PDA

View Full Version : It's Gopher Week!

pwbnd
10-13-2007, 09:51 PM
This is the week we've all been looking foward to...even though the gophers are down this year, this is our playoffs and title shot all wrapped up in one week.

Let's go Bison!

TheDoctor
10-13-2007, 10:03 PM
Minneapolis Here We Come! ;)

chuckles
10-13-2007, 11:11 PM
The March IS on!!!!!!

4mcruenomore
10-13-2007, 11:13 PM
I am so nervous, I've never been to the MetroDome before.
No, I'm not a hick, but I've been to the Twin Cities once in my whole life, we just always go west. I know Denver like crazy. I'm so jacked up, can't wait!!!!!!!!!Got great tickets, got good rooms, GO BISON!

TheBisonator
10-13-2007, 11:27 PM
I am so nervous, I've never been to the MetroDome before.

Believe me, you haven't missed anything.

When you go there, you will honestly think the Fargodome is better.

Alabama Bison
10-14-2007, 12:47 AM
The Dome isn't great but as a Vikings and Twins fan the place holds alot of great memories. Lets add one more this Saturday. Not to say it shouldn't be blown up and turned into a parking garage.

WildBill
10-14-2007, 12:53 AM
Believe me, you haven't missed anything.

When you go there, you will honestly think the Fargodome is better.

LMAO! Any dome is a bad place for football

Jdubs21
10-14-2007, 12:56 AM
i've waited 358 days for this!!! :D

TheBisonator
10-14-2007, 12:58 AM
LMAO! Any dome is a bad place for football

Yeah, but the Fargodome is a lot better looking than the Metrodump.

NDSUFREAK
10-14-2007, 01:01 AM
i hate the ffd2 bathrooms...

BigDeal
10-14-2007, 01:05 AM
i hate the ffd2 bathrooms...

I swear fathers with little kids are attracted to me when I'm using the bathrooms. Little Billy always ends up standing next to me looking over.

CaBisonFan
10-14-2007, 01:07 AM
This is the week we've all been looking foward to...even though the gophers are down this year, this is our playoffs and title shot all wrapped up in one week.

Let's go Bison!

I'm in a cold sweat just thinking about it. Seriously

Think I'll call in sick for the week and get prepared.

THEsocalledfan
10-14-2007, 01:39 AM
I'm in a cold sweat just thinking about it. Seriously

Think I'll call in sick for the week and get prepared.

Are you flying in from CA?

HerdBot
10-14-2007, 01:47 AM

Let's go Bison!

We seem to be healthy except for depth at cornerback, which has been an issue since day one. Our starters were so good against a weak opponent that we didn't punt so we're sharp. We got our backups a lot of reps too. This should be a good game. The Gophers looked sharp on offense.

THEsocalledfan
10-14-2007, 01:50 AM
We seem to be healthy except for depth at cornerback, which has been an issue since day one. Our starters were so good against a weak opponent that we didn't punt so we're sharp. We got our backups a lot of reps too. This should be a good game. The Gophers looked sharp on offense.

The Gopher's doing well on offense is what worries me. Sounds like their QB had a pretty good game. I am I the only one worried about the NDSU pass defence? Seems like the one weak point on the team to me....

onbison09
10-14-2007, 02:06 AM
This our destiny. Our time. This is what have looked forward to the whole year. Let's kick some ass.

Mr. Burgundy
10-14-2007, 02:38 AM
After the HUGE road win today, I am worried about an emotional letdown. I am concerned that the Bison faithful won't travel to Minneapolis, leaning on TV to watch the Herd. I am concerned the players will be looking past the one win Gophers toward the conference battle against Southern Utah. I am also concerned about coach Bohl....he doesn't seem very focused lately. Am I totally off base? Do you really think the players have been thinking about this game for about a year? Do the kids from Minneapolis want to play against a school that didn't recruit them? Does Bohl want a bigtime job? Maybe....I might be totally off base. I bet there will be about 13,000 fans at the Fargodome South....maybe a couple hundred Bison fans will be there...mostly parents who live in Minneapolis. I will probably listen to the game while doing yard work, maybe go to Home Depot....see how much time I have. Good Luck Bison. I just don't see the hype about this game. Feel free to correct me.

bisoneer
10-14-2007, 02:49 AM
There will be lots of us there!! Go Bison!!!!!!!!!!!

