PDA

View Full Version : Asked to Sitdown

Former Hitman
10-08-2007, 02:51 PM
I had given my normal tickets over to my niece this homecoming game and I sat by my lonesome in a different section and to my suprised I was asked to sit down and the request wasn't polite so he could see the game.

Well, I bit my my tongue for one series but let the individual know I was going to stand and cheer for my team. Also, letting him know I was a former player and had the right to do so.

I know this has been going on but never had experienced personally. It's too bad...

I had apologized to the people around me for my little outburst, but I was extremely suprised

Thanks for listening since I had to get this off my chest.

OldBison
10-08-2007, 03:10 PM
I had given my normal tickets over to my niece this homecoming game and I sat by my lonesome in a different section and to my suprised I was asked to sit down and the request wasn't polite so he could see the game.

Well, I bit my my tongue for one series but let the individual know I was going to stand and cheer for my team. Also, letting him know I was a former player and had the right to do so.

I know this has been going on but never had experienced personally. It's too bad...

I had apologized to the people around me for my little outburst, but I was extremely suprised

If you are only standing during great plays, or when we need to support the D for a big stop, and getting up for TDs, then that fan has no complaints. This used to happen to me, but I have told my neighbors many times: "This isn't church and it's not the opera, it's a football game. If you aren't going to stand up and cheer once in a while, stay home and listen to it on the radio so your seat can be used by a real fan."

I haven't been bothered for years, knock on wood...

Bison bison
10-08-2007, 03:10 PM
It's bad enough to feel awkward when standing at a game, to get 'talked to' is completely ridiculous.

TAILG8R
10-08-2007, 03:14 PM
It looks as though Gophers fans deal with the same crap.

Gopher Board (http://p218.ezboard.com/fthehole84398frm7.showMessage?topicID=19673.topic&index=6)

On a brighter note, I brought my brother and his son to the game this weekend. They had a great time, and he bought all of us some NDSU swag. It was great watching my son show his cousin what to do during kickoffs and 3rd downs etc. Great, great stuff.

UTH
10-08-2007, 03:51 PM
Hopefully the noise and crowds of the FFD will eventually push the bluehairs out. So long as the FFD consistently sells out I anticipate that a culture of actual participation by the fans grow over time. In the meantime,

Down up front!!!
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/indio_rojas/Supersizeme.jpg

Bison"FANatic"
10-08-2007, 03:57 PM
I sat next to a older couple who was capable of standing but chose not to. I knew it was going to be interesting when they sit down next to us and pull out the ear plugs and say "I don't want to here the announcer" laugh and in go the ear plugs. Then the gentleman in front of them is a good loud supportive fan. They complained everytime he stood up. Then when he sat down the old guy would lean forward and clap right behind his head. They had even snuck in two small bottles of water for each of them to drink to cheap to buy it at the dome and support the event center. Oh ya they were out of there as soon as the 3rd quarter was done. I will give them the benefit of the doubt maybe they had some drinking to do:D :D

Bisonfan1
10-08-2007, 04:53 PM
Turned the tables, the bluehairs behind me did the famous tap on the shoulder and asked me to sit down, told them to stand, "sorry but this is a football game" I replied, everyone was up for a big defensive 3rd down by the way. I went and reported THEM to SECURITY before the social eventers could report us. Security guy behind us was real decent about it as I explained we are only standing on the critical downs and he could see that. No further problems until one of our group was taken out for being intimidating to the people in front of him "GIVE ME A BREAK" Thats what started the "way to go security, clap clap way to go security clap clap" Ok, I admit that was'nt too classy at all and should'nt happen again, however am getting real tired of this bulls&#! every game. I am going to bring a bottle of pepto and rolaids for the stoned face security guy in front of us on the field who stared and glared the entire game at us "for cheering the team" you want to talk intimidating, that was sure it. I really think the cheer team enjoyed our participation when they were in front of us for the first time this year.

Time for a concentrated cheer section for whomever wants to be there, why are they putting the blue hairs and the living dead plum in the middle of section's 20 and 21 with the bad boys and girls club and the #1 enemy of the FargDome anyway. Come on NDSU step up to the plate.

Herd Mentality
10-08-2007, 04:57 PM
Just remember, you can be talked to but they can't technically remove you. If you feel you're only standing on critical plays, I'd just ignore whoever is behind you.

We could put some bluehairs behind this guy...

http://dehoff.smugmug.com/photos/205022547-M.jpg

SDbison
10-08-2007, 05:05 PM
What do you guys expect. You are in the Fargodome. Home of the most sterile environment in college football. I am really sick an tired of seeing 70% on their a$$es for all but the kickoffs. The worst part is their pathetic view that since they are in the majority that is how all fans should act.
BTW, the pissed off looking security guard in the white shirt in front of Section 21.........was he that unhappy with TransAm or did he just have a bad case of hemmoroids?
Have to love all the true fans........the majority......probably ones who sit all the time.......decided it was best to leave at the start of the 4th quarter. Were there even 3000 fans in the entire dome when the game ended?

SDbison
10-08-2007, 05:06 PM
Just remember, you can be talked to but they can't technically remove you. If you feel you're only standing on critical plays, I'd just ignore whoever is behind you.

We could put some bluehairs behind this guy...

http://dehoff.smugmug.com/photos/205022547-M.jpg
I think I know that guy..........

tcbison
10-08-2007, 05:11 PM
I am starting to wonder what NDSU "fans" expect or what they want to see. When NDSU beat SFA by 9 everyone seemed to complain because it should have been a blowout. Then, the UC Davis game comes along and it is a blowout and everyone leaves early...

SDbison
10-08-2007, 05:21 PM
I am starting to wonder what NDSU "fans" expect or what they want to see. When NDSU beat SFA by 9 everyone seemed to complain because it should have been a blowout. Then, the UC Davis game comes along and it is a blowout and everyone leaves early...
The problem is that most of the people at NDSU football games are not real "fans". They want to be able to say they were there (hoping nobody asks them if it was for the entire game).

No_Skill
10-08-2007, 05:23 PM
I was there the entire game and I cheered the entire game. I've given up complaining about "the others".

