PDA

View Full Version : Chappell to NDSU?

runtheoption
10-09-2007, 11:48 AM
Rumor making the rounds in Bismarck has UND's Ryan Chappell making the move to NDSU after this season. He does not want to be in play-off hell for his last two years at UND. He is obviously a stud, and would be successful at the FCS level.

I question the validity of this because he would only get 1 year to play, after sitting out the one-year after transferring. Or did he play as a true frosh and could use the one-year as a red-shirt year? I guess I don't know his background well-enough nor understand the transfer rules that well either.

Bison Dan
10-09-2007, 12:04 PM
Rumor making the rounds in Bismarck has UND's Ryan Chappell making the move to NDSU after this season. He does not want to be in play-off hell for his last two years at UND. He is obviously a stud, and would be successful at the FCS level.

I question the validity of this because he would only get 1 year to play, after sitting out the one-year after transferring. Or did he play as a true frosh and could use the one-year as a red-shirt year? I guess I don't know his background well-enough nor understand the transfer rules that well either.

Hell'va rumor! He did red shirt already.

BisBison
10-09-2007, 12:14 PM
Rumor making the rounds in Bismarck .

Haven't heard that one. I'll keep my ears open. But I somehow doubt it. We're pretty deep right now at RB why would he want to come here?

Bison_Pride
10-09-2007, 12:19 PM
I'd doubt it, he's from Grand Forks. Why would rumors come out of Bismarck? He's a great athlete, he's got a shot at the HOF at UND.

Bison bison
10-09-2007, 12:24 PM
sounds like a 1 lb. package of oscar meyer bologna to me

Jim Puetz
10-09-2007, 01:10 PM
I doubt NDSU would even be interested in him.

HerdBot
10-09-2007, 01:36 PM
That's gotta be garbage. Either way, as deep as we are at running back, he'd be our 3rd stringer next year ahead of Blincoe. 2nd stringer at best. If he had started at NDSU and learned the system, he could be either the starter or splitting time with Roehl and we wouldn't have had to go out and get Paschall. I'd have a tough time putting him ahead of Paschall given he has 2 more years of eligibility and has shown some ridiculous skill thus far. Roehl is on pace to break Jeff Bentrims all time TD record and IMHO, has a shot to play in the NFL. He reminds me of a really fast Mike Allstot with more moves and better running ability. Although I've never seen Allstot run 30 yeards untouched.

roper1313
10-09-2007, 01:43 PM
Hard to believe. If Chappell stays at UND and keeps producing the way he has he'll get a look from some NFL teams.

Trim
10-09-2007, 03:00 PM
Roehl is on pace to break Jeff Bentrims all time TD record and IMHO, has a shot to play in the NFL.

Single season maybe.

bisonmike2
10-09-2007, 03:04 PM

i think we'd be interested if this was legit. the kids got speed and you can't coach that. having him and shamen returning kick offs, that would be pretty cool. the rumor is bunk. wouldn't he have to sit out a year for transfering up a division?

brewcityboy
10-09-2007, 04:54 PM

I wouldnt go that far lol..From what ive seen from the UND show, he's got great vison,speed and good agility. He would definately get tick here.

lakesbison
10-09-2007, 04:57 PM
I SMELL... BS.... freakin posers...

runtheoption
10-09-2007, 06:01 PM
I SMELL... BS.... freakin posers...

I hope that was not directed at me. Like I said, its just a rumor and interesting one to discuss. Leave it to you to put out the "anything to do with UND is BS" spin. Just so you know Lakes, I graduated from and played FB at NDSU for one year, so don't think I am some troll trying to get a rise out people. If you to want to start flaming, send me a PM.

Kyle Kemmet
NDSU '98

lakesbison
10-09-2007, 06:03 PM
It wasnt' directed AT YOU persay....

its just that ANY talk about a team or player there.that we havent played in 5 years and probably for 15-20 more isn't warranted in my opinion....

Im just throwing that out there... ha ha.. see ya at tailgate K.K.

runtheoption
10-09-2007, 06:21 PM
C'mon Lakes, you've got to give the kid some credit. He is having a very good year, and to dismiss this just because he is *gasp* a UND player, is silly.

This has nothing to do with us playing UND again in 5 years, 10 years or ever again. It has to do with a very good fb player that may (or may not be) considering a transfer to NDSU.

NDSU1980
10-09-2007, 06:24 PM
I highly doubt there is anything to this. BTW, didn't we look at Chappell when he was finishing high school and weren't impressed enough to offer a scholarship? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Bison Dan
10-09-2007, 06:25 PM
C'mon Lakes, you've got to give the kid some credit. He is having a very good year, and to dismiss this just because he is *gasp* a UND player, is silly.

This has nothing to do with us playing UND again in 5 years, 10 years or ever again. It has to do with a very good fb player that may (or may not be) considering a transfer to NDSU.

I hope not for the sake of Sioux fans - I think a few would commit suicide.

BisonBlitz
10-09-2007, 06:34 PM

TO say he's having very good year could even be an understatement. Put your UND Biases aside and realize that this kid has a legit shot at breaking the D2 rushing record this season as a true sophomore! (Also might have a shot at all-purpose yards I'm not sure) If NDSU had Chappell and Dressler we'd be that much of a better team. I'm not going to say we don't want them or would be better without them just because they go to UND! They're amazing players!

While I highly doubt this would ever happen, it would be awesome (for us) if it did.

Bisonguy
10-09-2007, 07:07 PM
I highly doubt there is anything to this. BTW, didn't we look at Chappell when he was finishing high school and weren't impressed enough to offer a scholarship? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

His athletic ability was not an issue.

NDSU1980
10-09-2007, 08:41 PM
His athletic ability was not an issue.

In other words, he wasn't smart enough to make D1 eligibility?

NDSUFREAK
10-09-2007, 09:14 PM
id take every RB that we have right now rather than chappell.besdies, we do have too many RBs for him to come in. shame he has to go through the transition hell....

NDSUstudent
10-09-2007, 09:23 PM
Chappel? I'll take Tyler Roehl as our feature back any day of the week, if he keeps it up I could definately seem him playing on Sundays. Bohl was just raving about his blocking abilities on his show and we all know how great of receiver and runner he is.

bisoneer
10-10-2007, 03:37 AM
I'll eat a buffalo chip if this happens, hes a gf boy and he would get hurt in our league, hes not as tough as Steffes was or Rohl is.

UTH
10-10-2007, 03:49 AM
I'll eat a buffalo chip if this happens, hes a gf boy and he would get hurt in our league, hes not as tough as Steffes was or Rohl is.

Yeah, and Mertens too.

X-Factor
10-10-2007, 04:22 AM
If Chappel actually wanted to transfer I doubt he would tell ANYONE about it until after the season. I couldn't imagine my teammates finding out about this mid season if I was him.