No_Skill
10-14-2007, 02:53 AM
After the HUGE road win today, I am worried about an emotional letdown. I am concerned that the Bison faithful won't travel to Minneapolis, leaning on TV to watch the Herd. I am concerned the players will be looking past the one win Gophers toward the conference battle against Southern Utah. I am also concerned about coach Bohl....he doesn't seem very focused lately. Am I totally off base? Do you really think the players have been thinking about this game for about a year? Do the kids from Minneapolis want to play against a school that didn't recruit them? Does Bohl want a bigtime job? Maybe....I might be totally off base. I bet there will be about 13,000 fans at the Fargodome South....maybe a couple hundred Bison fans will be there...mostly parents who live in Minneapolis. I will probably listen to the game while doing yard work, maybe go to Home Depot....see how much time I have. Good Luck Bison. I just don't see the hype about this game. Feel free to correct me.

I see where you're coming from Burg. With the lackluster performance of the Gophers this season, is a win really worth anything? I only hope that Bohl can keep the guys focused enough so we don't look past them going into the meat of our conference schedule.

Hammersmith
10-14-2007, 02:54 AM

I'm sensing great sarcasm.

56BISON73
10-14-2007, 03:08 AM

I dont see it as a huge win as it was expected so I dont see a let down as this game really wasnt a rivalry or a battle.
I dont see HOW you could think they would look past the Gophers to SUU. Sorry Iam truely baffled by that train of thought and the rest of your post as you are all over the place. ???????? PL

jeffdaryl3rd
10-14-2007, 03:09 AM
I am not worried about a letdown. Remember, the starters were only in for basically the first half and they are going to be fresh, confident and ready to get out and get after it. Last year NDSU outplayed a superior Minnesota team and should have won. This year NDSU comes in as the better team and they are going to put it on Minnesota.

NDSUstudent
10-14-2007, 03:12 AM

http://img110.exs.cx/img110/5761/sarcasm_meter.gif

bisoneer
10-14-2007, 03:37 AM
Before last year, when was the last time we played the gophs if ever and who won, also, have we ever beat em?

Gully
10-14-2007, 03:44 AM
I dont see it as a huge win as it was expected so I dont see a let down as this game really wasnt a rivalry or a battle.
I dont see HOW you could think they would look past the Gophers to SUU. Sorry Iam truely baffled by that train of thought and the rest of your post as you are all over the place. ???????? PL

I think Mr. Burgandy is being a smart ars...either that or he stopped taking his meds again. :D :D

56BISON73
10-14-2007, 03:52 AM
I think Mr. Burgandy is being a smart ars...either that or he stopped taking his meds again. :D :D

:D After going back I now detect the folly in his post.:D PL

Mr. Burgundy
10-14-2007, 04:00 AM
Next time I will dumb down the sarcasm to make sure everyone on the board can follow me. Clearly this is the biggest game in YEARS. Congrats to the staff for making sure we came into this game undefeated. Their focus has been amazing. Lets keep this season going. What a run. I hope the Vikings dominate the Babich lead Bears tomorrow. I want to read the Chicago Sun Times on Monday and see how the Bears were "Punched in the mouth." (You have to have the Babich accent to make it funny). Again, if you read my prior post and did not see the sarcasm, well.....I apologize. Someone needed to liven up lovefest on Bisonville.

99Bison
10-14-2007, 04:05 AM
So is Fargo-Moorhead and half the rest of the state going to be shutting it down on monday and mailing it in the rest of the week like again - just like last year?