SDbison
10-08-2007, 05:26 PM
I was there the entire game and I cheered the entire game. I've given up complaining about "the others".
This is what is wrong though. The worthless fans are so huge in numbers they have brought everyone down with them.......oh WTF.....I give up too.

Bisonfan1
10-08-2007, 05:42 PM

Ill buy that, however it works both ways, we have no right to tell someone that they should be up and cheering, "except the PA guy" and these idiots have no right to be tapping us on the shoulder telling us to get down and stop cheering. ATTN: Head of TEAM MAKERS and BISON TICKET OFFICE I know you can do some steering of sections and I believe that it would'nt be violating some sort of policy. If the living dead were told you are SITTING in a "cheering section" I would sure assume that they would want to be placed elsewhere, just as if some of us were told you will be sitting with living dead and blue hairs we would ask to be placed elsewhere.

Designated cheer sections please - END OF PROBLEM.

TransAmBison
10-08-2007, 05:44 PM
Yeah, I broke a rule. I'm a bad boy. I pleaded with the front three rows to make some kind of noise. They did not have to stand. I asked for something, anything, even a little golf clap. The guy in front of me, a guy in his 40's or so told me, "I am a man. You can't tell me what to do. To show you, I will not cheer the whole game. So there."

First off, if you have to tell me you are a man...

Second, I tried to apologize to the guy and have a friendly conversation and say that I was just asking for a little support for the team, just like the announcer. He would have none of it, and again informed me that he was a man.

Security on the ground showed me that they were watching me. I knew where I stood so I decided to see what they would actually say. I continued to beg the front three rows for a little support, and was led out. I was told that I was "intimidating every single person" in the three rows, and that they all were afraid of me. Anybody that knows me, or even sees me would know how ridiculous that statement is. I am many things, but intimidating I am not.

Anyway, besides the sour security guy on the ground the rest were really cool. When led out and spoken to I was informed that they did not care what happened, blah, blah, blah. I stuck to "Yes sir" and "No sir" as my only responses. I was told not to address the front three rows, but other than that cheer however I want. He stressed a couple times, if I follow those rules he can do nothing to me.

I will say it one more time, I have no problem with security. They were cool to me. I would have liked them to be more willing to listen, but that is what it is.

My only problem is with the living dead. Asking people to clap is now being a troublemaker? C'mon, that's silly. People at a football game should be making some noise. I feel no sympathy for them. Don't care if I get flamed for it. Sure they don't have to stand, but they can clap.

I know I can't do anything again. I used my one get out of jail free card. I've spoken my peace.

Tatanka
10-08-2007, 06:12 PM
I think you just intimidated me into giving you rep points. :hide:

Just don't hurt me!!! :D

twowheels
10-08-2007, 06:19 PM
This is what is wrong though. The worthless fans are so huge in numbers they have brought everyone down with them.......oh WTF.....I give up too.

Age wise I sit right in the middle of the "blue hairs" and the "students". When I first started coming to these games there was not near the number of "true fans" in attendance, the"student" section was seldom full and there were always quit a few "blue hairs". Noise level - NOT. All is changing in HUGE leaps. I often stand when others near me do not, yelled when others near me do not. But even if they don't stand and yell, the rest of the place is rocking, rocking so loud it can be heard for miles. And, when 4th quarter came with CD and the "student" section cleared out, when the "blue hairs" started making their way out I stayed and I yelled. It is nice to be a "baby boomer", I can let it fly and not get criticized about it.

OldBison
10-08-2007, 06:53 PM
Yeah, I broke a rule. I'm a bad boy. I pleaded with the front three rows to make some kind of noise. They did not have to stand. I asked for something, anything, even a little golf clap. The guy in front of me, a guy in his 40's or so told me, "I am a man. You can't tell me what to do. To show you, I will not cheer the whole game. So there."

Second, I tried to apologize to the guy and have a friendly conversation and say that I was just asking for a little support for the team, just like the announcer. He would have none of it, and again informed me that he was a man.

Security on the ground showed me that they were watching me. I knew where I stood so I decided to see what they would actually say. I continued to beg the front three rows for a little support, and was led out. I was told that I was "intimidating every single person" in the three rows, and that they all were afraid of me. Anybody that knows me, or even sees me would know how ridiculous that statement is. I am many things, but intimidating I am not.

Anyway, besides the sour security guy on the ground the rest were really cool. When led out and spoken to I was informed that they did not care what happened, blah, blah, blah. I stuck to "Yes sir" and "No sir" as my only responses. I was told not to address the front three rows, but other than that cheer however I want. He stressed a couple times, if I follow those rules he can do nothing to me.

I will say it one more time, I have no problem with security. They were cool to me. I would have liked them to be more willing to listen, but that is what it is.

My only problem is with the living dead. Asking people to clap is now being a troublemaker? C'mon, that's silly. People at a football game should be making some noise. I feel no sympathy for them. Don't care if I get flamed for it. Sure they don't have to stand, but they can clap.

I know I can't do anything again. I used my one get out of jail free card. I've spoken my peace.

I definitely have a problem with people who tell me to sit down and try to prevent me from standing up during big plays and important downs. However, I must confess I don't understand why any of you think it is a duty to cheer and, worse yet, your duty to get them to cheer.

Bison football isn't just for those who cheer and yell for their team. Some fans want to sit and enjoy the game and be quiet. So what? ALL football teams, from the NFL down to F-M Athletics have those type of fans. Just deal with it. The dome has been loud enough, Lardinois said it got his blood boiling. Do we fans who want to yell really have to look down our noses at those fans who pay money to support the team and do so quietly?

NDSUguy
10-08-2007, 07:07 PM
I definitely have a problem with people who tell me to sit down and try to prevent me from standing up during big plays and important downs. However, I must confess I don't understand why any of you think it is a duty to cheer and, worse yet, your duty to get them to cheer.

Bison football isn't just for those who cheer and yell for their team. Some fans want to sit and enjoy the game and be quiet. So what? ALL football teams, from the NFL down to F-M Athletics have those type of fans. Just deal with it. The dome has been loud enough, Lardinois said it got his blood boiling. Do we fans who want to yell really have to look down our noses at those fans who pay money to support the team and do so quietly?

