PDA

View Full Version : Will You Be There on Halloween????

TheDoctor
10-11-2007, 04:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_iB9qF_hts ;)

roadwarrior
10-11-2007, 01:12 PM
Thanks for the reminder of last season! Those pics from Marquette were especially sweet. By far, the best game played by the Bison all year! And the pics from the BSA show that when we have over 6000 rocking fans even that place can be fun.

ndsubison1
10-11-2007, 04:51 PM
awesome video! And yes, I will be there!

TheDoctor
10-11-2007, 08:44 PM
awesome video! And yes, I will be there!

See you there! ;)

roadwarrior
10-24-2007, 03:08 PM
Only one week from tonight!

BisonVifte
10-24-2007, 03:29 PM
I already have my season tickets.

roadwarrior
10-28-2007, 06:38 PM
It's almost time for the 2007-08 season to begin! Let's get out to the BSA to support Saul and the Bison.

ndsubison1
10-28-2007, 11:11 PM
Can't wait for the season. Can't wait to see some quality opponents play in the BSA, especially Colorado St.

lakesbison
10-31-2007, 10:39 PM
Ill Be There!

Jdubs21
10-31-2007, 11:48 PM
count me in

Herd
11-01-2007, 01:05 AM
In his first minute of play as a Bison, Freddie C. had a dunk on his first shot, a beautiful dish to Winks for a layup, and he took a charge. Not too shabby!

onbison09
11-01-2007, 01:50 AM
How was the game?

BisonVifte
11-01-2007, 02:32 AM
Woody tweeked a knee late in the first half, came out to start the second, but came out was in sweats with ice on both knees for the rest of the game. The bench played most of the second half. Was not the best played game. Probably because of all the young guys rotating in and out.

Herd
11-01-2007, 02:33 AM
Winks Nelson and Sam had solid games, with Coleman, Pennick and Carlson contributing well off the bench. Tveidt had and off night shooting the ball, but I expect that he will bounce back and score next time out (at least I hope so). We need 10+ each night out from him.

Woody took a knee to the leg, and sat out most of the 2nd half. We need him injury free to start the season. He walked off the court twice tonight with a limp, not a good sign.

Carlson has too much game to reshirt, but we'll see what happens. He looks very good and would get significant minutes IMO this year. Tonight he looked like the 2nd year guy compared to Tveidt, but its just one game. Eric made a spin move in the lane that was awesome.

The defensive presence was lacking tonight, but its an exhibition and the crowd was sparce. Luc's game tonight left something to be desired, as we need him to be more of an offensive threat, which he was not tonight. As long as he's healthy, I think that will come. Tonight he looked out of sync.

NDSUstudent
11-01-2007, 02:47 AM
How was the game?

If we would have played Florida tonight they would have ran us out of the gym. That said I did see a lot of things I liked especially Carlson and Coleman. Freddy is the athlete everyone thought he was but he is also agressive and with somebody that has his athletic ability that is a huge plus. Carlson seemed pretty loose as well and even though I think he could use a year off to get stronger he could potentially contribute now.

As for the rest of the squad, Nelson and Winks looked like they were in midseason form. Woody had some ankle/knee issues, I don't think it is anything serious but still not something you want to see. Pennick was his typical lock down defense eratic shot self. Tviedt looked tenative, he moves and passes well just needs confidence. Vaughan hit a three and looks to be more agressive. Lucas looked like a guy coming off a knee injury and Sammy is still a bit raw. Eventually one of the three(Luc, Sam, or Tviedt) will need to step up and do something in the paint.

The best thing I saw is that this team has some depth and that should pay off huge down the stretch. Also keep in mind this was just the first game, a lot can and will change.

ndsubison1
11-01-2007, 06:44 AM
I was very impressed by Freddy Coleman, that dunk was sick. Also, agreed on Eric Carlson, I dont think he should redshirt, will be very valuable coming off the bench. I know it was just an exhibition game but I think this is where NDSU will really miss Andre Smith. At times tonight they went on mini droughts and no one really took control when they got off to a slow start with Woodside, Nelson, Winklemann, and Moorman not doing much right away. This is where Andre will be missed dearly for his ability to score and control the game.

tony
11-01-2007, 08:00 AM
There are some highlights on WDAY.com (28:00 into the 10pm broadcast).

bisonhusker
11-01-2007, 08:06 PM
I wasn't able to be at the game last night, but there isn't much info on the game in Bisonville. Considering our PG has an injury, I am disappointed with the lack of info available.

BisonBlogger
11-01-2007, 08:44 PM
Every Mens D1 Basketball program in the country would get newspaper coverage for exhibition games. Basketball fans want to know about how the new players did. How the returning players look this season. People are wild about NCAA basketball.

Opps, not the Fargo Forum.

They forgot we are D1 now. The are stuck in the nobody cares mentality of D2 basketball.

What a joke.

Bison bison
11-01-2007, 09:17 PM
What's the problem?

There was a big article in the print edition.

roadwarrior
11-01-2007, 09:49 PM
Yes the Forum did a good job covering this game.

BisonBlogger
11-01-2007, 10:02 PM
I apologize to those that get the print edition. I read it online. Nothing online about the game.

NDSUstudent
11-01-2007, 10:04 PM
I don't know what happend with the Forum. They had their usual preview of the article up but never updated it to the full version. I don't get the print version so I was frustrated as well.

Herd
11-01-2007, 11:11 PM
Redshirting Carlson could significantly hurt the depth on the team. I have mixed feelings but I think he needs to play. Carlson and Winleman would be great interchangalbe parts at the 3 and provide good scoring punch. Last night I saw the start of a great bison career with Carlson.

As for a defensive presence, I think we will miss Andre less when Zo is ready to go. Zo, along with Luc give us more of a defensive presence than I saw last night. Tveidt doesn't give you the physical defense (at least not yet) that Andre provided, but Zo will definitely help.

When Tveidt gets the offense going though, lights out. Man, is Nelson butter from the arc or what! Keep it up Mike!

BisonVifte
11-01-2007, 11:38 PM
Winks seemed much stronger going to the hoop. Looks like the off season work is going to payoff.

Bison bison
11-02-2007, 01:22 AM
The Forum tends to omit an occasional sports story every now and then.

I wonder if the motive isn't to encourage people to subscribe.

Bisonguy
11-02-2007, 01:53 AM
The Forum tends to omit an occasional sports story every now and then.

I wonder if the motive isn't to encourage people to subscribe.

Seeing as how you can subscribe to an electronic version of the print edition, in one word, yes.

http://www.theforumplus.com/