No_Skill
10-14-2007, 04:07 AM
Next time I will dumb down the sarcasm to make sure everyone on the board can follow me. Clearly this is the biggest game in YEARS. Congrats to the staff for making sure we came into this game undefeated. Their focus has been amazing. Lets keep this season going. What a run. I hope the Vikings dominate the Babich lead Bears tomorrow. I want to read the Chicago Sun Times on Monday and see how the Bears were "Punched in the mouth." (You have to have the Babich accent to make it funny). Again, if you read my prior post and did not see the sarcasm, well.....I apologize. Someone needed to liven up lovefest on Bisonville.

I was with ya the whole way. Great minds think alike. :D

Trim
10-14-2007, 04:21 AM
So is Fargo-Moorhead and half the rest of the state going to be shutting it down on monday and mailing it in the rest of the week like again - just like last year?

Yeah 99 - I was VERY unproductive at work last year during Gopher week - thanks in large part to this board.

Speaking of work - only four days this week - head to Minneopolis Friday morning!!!

"Let's Go Bison!"

56BISON73
10-14-2007, 04:37 AM
We are heading up Thursday in the am. Will stay with friends in Prior Lake. Then on Friday make the the move to the Depot. PL

chuckles
10-14-2007, 05:13 AM
has anyone herd if there are any pregame events going on around the FM area this week???? Last year they had the peprally/send off at Scheel's on Friday before the team left. Should do somthing to fire up the locals who aren't fortunate enough to get to Fargodome South....its bad enough its only on the BigTen network, how many ppl in Fargo get that!...........gheeze!

SDbison
10-14-2007, 05:34 AM
You guys don't know how much this is killing me hearing about everyones plans to head to Minneapolis for the BIG game this week. I will be happy and proud of my daughter and her husband when they take their vows this coming Saturday in Sioux Falls, but part of my heart will also be in Minneapolis at the Metrodome with the rest of you and the Bison team. All I can say is GO BISON.......represent NDSU, the State of ND, and all of NDSU's Alumni and friends exceptionally well. One request, everyone cheer and yell a little bit extra for me. I will hopefully be able to watch most of the first half in a bar a few blocks from the church before going to take pictures as the wedding is at 3:00 PM. Wow, October 20th, 2007 will be a BIG day. I just hope I will be able to make it to the end of the wedding without being emotionally spent. I might need to have an ambulance waiting outside the church.
P.S.: Wherever you sit, I expect each and everyone of you to take the initiative and lead your section in the, "Lets Go Bison" clap clap...clap clap clap, cheer. I want to hear it so loud on the TV that I know my presence wasn't missed. Lets make it happen Bison nation!

99Bison
10-14-2007, 06:48 AM
has anyone herd if there are any pregame events going on around the FM area this week???? Last year they had the peprally/send off at Scheel's on Friday before the team left. Should do somthing to fire up the locals who aren't fortunate enough to get to Fargodome South....its bad enough its only on the BigTen network, how many ppl in Fargo get that!...........gheeze!

The pep-rally is at Scheels again, starting 11AM on Friday.

WYOBISONMAN
10-14-2007, 07:08 AM
You guys don't know how much this is killing me hearing about everyones plans to head to Minneapolis for the BIG game this week. I will be happy and proud of my daughter and her husband when they take their vows this coming Saturday in Sioux Falls, but part of my heart will also be in Minneapolis at the Metrodome with the rest of you and the Bison team. All I can say is GO BISON.......represent NDSU, the State of ND, and all of NDSU's Alumni and friends exceptionally well. One request, everyone cheer and yell a little bit extra for me. I will hopefully be able to watch most of the first half in a bar a few blocks from the church before going to take pictures as the wedding is at 3:00 PM. Wow, October 20th, 2007 will be a BIG day. I just hope I will be able to make it to the end of the wedding without being emotionally spent. I might need to have an ambulance waiting outside the church.
P.S.: Wherever you sit, I expect each and everyone of you to take the initiative and lead your section in the, "Lets Go Bison" clap clap...clap clap clap, cheer. I want to hear it so loud on the TV that I know my presence wasn't missed. Lets make it happen Bison nation!