I agree.... It's not our duty to make others cheer. It's out duty to cheer for the team the way we see fit.

My suggestion: Stand up, cheer and do whatever you want (within reason). Don't interact with those around you for the following reasons:

a) They (and even security) can't make us sit down
b) Our cheering might spur others to cheer
c) IF the blue haired people stop enjoying the game maybe they will give up their seats to those who WILL cheer.

I say that we should respect all those around us but if they can't see the game because we're standing during important plays..... well so be it. There is one way for them to see the game. Stand up.

NDFAN2
10-08-2007, 07:20 PM
I'm not sure how to quote the picture, but #11 posted above was tailgating with the battlewagon crew. Looks like he took in too much of the good stuff...

KC Bison
10-08-2007, 07:20 PM
This post won't make me popular with alot of you. I live in Kansas City and I typically only can afford to get to one game a year but this situation appears to be the same everywhere. Those so called blue bloods as you call them are the ones that pay the freight for what's going on with the Bison. They typically pay $250-$1,000 per year for the opportunity to attend 4-6 home games per year. Then on top of that they make contribuions to Team makers. They are the ones that are paying for the scholarships so that alot of really good football player will come here. Apparently, they are not true fans.

Then you have the student section which probably contribute $25 per semester in student fees and attend all games for free. They do yell loud but will never contribute enough to pay for a single scholarship. Apparently, these students are the only true fans??

I suppose we could have the loudest stadium in football with alot of non-scholarhip players and playing in Division III with all those true fans. Please reconsider your views of the so-called blue bloods.

NDFAN2
10-08-2007, 07:23 PM

TA - my only problem with you is that sitting 2 rows up from you, I can't hear the comedy that comes from your mouth. Maybe the rows in front of you will switch with me at future games!

SlickVic
10-08-2007, 07:33 PM
This post won't make me popular with alot of you. I live in Kansas City and I typically only can afford to get to one game a year but this situation appears to be the same everywhere. Those so called blue bloods as you call them are the ones that pay the freight for what's going on with the Bison. They typically pay $250-$1,000 per year for the opportunity to attend 4-6 home games per year. Then on top of that they make contribuions to Team makers. They are the ones that are paying for the scholarships so that alot of really good football player will come here. Apparently, they are not true fans.

Then you have the student section which probably contribute $25 per semester in student fees and attend all games for free. They do yell loud but will never contribute enough to pay for a single scholarship. Apparently, these students are the only true fans??

I suppose we could have the loudest stadium in football with alot of non-scholarhip players and playing in Division III with all those true fans. Please reconsider your views of the so-called blue bloods.

exactly...atleast 1/4 of the student section was gone at halftime and prolly 5/6 of them left during the third quarter...that is pathetic...i traded seats at halftime with my uncle and sat with a lot of the so called "true fans" and in my opinion they just come to make noise and annoy people because a lot of what they were yelling made no sense to me what so ever...so glad i don't sit with those misfits

Herd Mentality
10-08-2007, 07:40 PM
TA - my only problem with you is that sitting 2 rows up from you, I can't hear the comedy that comes from your mouth. Maybe the rows in front of you will switch with me at future games!

How about if we just remap the seating and make the student section every seat below the suites on the visitors side of the field?

KC: What you don't realize is the number of younger TeamMakers (22-40) has exploded. We help pay for those scholarhips just as much as some of those old geysers and our age bracket is way more likely to travel with the team and support them elsewhere.

Like I've stated here before is that I think we need to overthrow the current TeamMaker hierarchy. Let's hear some nominations to replace Simmers.

SlickVic
10-08-2007, 07:52 PM
How about if we just remap the seating and make the student section every seat below the suites on the visitors side of the field?

KC: What you don't realize is the number of younger TeamMakers (22-40) has exploded. We help pay for those scholarhips just as much as some of those old geysers and our age bracket is way more likely to travel with the team and support them elsewhere.

Like I've stated here before is that I think we need to overthrow the current TeamMaker hierarchy. Let's hear some nominations to replace Simmers.

replace simmers??? simmers is so slick n such a good guy what are you talking about?? my oh my the number of younger team makers?? i go to those luncheons every week and i have yet to see a classmate or anybody within 10 years of me...remap the seating and make the student section below the suites of the visitors side of the field??? why so they dont have to travel as far to exit the building at halftime??? i doubt that there is a single team maker in the 22-40 range that donates a half or full scholorship

TAILG8R
10-08-2007, 08:01 PM
If every so called blue hair in the Fargodome donated a full scholarship we'd all be sitting in a 100,00 seat stadium watching the Bison play teams like Miami and USC. So I see that people from both sides of this argument can be silly and throw out blanket statements. I love when people generalize it destroys their whole argument.

NDFAN2
10-08-2007, 08:05 PM

I'm not necessarily suggesting that the "students" take all the seats below the suites. I'm not a student, but I think I've watched the last three home games below the suites due to a very generous brother (and SDBison), who is a team maker. I told him that I'll be a teammaker next year as well. And Section 21 does not drink milk...at least not our section couple of rows. I may not stand and cheer as much as TransAm or Bisonsig, but I barely had a voice at the end of the game.

PS: I do show the fans behind me how to get me to sit down with a physical demonstration. So far, none have taken me up on it and none have complained.

SlickVic
10-08-2007, 08:08 PM
I'm not necessarily suggesting that the "students" take all the seats below the suites. I'm not a student, but I think I've watched the last three home games below the suites due to a very generous brother (and SDBison), who is a team maker. I told him that I'll be a teammaker next year as well. And Section 21 does not drink milk...at least not our section couple of rows. I may not stand and cheer as much as TransAm or Bisonsig, but I barely had a voice at the end of the game.

PS: I do show the fans behind me how to get me to sit down with a physical demonstration. So far, none have taken me up on it and none have complained.

the student section is the backbone of a big time atmosphere...our student section is not getting the job done...yeah its sweet they all wear yellow shirts and yeah it looks raw...for a half

SlickVic
10-08-2007, 08:17 PM
The problem is that most of the people at NDSU football games are not real "fans". They want to be able to say they were there (hoping nobody asks them if it was for the entire game).

what is your definition of a real "fan" SD?

