PDA

View Full Version : Dufault down to 3 schools (NDSU)will decide in next few days

OnTheFifty
10-10-2007, 02:30 AM
per this update from DevilsDigest.com:

The 6-8 210 Killdeer (N.D.) standout has decided not to take any more visits and make his commitment known in the next few days.

“I will decide by the end of this week,” he told DevilsDigest.com on Monday night. “I decided not to visit Minnesota, so I’m going to decide between Colorado, Arizona State and North Dakota State.”

As usual, Dufault was tight-lipped about which school he favors, but sated that: “There’s maybe one school which is slightly leading over the others.”

Jdubs21
10-10-2007, 11:30 AM
im crossing my fingers and saying my prayers.....Good luck with your decision Mr. Dufault!

BlueKeyAlum
10-10-2007, 12:35 PM
IT would be SWEET to see him in green and gold. Good luck with the recruitment process.

Bison bison
10-10-2007, 01:41 PM
While the decision on where to attend school is difficult, and even more complex for student athletes, there is something to be said for playing close to home. In this particular case:

at ASU or Colorado, Dufault could be a great player, at NDSU he could be a legend.

lakesbison
10-10-2007, 03:45 PM
WILL YOU BE HERE? mr. Dufault??

can someone put some of those signs outside his home? or his block? ha ha.

WYOBISONMAN
10-10-2007, 04:27 PM
I want this kid in GREEN and GOLD!!

NorCalJack
10-11-2007, 07:22 PM
For your sake, I hope Dufanlt selects NDSU. I know some people may question why a rival (SDSU fan) would want their school to land a player of Dufaults ability, but I think what makes NDSU stronger, will eventually make SDSU and the Summit League stronger.

The other reason I want him to attend NDSU, is because I hope he does not go to Colorado. I have a story about one of their recruits, Cory Higgins. Cory Higgins is the son of Rod Higgins, former guard for the Bulls during Jordan era. Rod Higgins was also part of the front office for the Golden State Warriors, until recently. I live in Northern Cal and Cory Higgins attended the local high school, Monte Vista. Cory started at Monte Vista since he was a Sophmore, but I always thought he was soft and not a very vocal leader. He was an alright player, but there were other players on the team that he more ability. The head coach was talking to the team one day and was complaining about meddling parents and how they should just mind there own business and the coaches decide how much playing time they get, not the parents. Well Mrs. Higgins finds out about this and confronts the coach. Eventually they decided to pull Cory out of school and let him finish his high school career at a basketball academy in Florida. Basically they don't have to study, just play ball and pass your ACT so you can get a scholarship. I thought that was very petty of the Higgins family to just throw in the towel with Cory and leave the team in a lurch. Monte Vista went on to win the North Coast Sectional Championship, the first time the school had ever won the NCS, and they did it dispite the vindictive nature of the Higgins family.

I just wanted to pass this info. on, I know this thread is about Dufault, but I hope he does his due diligence and looks into this a bit. I'm sure Mr. Higgins had something to do with Cory getting an offer at Colorado, and I'm sure that he will be talking to the coach about getting playing time for Cory. I think Rod Higgins left the Warriors and went to work for the Phoenix Suns, who just hired Steve Kerr (another former Bull). Mr. Higgins has some influence in the NBA and can make some promises to college coaches in an attempt to get more playing time for Cory.

Sorry about the length, but again just wanted to pass along some info. about one of the members of the Colorado roster. Dufault may think it would be cool to play with Higgins, the son of a former NBA player and friend of Michael Jordan. But trust me, Mr. Higgins is looking out for Cory and if had to talk to the coach to ensure that Cory got playing time over Dufault, he would do it in a heart beat. For Dufault, it would be better to be the man at NDSU, than to be a pawn in a policial game with the Higgins family.

Go State!!!:) :) :)

OnTheFifty
10-12-2007, 12:14 AM
Fresh news....He still says he will decide this weekend! Same three schools.

imabison
10-12-2007, 01:57 PM
Fresh news....He still says he will decide this weekend! Same three schools.
Stay at home young man, stay at home.

Jdubs21
10-12-2007, 02:08 PM
I cant take the suspense...cant he just sign with the bison already haha,,,,when does everyone think he'll sign?

imabison
10-12-2007, 03:08 PM
I cant take the suspense...cant he just sign with the bison already haha,,,,when does everyone think he'll sign?
Thoughts last evening were that Arizona State was out, but Colorado was putting on heavy pressure. And of course NDSU is keeping close contact.

Jdubs21
10-12-2007, 03:55 PM
well atleast we have a 50% chance than, i hope its more than that cuz i'd love to see this kid in green and gold!!!

tcbison
10-12-2007, 03:58 PM
I am quite surprised that Colorado State never got in the mix for Dufault. IMHO I thought Arizona State had a better chance at landing Dufault than Colorado did.

realisttoo
10-12-2007, 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by Jdubs21
"I cant take the suspense...cant he just sign with the bison already haha,,,,when does everyone think he'll sign?"

During the signing period in November. He may commit before that though!

Jdubs21
10-13-2007, 01:44 AM
Originally Posted by Jdubs21
"I cant take the suspense...cant he just sign with the bison already haha,,,,when does everyone think he'll sign?"

During the signing period in November. He may commit before that though!

Commit/Sign kinda the same thing.....i'd jsut like some sort of verbal soon

onbison09
10-13-2007, 02:10 AM
Good luck in whatever decision you make. But I would suggest NDSU:D !

Mr. Burgundy
10-13-2007, 12:53 PM
Colorado vs NDSU....decision on Sunday. Pray for the kid. Make the CORRECT decision!!!! The coaches have done EVERYTHING POSSIBLE to keep this kid in state. Best of luck.

