever going to continue to be successful we have to get players like this. I'm glad people are frustrated that this kid went to Colorado, it beats people not caring and when that starts happening we will be in trouble.

This particular post makes perfect sense. There is a big difference between being disappointed or "frustrated that this kid went to Colorado" as opposed to taking pot shots at an 18 year old basketball recruit! Emotions seem to get a little out of control at times and taking personal shots is a little over the line.

BlueKeyAlum
10-15-2007, 06:57 PM
Best of luck in Boulder, Austin.

79FCourt
10-15-2007, 09:02 PM
Does anyone have any insight on who "Plan B" might be?

TAILG8R
10-15-2007, 09:04 PM
Best of luck in Boulder, Austin.

I believe everyone should be wishing a ND kid well, no matter weer he goes.

Good luck Austin!

Bryan
10-15-2007, 11:28 PM
"But in my opinion, why would anybody want to live in Boulder"

I'm not going to comment on colorado as a basketball program although they have had more success than what lakes implies, the most when Chauncy Billups was running the show, but as a city and a place to go to college and live, Boulder, Colorado is one of the most beautiful places in the country.

SirHinn
10-15-2007, 11:42 PM
OH YEA>.. RIP ON LAKES>> BLA BLA BLA>>

LISTEN.. Im stating a fact, COLORADO SUCKS AT BASKETBALL.

PERIOD.. END OF STORY..

Wouldn't HE get more press going to the NCAA with NDSU 3 of 4 years ???

sad.

Since you claim Colorado is so horrible at basketball, why have they made it to the big dance 10 times?

Hate to see a kid of Austin's caliber leave the state of North Dakota, but isn't it better to support his decision instead of ripping it? Were you hating on the fact that Nick Jacobsen, Jeff Boschee, or even Tyler Koenig wanted to play outside of the state in a bigger atomsphere?

RedRiver
10-16-2007, 12:05 AM
He has made his decision and it doesn't include the Bison. So where does NDSU go now with that one scholarship? What if there are no HS seniors on the edge for the November signing period?

Does anyone know if NDSU will look to Travis Mertens of Devils Lake who is at Lake Region JC? All of the same skills as Dufalt but two inches shorter and would be a junior next year.

Tatanka
10-16-2007, 12:08 AM
"But in my opinion, why would anybody want to live in Boulder"

I'm not going to comment on colorado as a basketball program although they have had more success than what lakes implies, the most when Chauncy Billups was running the show, but as a city and a place to go to college and live, Boulder, Colorado is one of the most beautiful places in the country.
+ freaking +.

Best of luck, Austin...

Jdubs21
10-16-2007, 12:34 AM
good luck to u mr dufault

Bison_Pride
10-16-2007, 12:42 AM
Good luck Austin in Colorado.

I just read that the coaches have picked Colorado to finish last in the Big 12 this year, so it looks like they have a lot of work to do.

Hopefully things work out well for Austin and the Bison are able to use the scholarship to add a player who can help them make it to the big dance.

NDSUstudent
10-16-2007, 01:00 AM
Were you hating on the fact that Nick Jacobsen, Jeff Boschee, or even Tyler Koenig wanted to play outside of the state in a bigger atomsphere?

Its hard to hate on a player that chooses a DI school over a DII. With that said people shouldn't rip into the kid or hold a grudge. Being frustrated about the whole thing is fine but it isn't like he ever said NDSU was a lock or made any disrepectful comments about the school.

NDSUstudent
10-16-2007, 01:03 AM
This sucks :mad: The kids out west just don't get it.:banghead: :banghead: We need more TV coverage out here. It's starting this year, but we need it for bball too. Maybe then the rest of the state will realize what we've got going on at SU.

I think NDSU should play a game in Bismarck if need be. NDSU hoops is a good product and I think the people out west would fall in love with it if they had a chance to see it more. Hopefully, NDSU also steps up and gives the program the exposure and facilities it needs to keep all the top talent in state.

onbison09
10-16-2007, 01:12 AM
Ouch. That hurts.

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/myspaceicons31.gif

Love the family guy reference. Good luck to Austin. Could've been a star kid, coulda been a star.

heymch86
10-16-2007, 03:05 AM
Does anyone know if NDSU will look to Travis Mertens of Devils Lake who is at Lake Region JC? All of the same skills as Dufalt but two inches shorter and would be a junior next year.