SD.......I will drink a beer for you!

bisondad
10-14-2007, 01:57 PM
Me too!!!!!!!!!!

No_Skill
10-14-2007, 02:32 PM

Look on the bright side...if we win, it'll make remembering their anniversary date easier. :D :D :D

Gully
10-14-2007, 02:33 PM
Me too!!!!!!!!!!

I'll drink "a couple 13-14 for ya"

Bisonguy
10-14-2007, 03:54 PM
Rep points for SDBison- now you're at two dots!!

Bisonguy- upping people's rep status like no other....

SDbison
10-14-2007, 04:07 PM
Rep points for SDBison- now you're at two dots!!

Bisonguy- upping people's rep status like no other....

Can I give you rep points for giving me rep points to get me to the next level? :hide: Just kidding!
Question, how do I check my rep point status, not within a post because I have figured that one out, but overall ?

Bisonguy
10-14-2007, 04:16 PM
Can I give you rep points for giving me rep points to get me to the next level? :hide: Just kidding!
Question, how do I check my rep point status, not within a post because I have figured that one out, but overall ?

Click on the 'User CP' link right below the Bisonville logo That will show you total rep points, and who has given you rep points. Total rep points will be in the upper right corner of the rep point display.

BisonNeil
10-14-2007, 05:22 PM

Drago actually punted twice. One was a 56 yarder, I think, the other was 34 yds when he was trying to hit a coffin corner. Phil gave him hell for missing that one, said if he was going to be in the NFL he would have to make those.

SlickVic
10-14-2007, 06:20 PM

if you don't have to be at the wedding until 3 your fine man i don't know what your crying about you'll miss the second half it's an 11 am kick off...anyways tho my boy joe lardinois had a pretty sweet quote in mcfeelys column today

"there's a lot of hype. a lot of hype. it's been a year of festering in our minds and in the pit of our stomachs...it's about time we get back out there with them again."

my oh my #54 is the man

KC Bison
10-14-2007, 09:04 PM
Clear off I-35, we're coming up from Kansas City Friday night. This is the most exciting game ever for the Bison.

Bison"FANatic"
10-15-2007, 03:23 PM

SD I hope you have as good of memories with this wedding as I did with mine. We got married took limos to the Bar and we were able to catch the last part of the NDSU win over Montana. Oh what a day. I thought the father of the bride would have more pull though than to let her get married on this date though!!!!! We will all do some chearing for ya so you can be rest assured that you will be represented in spirit!!!!!!

SlickVic
10-15-2007, 08:23 PM
SD will be able to catch the whole win...this isn't baseball the game will not take 5 hours and quite honestly the bison should have the game won by mid 3rd quarter...hopefully whatever bar he plans on catching it at has the big ten network

SDbison
10-15-2007, 10:06 PM
SD will be able to catch the whole win...this isn't baseball the game will not take 5 hours and quite honestly the bison should have the game won by mid 3rd quarter...hopefully whatever bar he plans on catching it at has the big ten network
Got the bar arrangements made and even have another bar accross the street as a back up. Both have Big Ten Network and both are within 5 minutes of the church. The only problem I have is the game starts at 11:00, pictures are at 1:00 and the wedding is at 3:00. I will have to leave at halftime to go take pictures and will come back to watch most of the second half (will probably miss the first 10 minutes of the second half). I just hope the game ends by 2:30 so I can watch it to the end.

onbison09
10-16-2007, 12:56 AM
The BTN games so far this year have ended around 2:30. What a you worried about? It's just your daughter's wedding. JK Dang Gopher week makes it hard to do your homework!! If I suck on my English assignment I'm holding Bisonville responsible.