Gully
10-13-2007, 01:57 PM
He has a bright future whatever he decides but I sure hope he chooses NDSU. With the new arena looking promising and the new conference we could have a serious shot at qualifying for the big dance.

tony
10-13-2007, 02:13 PM
I am quite surprised that Colorado State never got in the mix for Dufault. IMHO I thought Arizona State had a better chance at landing Dufault than Colorado did.

Yeah, me too. Colorado? I thought for sure that Arizona State was going to be the big competitor.

bisonranch
10-13-2007, 02:22 PM
It would be cool to have a North Dakota kid lead North Dakota State to the playoffs. That's probably a good possibility in the Summit League. Big 12 is a tough league.

Gully
10-13-2007, 02:31 PM
Colorado isn't exactly known for it's basketball program so I would think we have a decent shot at Dufault. Stay tuned!

mn-bison
10-13-2007, 03:47 PM
Not to down play his BB skills, but maybe the telling tale of all of this hoopla is which school has the better acedemic program in his educational interest... In the big picture, this should have more weight than who has the better BB program. Any word on his educational interest???

SirHinn
10-13-2007, 04:29 PM
Colorado isn't exactly known for it's basketball program so I would think we have a decent shot at Dufault. Stay tuned!

No they aren't but their program is certainly on the up and up after their latest coaching hire.

Gully
10-13-2007, 04:54 PM
No they aren't but their program is certainly on the up and up after their latest coaching hire.

Who is that?

silkamilkamonico
10-13-2007, 06:25 PM
Who is that?

Jeff Bzdelik who came over from Air Force. He's a great hire for a program trying to rebuild itself, and he's well respected among virtually every circle in all of college basketball.

The Big 12 has a lot of good young coaches, and I think it needs them to get some stability back into the conference.

Mr. Burgundy
10-14-2007, 01:03 AM
Noboby has been to Kildeer like our coaches. Lets hope they get the good news tomorrow. Colorado has a great campus and is in the Big 12....the parents want him in Fargo!

Notorious
10-14-2007, 02:40 PM
Noboby has been to Kildeer like our coaches. Lets hope they get the good news tomorrow. Colorado has a great campus and is in the Big 12....the parents want him in Fargo!

Typical Fargo Elitist.....can't even spell Killdeer correctly. I'm sure Mr. Dufault would be impressed.

Gully
10-14-2007, 04:20 PM
When he decides how will word get out? I doubt our coaches can comment on it but I guess the press can if they here the news. Sure would be nice to see Mr. Dufault in the new Fargodome basketball arena.

onbison09
10-14-2007, 08:57 PM
When is the official decision date?

Mr. Burgundy
10-14-2007, 09:06 PM
He told the coaches he would let them know today. I can't tell you how big this would be for us. I personally think it would be really nice for Saul and staff to land a big recruit to start his/their career at NDSU. Good Luck.

JackJD
10-14-2007, 10:34 PM
.........Well? Nobody willing to at least start a rumor?

ndsubison1
10-15-2007, 01:18 AM
it would prolly be on www.northdakotapreps.com but the site is down

gopherz
10-17-2007, 06:29 PM
He committed to Colorado.

gopherz
10-17-2007, 06:30 PM
Oops didn't see there was already another post about it, my bad. In the meantime, Ralph Sampson III is very close to committing to the Gophers, would be a huge get to go along with Colton Iverson. GO TUBBY SMITH!!

Gully
10-19-2007, 09:23 PM
Oops didn't see there was already another post about it, my bad. In the meantime, Ralph Sampson III is very close to committing to the Gophers, would be a huge get to go along with Colton Iverson. GO TUBBY SMITH!!

hey gopherz...you're spending a lot of time over here and you're more than welcome but I just wanted you to know there is some room left on the NDSU Bison bandwagon.

TheDoctor
10-21-2007, 04:37 AM
Gully....................be careful. ;)

lakesbison
10-25-2007, 01:34 AM
LIKE DUBAY (PUFFY) on KFAN said when I was having my NDSU/GOPHS smack talk with him.... said...

its hard NOT to be mutual fans with NDSU & UMINN..... so I'll take all the goph fans we can take over here.

just gotta BEAT THEM IN BASKETBALL NOW!!

CaBisonFan
10-29-2007, 03:07 AM
per this update from DevilsDigest.com:

The 6-8 210 Killdeer (N.D.) standout has decided not to take any more visits and make his commitment known in the next few days.

“I will decide by the end of this week,” he told DevilsDigest.com on Monday night. “I decided not to visit Minnesota, so I’m going to decide between Colorado, Arizona State and North Dakota State.”

As usual, Dufault was tight-lipped about which school he favors, but sated that: “There’s maybe one school which is slightly leading over the others.”

I went to graduate school at Arizona State. It's a great university, but for his sake, I hope he doesn't play there. Something always seems to go wrong with the program. They also have some real powerhouses to contend with. ASU has been one of the medium to low programs...but rumor has it that they're looking better.

WYOBISONMAN
10-29-2007, 02:09 PM

It is going to be interesting to see what Tubby does with the Gophers. I would suspect Tubby will have much more success that punky has.

bisonhusker
10-29-2007, 04:10 PM
Landing Ralph Samson III was a pretty solid start for Tubby, from what I heard, it could be a ranked recruiting class for Minnesota. Pretty impressive.

Ricky Bobby
10-29-2007, 04:24 PM
This is the year to beat the gohpers then. In coming years it could be tough.

roadwarrior
10-29-2007, 07:42 PM
This thread has run its course.......