UND wants him to play FOOTball. Lennon likes the kid a lot

SDbison
10-16-2007, 04:40 PM
Its hard to hate on a player that chooses a DI school over a DII. With that said people shouldn't rip into the kid or hold a grudge. Being frustrated about the whole thing is fine but it isn't like he ever said NDSU was a lock or made any disrepectful comments about the school.
Am I missing something here........NDSUstudent don't you know that NDSU IS DI?

NDSUstudent
10-16-2007, 05:16 PM
Am I missing something here........NDSUstudent don't you know that NDSU IS DI?

I was responding to a somebody asking why nobody hated on the players who went to DI in prior years. Boschee, Koenig, and Jocabson all chose DI schools over DII NDSU and you can't blame them for that. Of course things are different now that NDSU has a soild DI team in a conference. We gotta start getting some of these kids.

semobison
10-16-2007, 05:37 PM
Reading the first half dozen or so posts, in this thread almost made me throw up. Bashing a kid for choosing to go to Colorado. Come on people! We are not academicly or athleticly in the same class as Colorado. Boulder may be the prettiest college town in America! Lets see, Fargo, or Boulder? I love Fargo, and the Bison, but if I would have had a chance to go to Colorado, I would have been there in a heartbeat!

silkamilkamonico
10-16-2007, 06:00 PM
Lets see, Fargo, or Boulder? I love Fargo, and the Bison, but if I would have had a chance to go to Colorado, I would have been there in a heartbeat!

I agree. For a college town, and specifically recreational surroundings, Fargo doesn't even compare to Boulder.

BisonBlogger
10-16-2007, 06:08 PM
Semobison is exactly right. While NDSU's mens basketball program has made some waves, they are still way down in the pecking order for attracting blue chip recruits whether state recruits or not. There is not one current player on the roster that would not have taken a full ride had they been offerred by a high-major, high profile program.

Put yourself in their place. Deciding on a program that has a national TV contract, conference with potential 5 or 6 bids to the NCAA tournament, much more exposure for possible professional chance. Seems like a no brainer to me.

Only a few mid-major programs like Gonzaga, St. Josephs, Temple, Butler etc., have made the transition to where they may now be considered high-profile teams. NDSU can get close to that sometime in the future by being able to continue what they are doing and beat teams they were not supposed to and of course make some kind of impression on a regular basis in the "Big Dance".

On the positive side, there are always very good players that fall through the cracks that may time turn out to be just as good and sometimes better than the so called "Blue Chippers". Seems like our team is full of guys like that presently. Give Tim Miles his due for his recruiting the current roster. Saul and company will have to continue what was started with respect to scouting the right players.

bisonhusker
10-16-2007, 08:41 PM
One thing that bothers me about Bisonville is that people get critical of others for having differing opinions. Not everyone needs to drink the kool-aid. I don't think people were critical of the kid. Most people understand his decision, but would clearly prefer to us to finally land one of those kids. I feel worse for the fantastic coaching staff that we have, because I know how first class their recruiting process was, and how hard they work to keep a kid like this in North Dakota. Nobody worked harder than our staff to keep him in state. We just happened to run up against a ex NBA coach in a great cityin a better conference. Fancy campus or not, we don't all have to love a kid that leaves. Example, I didn't like Kleinsasser....then, he gets drafted by the Vikings and I love him. While I like this kid, it really sucks that we have now lost two big kids to other D1 programs in consecutive classes. I think it is now officially more important for our guys to make the dance to put us clearly on par with these other schools. Make NDSU the class of the Summit. A school that gets to the dance on a regular basis. It can happen.

SDbison
10-16-2007, 09:01 PM
One thing that bothers me about Bisonville is that people get critical of others for having differing opinions. Not everyone needs to drink the kool-aid. I don't think people were critical of the kid. Most people understand his decision, but would clearly prefer to us to finally land one of those kids. I feel worse for the fantastic coaching staff that we have, because I know how first class their recruiting process was, and how hard they work to keep a kid like this in North Dakota. Nobody worked harder than our staff to keep him in state. We just happened to run up against a ex NBA coach in a great cityin a better conference. Fancy campus or not, we don't all have to love a kid that leaves. Example, I didn't like Kleinsasser....then, he gets drafted by the Vikings and I love him. While I like this kid, it really sucks that we have now lost two big kids to other D1 programs in consecutive classes. I think it is now officially more important for our guys to make the dance to put us clearly on par with these other schools. Make NDSU the class of the Summit. A school that gets to the dance on a regular basis. It can happen.
Good post bisonhusker.......rep points for you!
If you are a Bison fan you should be disappointed the kid did not come to NDSU. I don't think you have to support the kid unless he is your relative, friend or from (or near) your hometown. Give it a break. He is from ND and he snubbed a pretty good DI team at NDSU. I just hope NDSU does better than Colorado in the upcoming years. That would mean kids in the future might see what they would miss out on.