Bisonguy
10-08-2007, 08:32 PM
Student seating must be at least ten rows back from the front row if they're seated behind the visiting team bench (at least for playoffs).

BisonBryce
10-08-2007, 08:35 PM
Geez T, what are you doing sleeping!!! :D

SDbison
10-08-2007, 08:55 PM
what is your definition of a real "fan" SD?
I don't know slick, why don't you tell me. Can I ask you a question......why do you use other peoples pictures as your avatar and in your signature line?

Bison"FANatic"
10-08-2007, 08:55 PM
We have a very good game day atmosphere. I don't tell others how to cheer but I also do not want to be told how to cheer. If I paid my ticket I paid for the right to fill the 6ft of space from the floor to where the top of my head is not just the space if I am sitting. I sat for the majority of the game but I was up on 3rd downs and big plays. We need have fun but use some common sense and be respectful to the people around us.

You get a very biased view on this board because if we take the time to read and post about the Bison we are more involved than a average fan. Not everyone is as fanatic about the bison as we are but they still care deeply. I also agree that the Bison need the money of these fans that are more laid back and quiet during a game. Just because they are not loud does not mean they don't care.

Again we have a very good game day atmosphere. Compare it to 5-10 years ago and there is a very large improvement.

Just my .02

SlickVic
10-08-2007, 09:05 PM
I don't know slick, why don't you tell me. Can I ask you a question......why do you use other peoples pictures as your avatar and in your signature line?

the most important quality of a "true fan" is not how much noise they make or don't make on game day...the most important quality of a "true fan" is loyalty.

"True loyalty is that quality of service that grows under adversity and expands in defeat. Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat.
One is noise - the other, loyalty."
-Fielding Yost

Do you even know who Fielding Yost is SD? i go by that..."any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat." i believe that you and the cronies you sit with are what coach yost describes as street urchins...the "living dead" as you like to call them have sat in that dome thru thick and thin, good times and bad...how many of the so called 19,000+ on saturday can say the same?

Bisonguy
10-08-2007, 09:15 PM
LOL- Bohl stated in the press conference today that the crowd noise is starting to cause problems with the defense. Says they will have to go to visual audibles. :nod:

TAILG8R
10-08-2007, 09:23 PM
the most important quality of a "true fan" is not how much noise they make or don't make on game day...the most important quality of a "true fan" is loyalty.

"True loyalty is that quality of service that grows under adversity and expands in defeat. Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat.
-Fielding Yost

Do you even know who Fielding Yost is SD? i go by that..."any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat." i believe that you and the cronies you sit with are what coach yost describes as street urchins...the "living dead" as you like to call them have sat in that dome thru thick and thin, good times and bad...how many of the so called 19,000+ on saturday can say the same?

No one is going to( or should) take you seriously until you decide to take yourself seriously and knock off all this hiding behind another persona BS.

BisonSig
10-08-2007, 09:58 PM

-Fielding Yost

I sit with SDBison and I like Mr Yost am a Sigma Chi. I do not hide behind a 'online' persona. I am who I say I am and I am a Team Maker, a Bison Fan and an alumnus of NDSU. I strive to be a boisterous cheerleader for the NDSU Bison teams and athletes and I hope to one day be able to give more financially to the Bison but to remain also remain a cheerleader. The street urchin you speak of would not be a Team Maker as SDBison is, the street urchin is more the fairweather friend, like a lot of the people on Saturday that left early, the used someone elses tickets and refused to stand up during the game because he is a 'man'.

I suggest SlickVic that you quit hiding behind mask, be a man and quit casting aspersions.

FarSouth Bison
10-08-2007, 10:13 PM
Maybe the games should be back outside, that way when it gets cold everyone will have to stand and clap just to stay warm.

BisonSig
10-08-2007, 10:26 PM
++++++++++

lakesbison
10-08-2007, 10:37 PM
Nothing Wrong With Online Persona's!!!

SlickVic
10-08-2007, 10:46 PM
I sit with SDBison and I like Mr Yost am a Sigma Chi. I do not hide behind a 'online' persona. I am who I say I am and I am a Team Maker, a Bison Fan and an alumnus of NDSU. I strive to be a boisterous cheerleader for the NDSU Bison teams and athletes and I hope to one day be able to give more financially to the Bison but to remain also remain a cheerleader. The street urchin you speak of would not be a Team Maker as SDBison is, the street urchin is more the fairweather friend, like a lot of the people on Saturday that left early, the used someone elses tickets and refused to stand up during the game because he is a 'man'.

I suggest SlickVic that you quit hiding behind mask, be a man and quit casting aspersions.

i'm not hiding behind any mask and i don't have an online persona so i don't know what you fools are talking about...seems to me like you are all just a bunch of troublemakers who use saturdays in the dome as some kind of an excuse to bother people who are just trying to enjoy a football game...there is no doubt in my mind that most of "the living dead" know more about this football team and the players on that football field then any of you "cheerleaders"

roadwarrior
10-08-2007, 11:12 PM
I thought we had this whole issue figured out a couple of weeks ago. Stand and cheer, and you won't be bothered by the Fargodome staff. Bother and intimidate other fans, and you might be out the door.

We have come light years in terms of noise in the dome in just the past two seasons. Not everyone will be standing and yelling. What does it matter if the guy next to you is sitting or standing?

Bison4Life302
10-08-2007, 11:15 PM
I thought we had this whole issue figured out a couple of weeks ago. Stand and cheer, and you won't be bothered by the Fargodome staff. Bother and intimidate other fans, and you might be out the door.

We have come light years in terms of noise in the dome in just the past two seasons. Not everyone will be standing and yelling. What does it matter if the guy next to you is sitting or standing?

Right On!!!!

BisonAccountant44
10-08-2007, 11:16 PM

In section 9 I made it 4 plays into the opening drive before I was "asked" to sit down. :ranting:

pmp6nl
10-08-2007, 11:21 PM

Actually the students as a whole contribute over $890,000 to athletics (over 30% of the student activity fee), if you wish maybe we can remove that funding. Now I know that is only about $75 per student, but thats not the point. We are just that students... its not like we are not contributing enough money to NDSU already.

