PDA

View Full Version : Sue experience

walknroehl
10-14-2007, 09:38 PM
I had a friend who is a Sioux fan invite me to ride along to the Sue-NBO game as he had an extra ticket. I laughed at him at first but then thought what the heck. I've never been to the tin bin, the Bison are out of town with no video feed, and my pheasant hunt fell thru.

It was very surreal. I decided not to wear my new joe mays jersey.:) I found myself holding back smiles when they screwed up at first but I realized towards the end that I'd rather see a team from ND win over a team from NB so it was unfortunate that they lost.

A few thoughts:

The tin bin is no FFD but it doesn't have a bad seat in it (albeit the seats are small and chincy)

It was a sellout.

It was loud.

Chappell is quick but undersized.

Their defense is porous

Their QB couldn't hold Walker's jockstrap. He immediately focuses on his primary reciever and apparently has no check-downs.

I can't wait to clean my conscience next weekend!

Gully
10-14-2007, 09:54 PM
I had a friend who is a Sioux fan invite me to ride along to the Sue-NBO game as he had an extra ticket. I laughed at him at first but then thought what the heck. I've never been to the tin bin, the Bison are out of town with no video feed, and my pheasant hunt fell thru.

It was very surreal. I decided not to wear my new joe mays jersey.:) I found myself holding back smiles when they screwed up at first but I realized towards the end that I'd rather see a team from ND win over a team from NB so it was unfortunate that they lost.

A few thoughts:

The tin bin is no FFD but it doesn't have a bad seat in it (albeit the seats are small and chincy)

It was a sellout.

It was loud.

Their defense is porous

Their QB couldn't hold Walker's jockstrap. He immediately focuses on his primary reciever and apparently has no check-downs.

11,000 and change is a sellout?

TheBisonator
10-14-2007, 11:10 PM
11,000 and change is a sellout?

11,563 is at least 800 short of a sellout (depending on who you ask).

bisoneer
10-15-2007, 04:17 AM

A few thoughts:

It was a sellout.

It was loud.

Their defense is porous

This is what happens when you play a competetive team, your weakpoints come out like a sore thumb. The GF press have PHDs in covering this stuff up and the team thinks they have no weaknesses. I saw some highlites and the und qb looks average at best, on most of his key completions he was just throwing up a prayer and thanks to good recievers they caught the balls.

bincitysioux
10-15-2007, 04:51 AM

Yep, you're right, although I was surprised to hear it. It looked like the place was as full as I've seen it.

Notorious
10-15-2007, 02:06 PM
First time that I had a chance to see the Sioux..... I thought they played hard and did well. The Alerus was full and seemed like a good energetic crowd. It's too bad the Sioux lost. I would like to see them do well.

With that said, and while I'm no expert(Lakes), I do have a bit of knowledge when it comes to football and judging talent. The Sioux are a very good DII team; however, comparing them to the Bison is more than a stretch. The difference in talent is vast. There are very few Sioux that would touch the field for the Bison. Chapel may get a few touches, and Dressler would make a good partner for Shamen.

I honestly believe the Bison would beat the Sioux by 40+ points, and wouldn't allow them to score much, if at all.

This is not smack, it is my honest assessment of the differences in talent level. Maybe it is not fair judging the Sioux based on one game, but that is my take.

I'd be interested in others' opinions.

Gully
10-15-2007, 03:10 PM

Ok, I didn't realize their shed was that little...I was thinking more like 13,000 and change.

Bison bison
10-15-2007, 03:12 PM
I watched some of the highlights last night.

Dressler is extremely talented, after that.....

Chapell is good, but that is due in part to a strong o-line.

NDSU v UND

Look at what McNeill did to UND. Imagine Roehl, Paschall, and Blincoe. NDSU would easily have over 200 yards rushing. Cover Dressler and UND has next to no offense.
I'd say Bison by 21.