SlickVic
10-16-2007, 09:11 PM

that new summit billboard they got is looking pretty pimp

SirHinn
10-16-2007, 09:32 PM
Good post bisonhusker.......rep points for you!
If you are a Bison fan you should be disappointed the kid did not come to NDSU. I don't think you have to support the kid unless he is your relative, friend or from (or near) your hometown. Give it a break. He is from ND and he snubbed a pretty good DI team at NDSU. I just hope NDSU does better than Colorado in the upcoming years. That would mean kids in the future might see what they would miss out on.

Shouldn't NDSU be happy Default even considered them in the first place here though? As good as NDSU was the last 2 years, all they've did so far is have a couple of big upsets. In order to get the solid 3 star recruits, they need to consistantly be good. Arizona State, Colorado, heck even Northern Iowa have been big time d 1 programs for several years. I don't get how you feel he snubbed NDSU either, it's not like he gave a verbal and backed out later on.

bisonhusker
10-16-2007, 09:51 PM
I don't think they snubbed NDSU, I just wish we were on the level to keep our high end in state kids. Could you imagine if Qvale and Dufault were headed to NDSU? Those are big kids. Who knows if they will pan out or not, but based on the offers they received, we were competing with some big schools. Sounds like Plan B is pretty impressive, so hopefully we will land some kids that really want to play on this team.

westriver bison
10-16-2007, 09:55 PM
Shouldn't NDSU be happy Default even considered them in the first place here though? As good as NDSU was the last 2 years, all they've did so far is have a couple of big upsets. In order to get the solid 3 star recruits, they need to consistantly be good. Arizona State, Colorado, heck even Northern Iowa have been big time d 1 programs for several years. I don't get how you feel he snubbed NDSU either, it's not like he gave a verbal and backed out later on.

I agree. For NDSU to be a finalist says a lot about our staff, and Default. The Big 12 is better than the Summit. Kansas, Okalahoma, Texas Tech, Texas, Ok State, KState, Iowa State, Baylor, Nebraska, and Texas A&M twice a year is pretty appealing. I think we were lucky to be a finalist in his mind.

tcbison
10-16-2007, 10:55 PM

I respectfully disagree. NDSU recruited Dufault very early on before Colorado, Arizona State, Northern Iowa, or anyone else for that matter even know he existed! If Austin wouldn't have had his AAU team advance to the finals this summer in Vegas, these schools would not have offered Austin and he would likely be a Bison. NDSU formed a relationship with Austin well before these other teams were calling. If you want reference check out http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/ under Dufault's success hurt NDSU.

bisonpride4ever
10-16-2007, 11:03 PM
Not that the Buffs are a basketball dynamo, but people say that Colorado has done nothing in basketball. Aside from a couple high profile wins, what has the Bison done in basketball? Yeah they are growing into a program, which when it started surprised every fan of NDSU (i'm sure no one thought we'd be this successful right of the bat). Colorado has made the tournement, they have sent players to the NBA notablly Chauncy Billups who has won titles and a finals MVP. I think he will be fine at Colorado. Especially since people think he would've been a legend at NDSU and people claim that we are a better program than Colorado's, He should be the second coming of Jesus at Colorado with that thinking. congrats Austin and good luck at Colorado.

onbison09
10-17-2007, 12:49 AM
I'm going to retract my knee-jerk pissed off (not at Austin necessarily, more bummed than anything) and simply say "Good luck Austin and I am now a Buffs basketball fan." (along with Colorado State)

bisonhusker
10-17-2007, 03:31 PM
Sounds like a bunch of people want to move to Boulder and root on the ND kid to me. Good for him, he is trying to compete at the highest level. Good luck to him. But, it still sucks that we are losing him to a different school. I get sick of people telling people how they should think about things. The people that didn't agree with everything were booted off Bisonville. I hate Colorado. It comes from my Nebraska ties. This just reiterates my feelings. I hope he comes back to NDSU down the road and leads us to the big dance. If not, plan B is already in force. Be patient. What time do a bunch of you want to go to Boulder to help this kid move in?