Also, remember that the student contribution does not guarantee that the student will get into the game. There are only 4000 student seats and over 12,500 students. I know many students that have been turned away.

We will see how loud it is in the Fargodome with out the students. Plus the Yellow out section is pretty sweet.

SDbison
10-09-2007, 12:08 AM

Road.......there are still too many in the dome that sit and expect everyone to act like them.....Even if things have improved there are 70% that are way too quiet. Maybe in the insulated Red River Valley area that is OK, but by national DI norms the atmosphere still sucks. I can deal with 10 or 20% who want to sit and be quiet but the vast majority are still crap for cheering. So what, 19,000 in attendance. 15,000 are more interested in the social event. This is my last post on this topic. All the quiet seat occupants win.

SlickVic
10-09-2007, 12:15 AM
Road.......there are still too many in the dome that sit and expect everyone to act like them.....Even if things have improved there are 70% that are way too quiet. Maybe in the insulated Red River Valley area that is OK, but by national DI norms the atmosphere still sucks. I can deal with 10 or 20% who want to sit and be quiet but the vast majority are still crap for cheering. So what, 19,000 in attendance. 15,000 are more interested in the social event. This is my last post on this topic. All the quiet seat occupants win.

so what, 19,000 in attendence, 4,000 students leave at halftime...14,000 and some change are more interested in whats happening in the football game on the football field then yelling at others to get up and cheer...that just leaves SD and his posse of cheerleading bullys as the only ones who are more interested in a social event

02Bison
10-09-2007, 12:26 AM
We have a very good game day atmosphere. I don't tell others how to cheer but I also do not want to be told how to cheer. If I paid my ticket I paid for the right to fill the 6ft of space from the floor to where the top of my head is not just the space if I am sitting. I sat for the majority of the game but I was up on 3rd downs and big plays. We need have fun but use some common sense and be respectful to the people around us.

You get a very biased view on this board because if we take the time to read and post about the Bison we are more involved than a average fan. Not everyone is as fanatic about the bison as we are but they still care deeply. I also agree that the Bison need the money of these fans that are more laid back and quiet during a game. Just because they are not loud does not mean they don't care.

Again we have a very good game day atmosphere. Compare it to 5-10 years ago and there is a very large improvement.

Just my .02

Well said. It all comes down to a little mutual respect and consideration. Standing the whole game isn't possible for all people and last I checked, standing wasn't necessary to be able to cheer.

TransAmBison
10-09-2007, 12:32 AM

Standing was not an issue here. Intimidation was not either. That was just crap made up by people who are there for a social event.

TransAmBison
10-09-2007, 12:33 AM
so what, 19,000 in attendence, 4,000 students leave at halftime...14,000 and some change are more interested in whats happening in the football game on the football field then yelling at others to get up and cheer...that just leaves SD and his posse of cheerleading bullys as the only ones who are more interested in a social event
Dude, what is your problem? All you do is follow SDBison around and harass him. Let it go.

SlickVic
10-09-2007, 12:54 AM
Dude, what is your problem? All you do is follow SDBison around and harass him. Let it go.

what is my problem? dude, you people are the problem...you SD and your gang of troublemakers are the ones who are harassing bison fans and making their gameday expeirence miserable. Let it go.

BisonBabe
10-09-2007, 01:06 AM
what is my problem? dude, you people are the problem...you SD and your gang of troublemakers are the ones who are harassing bison fans and making their gameday expeirence miserable. Let it go.

I do not understand what you have against SDBison and the rest of the guys but hope you do not cross this into all the threads like the last time.

Okay I have met a couple of these guys and they are not intimidating. So they are cheering on our team. I do not see how this is being a troublemaker or affecting others enjoying the game. I can not stand up the whole game as I have a bad lower back. But I do cheer the whole time. Did get the evil eye from a young kid on Saturday when I was cheering but did not let it bother me.

CaBisonFan
10-09-2007, 02:04 AM

People like that had better get used to it...that is...if they want a winning program. In the atmosphere of the dome, it's an absolute 'must' that the crowd take over the building, especially when the other team has the ball.

What are they there for? Tell them to go to a damn movie, buy some popcorn, and enjoy the animation.

CaBisonFan
10-09-2007, 02:05 AM

People like that had better get used to it...that is...if they want a winning program. In the atmosphere of the dome, it's an absolute 'must' that the crowd take over the building, especially when the other team has the ball.

What are they there for? Tell them to go to a damn movie, buy some popcorn, and enjoy the animation.

I would have lost it too. They can go and complain to whoever they want while the person they're talking to holds back their laughter.

No biggie.

bisonhp330
10-09-2007, 02:09 AM
A few years ago I was told to stop yelling by a lady reading a book in front of me- I told her, respectfully, it is not a library. I agree that everyone has different way of cheering- but guess what- the Bison game ISNT A SOCIAL EVENT ITS A FOOTBALL GAME- get off your rear and cheer- The last 4 games have sold out- and im sure there would be someone happy to have your seat -- this is the downfall of the dome atmosphere- there are people sitting in seats just to fill it- I would take an empty seat over a social watcher anytime- same result without all the whining.

roadwarrior
10-09-2007, 02:22 AM
The good thing about selling the dome out is that over time, more and more people that WANT to be there for the football game will take over those seats from people that go just to go.

SlickVic
10-09-2007, 02:25 AM
A few years ago I was told to stop yelling by a lady reading a book in front of me- I told her, respectfully, it is not a library. I agree that everyone has different way of cheering- but guess what- the Bison game ISNT A SOCIAL EVENT ITS A FOOTBALL GAME- get off your rear and cheer- The last 4 games have sold out- and im sure there would be someone happy to have your seat -- this is the downfall of the dome atmosphere- there are people sitting in seats just to fill it- I would take an empty seat over a social watcher anytime- same result without all the whining.

if your looking for an empy seat you might want to try the student section after halftime...you'll have lots to choose from my friend

BisonNeil
10-09-2007, 02:36 AM
Standing was not an issue here. Intimidation was not either. That was just crap made up by people who are there for a social event.

That is not totally true. You stated earlier "I pleaded with the front three rows to make some kind of noise." You think people have to yell, they don't. Get over it. Cheer on your team and get off your high horse that everyone has to enjoy a game as you do.

