PDA

View Full Version : What's with Sam Houston State?

CaBisonFan
10-14-2007, 08:31 PM
Has Bomar been hurt? Other injuries? They've lost a ton of games, with low scores. That doesn't sound like the team that we saw. Or were we just that bad on defense that night?

tjbison
10-14-2007, 08:56 PM
sounds like the only impressive game for Bomar was the NDSU game, pretty hard for one guy to carry the entire team for a whole season. I still say he was the best QB we'll see this year and maybe for 10 years!

CaBisonFan
10-14-2007, 09:09 PM
sounds like the only impressive game for Bomar was the NDSU game, pretty hard for one guy to carry the entire team for a whole season. I still say he was the best QB we'll see this year and maybe for 10 years!

I would agree. You're probably right. And other teams got a chance to study the films from here, and come up with a way to stop the one-man show.

tjbison
10-14-2007, 09:20 PM
Lots of talk about him and the rest of the team on Katfans.com, i've been following them as I thought they would be a team in the playoffs. Most of the fans seem to think Bomar has kinda laid low after the NDSU and OSU games, knowing he is the only playmaker on the team. Its pretty harsh for SHSU fans to think that, but I agree. He plays his a** of up here only to lose because the D is horrible. Without Bomar SHSU wouldn't have a win this year.

HerdBot
10-14-2007, 10:23 PM
Has Bomar been hurt? Other injuries? They've lost a ton of games, with low scores. That doesn't sound like the team that we saw. Or were we just that bad on defense that night?

They lost to McNeese by 10 on the road. McNeese is pretty good. THey are ranked in the top ten.

I don't think SHSU is too good to begin with and I think they played out of their minds against us. You've gotta remember, teams have our name circled on the schedule now. By losing to us in such a dramatic fashion may have destroyed them. It's one of those games that kind of rips your heart out if you lose. It doesn't help to take on Oklahoma State the next week before kicking off your conference schedule.

tjbison
10-14-2007, 10:29 PM
They lost to McNeese by 10 on the road. McNeese is pretty good. THey are ranked in the top ten.

I don't think SHSU is too good to begin with and I think they played out of their minds against us. You've gotta remember, teams have our name circled on the schedule now. By losing to us in such a dramatic fashion may have destroyed them. It's one of those games that kind of rips your heart out if you lose. It doesn't help to take on Oklahoma State the next week before kicking off your conference schedule.

True but I just read on the SHSU message board that Bomar was in a Fight with their coach at the Mcneese game over a punt, and a SHSU player actually punched Bomar because of it:smh: , also sounds like Bomars Dad is trying to tell the coaching staff how to run the program, guess he has a bigger head than I thought!

onbison09
10-14-2007, 10:33 PM
Rhett is probably used to being on a winning team (where did he go to high school?) and having things his way. It's also gotta be frusturating to lose each week. Rhett almost won the NDSU game by himself. Unfortunate for Bomar hopefully he can turn it around.

tjbison
10-15-2007, 12:59 AM
Rhett is probably used to being on a winning team (where did he go to high school?) and having things his way. It's also gotta be frusturating to lose each week. Rhett almost won the NDSU game by himself. Unfortunate for Bomar hopefully he can turn it around.

He was in High school in Grand Prairie, TX don't know anything about the football program there, but coming from TX there nust some tradition for winning

BisonSig
10-15-2007, 02:39 AM
He was in High school in Grand Prairie, TX don't know anything about the football program there, but coming from TX there nust some tradition for winning

Ummm, if every team in Texas has some tradition for winning, who do they play that loses? :hide:

tjbison
10-15-2007, 02:55 AM
Ummm, if every team in Texas has some tradition for winning, who do they play that loses? :hide:

I don't think I said they were never beaten, but a quality player like Bomar doesn't just attend your run of mill High school in Texas, right?? Its just my opinion that his HS had some "football Tradition"