Notorious
10-17-2007, 03:46 PM
Rocky mountain high........

jackrabbit1979
10-17-2007, 04:23 PM
Sounds like a bunch of people want to move to Boulder and root on the ND kid to me. Good for him, he is trying to compete at the highest level. Good luck to him. But, it still sucks that we are losing him to a different school. I get sick of people telling people how they should think about things. The people that didn't agree with everything were booted off Bisonville. I hate Colorado. It comes from my Nebraska ties. This just reiterates my feelings. I hope he comes back to NDSU down the road and leads us to the big dance. If not, plan B is already in force. Be patient. What time do a bunch of you want to go to Boulder to help this kid move in?

Any insight to Plan B

SirHinn
10-17-2007, 04:59 PM

Sounds like some people are going to support his decision even though they may not agree with the school of his choosing. Kind of like you hope the kid does well up until the point where they are playing NDSU and then you just hope they beat the living snot out of them. Some people play it off like its the worst thing ever he choose a bigger program over NDSU too. It's tough to question his decision too with how effective he is be within their offense structure. In the end though if your really not atleast a little upset about the Bison losing a stud like this, what kind of fan are you?

Mr. Burgundy
10-17-2007, 10:04 PM
He was a big recruit to lose, but he was behind Tweidt, Carlson, and Winks on the depth chart. You have to give an in state kid the benefit of the doubt.

cabis
10-18-2007, 08:40 PM
This was a tough one to loose. To recruit succesfully and grow the program we have to start winning some of these battles with the "bigger" conferences. This is one that looked winable.
Hope plan B works out!

WestDakotaBison
10-19-2007, 04:38 AM
From what I understand he may have had a little man on his shoulder whispering suggestions into his ear. Rumor is that his dad, also his high school coach, played a big role in him choosing the "national spotlight" over NDSU. Seems to me that he may have a hard time with the physicallity of the "big leagues." He would have fit better into the Bison scheme of run and gun. Either way, it's our loss and Colorado's gain. Good luck to him.

Mr. Burgundy
10-19-2007, 12:02 PM
From what I understand, alot of things were in our favor including Jason Kemp and Travis Kraft. Kraft's situation out of high school was very similar. I am not sure what the high school coach was saying.

sambini
03-16-2008, 04:51 AM
Congrats on being named Mr. Basketball++

Mr. Burgundy
03-16-2008, 03:42 PM
Would have been nice if he could have taken his team to State. I would have liked to have watched him play.

Bison101
03-16-2008, 09:54 PM
I respect his decision. He is a great talent and one of the best to come out of North Dakota. But in my opinion, why would anybody want to live in Boulder?

I think his decision is a little strange, NDSU is a better team then Colorado right now. I am pretty sure he would want to play in March Madness. Who has a better chance to make the big dance, NDSU in the Summit or Colorado in the Big 12... pretty obvious right there. NDSU's program is only going up. New arena coming in and everything.

Yeah, besides the Big 12 part, what's so attractive about Colorado? :confused:

silkamilkamonico
03-17-2008, 12:13 AM
Yeah, besides the Big 12 part, what's so attractive about Colorado? :confused:

Beautiful campus in a beautiful part of the country are starters, not to mention the weather is so much more mild then it is here in the summer and winter.

Basketball wise it's irrelevant, but for a kid spending his next 4 years in college, it can play a big part.

wilson
03-17-2008, 04:45 AM
Talking with some fans at the BBall tourney (yay Grafton!), I have heard some not so nice things about Mr. Dufault. Then he won Mr. Basketball, and some of the things I heard about his sportsmanship this year makes you wonder how he won.

WePharm
03-17-2008, 02:30 PM
I've heard just the opposite and that is from another Mr. Basketball candidate who said he deserves the award.

bisonhusker
03-17-2008, 02:43 PM
Can someone please post his stats from the State tourney? Thanks. I tried to watch most of the games, but I must have missed him.

tcbison
03-17-2008, 02:45 PM
Can someone please post his stats from the State tourney? Thanks. I tried to watch most of the games, but I must have missed him.

Austin Dufault didn't make the state tournament. Mott-Regent knocked them out in the first game of the Regionals.

lakesbison
03-17-2008, 02:55 PM
tcbison--u just been HOOKED...... PRICELESS HUSKER................. *hehe* it'll be a fun 4 years watching Miles kick his team's ass.

CaBisonFan
03-30-2008, 07:26 PM
0 for 2 on the last two big prospects out of North Dakota. Need to catch a break with an in state kid.

Just look at football and NDSU's record of getting the top ND prospects the last few years.

I agree...and I also think that the departure of 'Miles' hasn't helped this particular situation.