No_Skill
10-09-2007, 02:37 AM

-Fielding Yost

I sat the entire game last Sat. in the student section and looking across the dome I was disgusted at the lack of "loyalty" I saw. After the 3th quarter there suddenly appeared plenty of empty seats.

No_Skill
10-09-2007, 02:39 AM
i'm not hiding behind any mask and i don't have an online persona so i don't know what you fools are talking about...seems to me like you are all just a bunch of troublemakers who use saturdays in the dome as some kind of an excuse to bother people who are just trying to enjoy a football game...there is no doubt in my mind that most of "the living dead" know more about this football team and the players on that football field then any of you "cheerleaders"

I'll take that bet.

Bisonguy
10-09-2007, 02:40 AM
if your looking for an empy seat you might want to try the student section after halftime...you'll have lots to choose from my friend

Actually, if you want an empty seat, just look in any section on the east sidelines. Plenty of empty seats before kickoff, during the game, and they're the first to leave. :smh: :smh:

No_Skill
10-09-2007, 02:46 AM

Why do you keep focusing on the student section? As I stated before, looking across the dome to the east side after the 3rd the "living dead" were moving for the doors pretty fast. I'll be sure to bring my camera for the SUU game. We'll see how many of the "loyal" fans are there for the 4th.

SlickVic
10-09-2007, 02:54 AM
Why do you keep focusing on the student section? As I stated before, looking across the dome to the east side after the 3rd the "living dead" were moving for the doors pretty fast. I'll be sure to bring my camera for the SUU game. We'll see how many of the "loyal" fans are there for the 4th.

we'll see how many students are there for the kick-off...the student section is pathetic period hands down no questions asked...you want to talk about people who come only for a social event look no further then the students...my oh my...transam and company are obviously pretty intimadating if every other game there has to be security sent over to there section...there was a cal davis guy right behind me right, right in the heart of what you people would call "the living dead section", screaming and being about as obnoxious as any fan i've ever seen...stood the whole game...nobody from "the living dead" went and got security to ask if he could be removed...what does that tell you about SD, transam and their behavior? to have BISON fans complain about them game after game...and then they come on here and cry about it...my oh my

roadwarrior
10-09-2007, 02:58 AM
It must be our fast paced world today. Have to get the hell out when the outcome is in our mind assured. Comparing our crowd at the end of the game to the crowd left at Central Michigan or Western Illinois is no comparison. We win hands down. It would be great if for once everyone would stay until the end. The entire Row D section 17 stays until the final horn! Is it the thirst for beer or wanting to beat the traffic?? I dont know.

SlickVic
10-09-2007, 03:00 AM
I'll take that bet.

ok you're going to have to work for my money tho fool...you get SD, transam and their whole gang of "cheerleaders"...and i'll get the group of "living dead" that i sit with and we'll give them a little quiz about bison football this year...2 lincoln towncars says every single "living dead" fan that sits by me aces that quiz...i'm telling you these guys know their football and i talk with them all of the time...there's not much that goes on down on that football field that they don't see or can't comprehend...do they cheer? your darn right they do...do they stand before every defensive snap, aggrevating those around them by scolding them to make noise? absolutley not...their to focused on the field

56BISON73
10-09-2007, 03:06 AM
If you are only standing during great plays, or when we need to support the D for a big stop, and getting up for TDs, then that fan has no complaints. This used to happen to me, but I have told my neighbors many times: "This isn't church and it's not the opera, it's a football game. If you aren't going to stand up and cheer once in a while, stay home and listen to it on the radio so your seat can be used by a real fan."

I haven't been bothered for years, knock on wood...

Didnt know that standing made a fan a "real" fan. Interesting. PL

SlickVic
10-09-2007, 03:07 AM

me either...asked SD for his definition of a "real fan" and never got a response. Interesting.

No_Skill
10-09-2007, 03:13 AM
ok you're going to have to work for my money tho fool...you get SD, transam and their whole gang of "cheerleaders"...and i'll get the group of "living dead" that i sit with and we'll give them a little quiz about bison football this year...2 lincoln towncars says every single "living dead" fan that sits by me aces that quiz...i'm telling you these guys know their football and i talk with them all of the time...there's not much that goes on down on that football field that they don't see or can't comprehend...do they cheer? your darn right they do...do they stand before every defensive snap, aggrevating those around them by scolding them to make noise? absolutley not...their to focused on the field

I'm trying to figure you out. You sit with the "living dead" yet you talk all gangsta. You must be one of their 16 yr old grand-kids, right? That would explain you defending them.

By the way I have nothing against most of the "living dead". There are undesirables in each group.

NDSUstudent
10-09-2007, 03:18 AM

A "real" fan is somebody that goes to enjoy the game and also lets everyone else enjoy the game however they want to. They aren't yelling at people to get up and cheer and they aren't yelling at people because they stood up on a 3rd down or huge play.

56BISON73
10-09-2007, 03:21 AM

Very well said. I was thinking the same thing. To make desparaging comments about other fans because they dont cheer the way others feel they should is ludicrous. PL

SlickVic
10-09-2007, 03:27 AM
I'm trying to figure you out. You sit with the "living dead" yet you talk all gangsta. You must be one of their 16 yr old grand-kids, right? That would explain you defending them.

By the way I have nothing against most of the "living dead". There are undesirables in each group.

talk all gangsta? what exactly does that mean? you want me to explain why i defend them? because they have been whatching bison football since before anybody sitting in that student section was born...every one of them that sits in my section has paid a MINIMUM of $500 for their seat and that's not counting how much they might give team makers in addition to those dues...these people appreciate good football, love north dakota state university, and they can tell anybody who will listen detailed storys about pretty much anything you need to know related to bison football...but most importantly, if it wern't for what you people like to call "the living dead" bison football would not be where it is today and theres no doubt about that...what you people fail to realize about the so called "living dead" is that they litter every major football stadium in the country...from the horseshoe in columbus to royal memorial stadium in austin, texas...the best seats in the house are held by "the living dead"...and that's the way it should be

TAILG8R
10-09-2007, 03:33 AM
talk all gangsta? what exactly does that mean? you want me to explain why i defend them? because they have been whatching bison football since before anybody sitting in that student section was born...every one of them that sits in my section has paid a MINIMUM of $500 for their seat and that's not counting how much they might give team makers in addition to those dues...these people appreciate good football, love north dakota state university, and they can tell anybody who will listen detailed storys about pretty much anything you need to know related to bison football...but most importantly, if it wern't for what you people like to call "the living dead" bison football would not be where it is today and theres no doubt about that...what you people fail to realize about the so called "living dead" is that they litter every major football stadium in the country...from the horseshoe in columbus to royal memorial stadium in austin, texas...the best seats in the house are held by "the living dead"...and that's the way it should be

Damn, one more time and you would have broken the world record for using "living dead" the most times in one post. Well, maybe next time. :)

No_Skill
10-09-2007, 03:34 AM

Well, that's just not correct. I saw a SOTA in the student section that had to be in his 60s and I applaud him for sitting with the students.

