PDA

View Full Version : Sporting News on Coach Bohl

username
10-10-2007, 07:17 PM
Middle to 2/3 of the way down . . .

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=287800

Scooter1
10-10-2007, 07:28 PM
Nice, but who the heck would leave a good situation for a crap shoot like Colorado St or N Illinois? Those two programs would not be my first choice.

BisonBlitz
10-10-2007, 07:31 PM
I would be so upset if he left us for NIU or CSU...or anyone really for that matter. However, I really couldn't fault him if he left us for a BCS team (wasnt mentioned though).

X-Factor
10-10-2007, 07:47 PM
Bohl's position here has got to be way better than either NIU or CSU. Not necessarily in pay, but that isn't everything.

jeffdaryl3rd
10-10-2007, 07:48 PM
He'd be crazy to leave for a non- bcs.

TheBisonator
10-10-2007, 08:21 PM
I could see him leaving for a place like Iowa State or Missouri, but not Colorado State or Northern Illinois.

SlickVic
10-10-2007, 08:22 PM
northern ill or colorado state have no chance at him...the program im worried about grabbing him is iowa...my oh my have things gone down hill for ferentz and company...what have they lost 9 or 10 straight big 10 games? if they don't reach a bowl this season which they probably won't, they should fire ferentz, and i think bohls their boy

SUfan23
10-10-2007, 08:35 PM
Anyone who thinks Iowa should dump Ferentz is crazy! Look at what he's done since he inherited that program. His record speaks for itself. They were average last year (injuries got 'em) and they're struggling a bit this year. Everybody is entitled to one off year, especially in a game like football. Is bad year worth canning a coach and taking 3-4 years to rebuild? Case in point, Iowa State....Syracuse.....Notre Dame

56BISON73
10-10-2007, 08:57 PM
northern ill or colorado state have no chance at him...the program im worried about grabbing him is iowa...my oh my have things gone down hill for ferentz and company...what have they lost 9 or 10 straight big 10 games? if they don't reach a bowl this season which they probably won't, they should fire ferentz, and i think bohls their boy

Slick Iowa just signed him to a contract extension worth millions. Iowa is having a down year and its not due to the coaching. They have an outstanding D but the O really sucks as most are Sophs. PL

SlickVic
10-10-2007, 09:05 PM
Anyone who thinks Iowa should dump Ferentz is crazy! Look at what he's done since he inherited that program. His record speaks for itself. They were average last year (injuries got 'em) and they're struggling a bit this year. Everybody is entitled to one off year, especially in a game like football. Is bad year worth canning a coach and taking 3-4 years to rebuild? Case in point, Iowa State....Syracuse.....Notre Dame

his record speaks for itself...34-32 career in the big 10...15-15 OVERALL in his last 2+ seasons...ferentz has always been over rated...yeah he put together 3 DECENT seasons but there was nothing special about any of those teams and he has shared a couple of big 10 titles this decade but so has illinois, northwestern and purdue...he's well on his way to back to back losing seasons and other then his 02-04 teams which were OK, the rest of his squads have been just pathetic...call me crazy but i'd fire ferentz after his 4th losing season in 9 years

IowaBisonToo
10-10-2007, 09:21 PM
I'd have to agree with Vic on this one. Ferentz should have taken an NFL job when he had the chance. Not that he still couldn't get one but, it would be harder. Yes, Iowa did sign him to an extended contract, however, Iowa is not like the U of M and will hang onto a coach just because they have him under contract. There are a lot more boosters willing to help buy out his contract in Iowa than there were in MN for Mason.

With all that said, I'd think there would have to be one hell of an offer at a pretty prominent school before Bohl left. I'd say he'll stay one more year at least to see if he can win it all next year (or at least see how far he can take them into the playoffs).

56BISON73
10-10-2007, 09:46 PM
The people of Iowa love Ferentz. Plus the fans know that better days are ahead. You said that "there ARE" alot more boosters willing to buy out his contract." How do you know this?????

As far as NFL opportunities go it wouldnt be any harder now than it would have been a few years ago.
PL

OldBison
10-10-2007, 11:09 PM
Middle to 2/3 of the way down . . .

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=287800

You are a day late and a dollar short man, this article was already posted yesterday on page 3 of Bohl needs a raise.

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10840&page=3

westriver bison
10-10-2007, 11:45 PM
Nice, but who the heck would leave a good situation for a crap shoot like Colorado St or N Illinois? Those two programs would not be my first choice.

Tim Miles:hide:

Bisonguy
10-11-2007, 12:32 AM
Tim Miles:hide:

Tim might be a good example of why Bohl won't take an offer like that. Time will tell and hopefully he does well, but this season......

Mr. Burgundy
10-11-2007, 01:05 AM
Tim more than tripled his salary and has HUGE financial opportunities if they make the dance and make a run. He lives in a wonderful city and is very happy....how is that a bad move? CSU is a great school. It will take him a few years, but he has the support of the admin. I agree that Bohl had a better resume than Tim ever did, but to laugh at the jump that Tim made is silly. I firmly believe he leaves after NEXT year giving him one opportunity to win a national championship.

Bison bison
10-11-2007, 01:47 AM
basketball is a very different beast.

westriver bison
10-11-2007, 02:03 AM
Tim more than tripled his salary and has HUGE financial opportunities if they make the dance and make a run. He lives in a wonderful city and is very happy....how is that a bad move? CSU is a great school. It will take him a few years, but he has the support of the admin. I agree that Bohl had a better resume than Tim ever did, but to laugh at the jump that Tim made is silly. I firmly believe he leaves after NEXT year giving him one opportunity to win a national championship.

Not laughing at Tim or saying it was a bad move. Just responding to Scooters question. Bohl would probably do the same thing. I couldn't blame him.

KC_Hats
10-11-2007, 02:43 AM
Nebraska might need a new head coach if Callahan keeps things going the way they are. Coach Bohl is 10 times the coach that Callahan is. Bohl's west coast offense is way better than Callahan's and the defense at NDSU is a way better scheme than what Nebraska is running. The fans want to run Callahan out of town.

onbison09
10-11-2007, 02:54 AM
I will feel no ill will towards coach when he leaves. I will feel no ill will towards coach when he leaves. Repeat as neccessary. No seriously whatever he decides to do his next team will be my favorite team.

HerdBot
10-11-2007, 03:53 AM

Making the jump to a big school makes sense but losing coach Bohl to a program that's arguably worse than NDSU for more money is unacceptable. I can deal with it for basketball but this is BISON FOOTBALL! It's the backbone of the school and the main attraction. I know we don't have the resourses just yet but I hope we can pull this off and hang on to the coach because we are going to be a contender next year and have our best team ever. His value as a recruiter is huge too.

Why is UND consistantly so good? Dale Lennon is a constant.

SlickVic
10-11-2007, 07:34 PM
Nebraska might need a new head coach if Callahan keeps things going the way they are. Coach Bohl is 10 times the coach that Callahan is. Bohl's west coast offense is way better than Callahan's and the defense at NDSU is a way better scheme than what Nebraska is running. The fans want to run Callahan out of town.

those same "fans" ran bohl out of town as well...people think solich threw him under the bus but bohl was responsible for that "blackshirts" defense that got lit up bad in colorado 62-36 but still somehow got to play for the title and then got embarrased against miami in the rose bowl...the following year his defense got burned bad in happy valley thanks to LJ and company 40-7 on there way to a 7-7 season and thats when solich shipped him off, hired bo pelini, went 10-3 and then solich himself got canned...callahan is a joke, always has been...i was just shocked when he got inked to that sweet new deal