Like I said before I have nothing against the older fans who donate billions of dollars to the team. I hope to be one of them some day, but my current contribution is not worthless.

SlickVic
10-09-2007, 03:47 AM
Well, that's just not correct. I saw a SOTA in the student section that had to be in his 60s and I applaud him for sitting with the students.

Like I said before I have nothing against the older fans who donate billions of dollars to the team. I hope to be one of them some day, but my current contribution is not worthless.

never said your current contribution was worthless...but that post sure was and the post prior to yours was as well...the moral of my story is this...SD, trans and those other clowns who like to call themselves "cheerleaders" should count their blessings...at any big time college football stadium in the country it would take a minimum of 25 or 30 years of considerable booster donations to have the privalage to sit within 20 rows of where they sit now...and even then i would venture to bet you people wouldn't have the funds to afford a seat...and you can bet your bottom doller that with the kind of behavior i believe them to be displaying on gameday those seats would be yanked from you so fast you wouldn't even know what hit ya

No_Skill
10-09-2007, 04:15 AM
never said your current contribution was worthless...but that post sure was and the post prior to yours was as well...the moral of my story is this...SD, trans and those other clowns who like to call themselves "cheerleaders" should count your blessings...at any big time college football stadium in the country it would take a minimum of 25 or 30 years of considerable booster donations to have the privalage to sit within 20 rows of where you sit now...and you can bet your bottom doller that with the kind of behavior i believe you to be displaying on gameday those seats would be yanked from you so fast you wouldn't even know what hit ya

You know nothing of how I behave on gameday, so I'll fill you in.

First, I get up early, hang my Bison Flag outside and then read the paper and the forums (I don't bother with the Bis Trib, 'cus the coverage is terrible). My wife and I drive 2hrs 45 minutes to Fargo and arrive at least 2 hrs early. Next, I get to the dome 90 minutes before gametime so I get some decent general admission seats (I sit with or near the students because I love the energy). I watch warmups intently and listen to the pregame show on headphones (the wife hates the headphones). When I sit with the students I stand most of the game with them, otherwise I go with the flow of the group around me. I do not beg for people to stand, but when I feel like it, I stand and cheer. I make noise of some sort on every defensive down and step it up on 3rd and 4th. I stay until the last snap, every game, no matter what the score. After, I listen to the postgame show on my way to fill gas and prepare for the 2hrs 45min home (I like the 1:00 games for sure). I go to every home game (in fact my wife and I went to the Thursday season opener in 2000 two days before my wedding) and the occasional away (I'll be at the Gopher game and maybe SDSU otherwise I watch or listen to every away game). Needless to say during the week I spend a lot of time getting my hands on any press I can and I spend a lot of time (probably too much) on the forums. Did I mention that I don't drink on gameday...I prefer to watch the game with a clear head.

A little long winded, but hopefully that give you a better picture of the kind of fan I am. I live and die with the Bison, like most of the fans in the dome and I hope to pass my love of the game onto my kids one day.

Oh, and if you don't beleive what I have written, you're more than welcome to confirm with my wife...she has the difficult task of living with a die hard. I'm pretty lucky she's a big fan too.

SlickVic
10-09-2007, 04:21 AM
no skill you can delete that post i wasnt talking about you buddy my bad

UTH
10-09-2007, 04:28 AM
Oh yeah? Well, my daddy can beat up your daddy. Everyone take a big breath.

Step back and imagine you're in a nice place.

Pretend that this is the first time you've visited Bisonville.

Reread this thread, starting from the first post.

Sorta makes a guy shake his head, doesn't it?

Remember, things could always be worse than this (http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/indio_rojas/horribleaccident-1.jpg).

Let's all relax and drink a toast to important things like family, friends, and

GOOD TIMES
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/indio_rojas/rockonlittleman.jpg

extremerouge
10-09-2007, 04:55 AM
haha well said...love the pic of the kid too

WYOBISONMAN
10-09-2007, 05:03 AM
Come on guys, let's ease up on the personal crap.

HerdBot
10-09-2007, 05:10 AM

Show up an hour early and put tacks on the seats behind you. That will keep them off their asses! I say wear a headset and pretend you don't hear them. When security shows, deny everything. :)

BigBison
10-09-2007, 05:37 AM
The whole being asked to sit down thing happens every where, even at LSU according to some Gopher fans on gopherhole.

I think we have one of the best game day atmosphere in FCS if we didnt why would Davis have to practice with leaf blowers. Could the FFD be louder, YES it could and it will. These other big name schools have had years of hype, tradition, selling out every game, etc, of being DI. We've been DI for just five years, and we've come ALONG way. Where will we be in another 5 years? We did handle UC Davis, the fargodome comes alive when theres a CLOSE GAME!! Good competition awakes the living dead, being in the Gateway will help next year and years to come. I remember two years ago being in the student section and being asked to sit down, by some men in there 40s, that didnt fly there.

I hate to say it but we need to think of a way to keep the student section there for 4 quarters, but again if the game was close they would stay. I'm a student and my group always stays untill the final horn.

Also this last game was the first game where I didnt sit in the student section, I was in 21 row KK. The fans were louder than I thought they would be, if you wanna see a dead section see 17. Also there is alot of old people that go to the games, I saw one old man on oxygen tank. I thought to myself "wow that man must be a die hard fan to still be coming to games." Bottom line in 5 years from now the FFD will be louder just give it time people, we have just started selling out games. All you guys that ARE standing and cheering loud now keep it up!

Mr_Meanor
10-09-2007, 05:41 AM
A "real" fan is somebody that goes to enjoy the game and also lets everyone else enjoy the game however they want to. They aren't yelling at people to get up and cheer and they aren't yelling at people because they stood up on a 3rd down or huge play.

I could not have said it better myself

Montana Bison
10-09-2007, 05:55 AM
If it looks like a blow out game, and the students start to leave, one word why. BEER! Back in the days at Dakota field you didn't have to leave, you could drink like a fish for the whole game. Still clear in my mind, the sound bottles bouncing off the angle iron under the south stands, and the beginning of the end when the whiskey bottle hit Big Eddie. How many us would have been lured by the call of Da Beer if we were sober back then. Christ it's the only way i survived some of those cold ass playoff games. Party? or blowout looking football game? Which would you have chosen then. I bet the same amount would have left back then to. It just the nature of the college student

bisonhp330
10-09-2007, 04:09 PM
Oh yeah? Well, my daddy can beat up your daddy. Everyone take a big breath.

Step back and imagine you're in a nice place.

Pretend that this is the first time you've visited Bisonville.

Reread this thread, starting from the first post.

Sorta makes a guy shake his head, doesn't it?

Remember, things could always be worse than this (http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/indio_rojas/horribleaccident-1.jpg).

Let's all relax and drink a toast to important things like family, friends, and

GOOD TIMES
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/indio_rojas/rockonlittleman.jpg

AMEN. Use the energy to spread the bison word.

BisonSig
10-09-2007, 05:44 PM
No one here is completely wrong, and no one here is completely correct.

1. If you give money to Team Makers, NDSU Foundation or any other NDSU related organization. You support the Bison.

2. If you voice your support for the Bison from the stands, the bars, your place of business or even your home. You support the Bison.

Doing one of the two above things does not mean that you shouldn't do the other, nor does it mean you have to do both. Different strokes for different folks.

I can only speak for myself, I do give a small amount to Team Makers. I have followed the Bison for 19 years now. Since I can not yet give more financially, I attempt to help the Bison by cheering loudly while the defense is on the field. One person can make a difference but it is a lot easier to have 19,010 people helping.

So again, I haven't been and won't be asking, pleading or telling any other person to cheer. However, I will be standing and cheering for the Bison.

CB

runtheoption
10-09-2007, 06:10 PM
So I see that people from both sides of this argument can be silly and throw out blanket statements. I love when people generalize it destroys their whole argument.

I find some irony in this statement.

Yo
10-13-2007, 12:31 AM
Also this last game was the first game where I didnt sit in the student section, I was in 21 row KK. The fans were louder than I thought they would be, if you wanna see a dead section see 17. Also there is alot of old people that go to the games, I saw one old man on oxygen tank. I thought to myself "wow that man must be a die hard fan to still be coming to games." Bottom line in 5 years from now the FFD will be louder just give it time people, we have just started selling out games. All you guys that ARE standing and cheering loud now keep it up!

I can atest to that it is the section we sit in. We have been tapped on the shoulder and told to sit down so much that I have a bruise on my shoulder. It does not stop me from standing up at the appropriate times nor do I say anything to the people doing the tapping.

bisongirl
10-13-2007, 02:21 AM
This is our first year being Team Makers, we have always bought GA season tickets in the past. We now sit in section 17 and are trying to liven it up a little bit. Even our 2 year old gets into the clapping and cheering!:nod:

Notorious
10-13-2007, 04:36 PM
SlickVic is correct to a certain degree......the program absolutely needs its longtime supporters. These fans may not be standing and cheering, but they support Bison Football just as much, if not more than most. The reality of bigtime programs is that money talks! A big reason the Bison have had success, now, and in the past, is due to the significant contributions of the longtime supporters. In the 80's, we had a significant advantage due to money! Many schools couldn't fund all of the alotted scholarships, and we could. We always had deep talent compared to others in the NCC. As we've transitioned to D1, these same supporters have provided funding necessary to push us to a #1 ranking in the country. Anyone that doesn't see the value of these "blue hairs" is missing the whole picture.

On the other hand, SlickVic shouldn't be personally attacking those loud, sometimes obnoxious fans. There is nothing better than the rabid fans that create energy on gameday!

There is definately a need for both......In general, NDSU fans should be extremely happy with the program, as well as the gameday atmosphere. Check 90% of the schools out there and make a comparision. I think you'll find the we are very lucky to have what we do.

Sorry for the long post....I usually just try to stick with the quick hitters, but this one got me fired up a bit.

No_Skill
10-13-2007, 05:20 PM
To sum up:

Stand and cheer if you want to.
Sit and cheer if you want to.
Sit and read a book if you want to.
Worry about yourself and leave everyone else alone.

Bisonfan1
10-13-2007, 05:40 PM
Very good post Notorius. I think the whole point of this thread was that some people when they feel it is "appropriate" like to do their cheering on their feet, while others like to do their cheering or none at all on their butts. These people and not just the blue hairs have no right telling someone to sit down at a football game, and it works both ways. Remember it was Coach Bohl who was pleading for a "hostile environment" and it has gotten much better than a couple years ago when a visiting coach said the FargoDome was a "nice quiet place to play".

These posts would not be taking place if "those in charge" would start doing their best to organize a concentrated cheer section somewhere on the north end. Why would you put an 80 year old lady on oxygen in a section that has the reputation such as 20 and 21 for gods sake when they know dang well what goes on there. I know, it's her first year in section 21 and she sits right behind me, CAN U SAY - STUPID. So I have been trying to be as respectfull as I can, however when I was asked to sit down on a third down defensive play that really got my goat, something I have been doing for years since Dakotah Field when the announcer did'nt have to plead to the fan's and the JumboTron was not flashing "ON YOUR FEET"

Solution - when it is so obvious where to issue seats where the "rapid fans" are, ask a few questions, LIVING DEAD NEED NOT APPLY, espicially when it come's to section's 20 and 21 where according to some on this board is where SDBISON and his cronies sit.