PDA

View Full Version : Today's Craig Bohl Football Show

No_Skill
10-07-2007, 04:01 PM
Coach Bohl was gettin' pretty feisty today. Jumping on Phil for asking why the backups weren't in sooner and then telling him he sounds like the average fan asking if the backups will start against MVSU. :rofl:

Loved it.

Also liked the video of tailgating after the show.

walknroehl
10-07-2007, 04:55 PM
HAHA. Love it.

As it should be. Bohl runs the team. While we would like to see it I think it would be worse for Bohl to feel pressured by public opinion and put them in early and have something disastrous occur.

He's got us to where we are now. I'm guessing he knows more about His team than we do.

heymch86
10-07-2007, 05:50 PM
I think coach knows thats not going to be the last time this week he gets asked that question. Monday press conference, Hammer Show, Scotty's show, he knows people will be calling in and asking whats the deal

FarSouth Bison
10-07-2007, 06:09 PM
Maybe we as fans should just let it be, and when the time is right he will play them. What did you think of Walker's comment on the show?

bisonmike2
10-07-2007, 07:05 PM
where's do you find the archived shows on kvly's website?

Bisonguy
10-07-2007, 07:15 PM
where's do you find the archived shows on kvly's website?

It's actually on KX4- http://www.kx4.com/archives/news/bison/football/sports_craig_bohl.html

It states that today's broadcast will be available on the web after 6 PM.

Gully
10-07-2007, 07:20 PM
I love coach Bohl and I know there's a lot more to it than what the fans see but nearly everyone I've talked to has said the exact same thing, that Walker shouldn't have been in the game at the end. I hope he doesn't get stuborn about this just because people question one decision he makes.

Oh, and I think Phil knows a little something about football.

bisoneer
10-07-2007, 07:52 PM
I love coach Bohl and I know there's a lot more to it than what the fans see but nearly everyone I've talked to has said the exact same thing, that Walker shouldn't have been in the game at the end. I hope he doesn't get stuborn about this just because people question one decision he makes.

Phil is a gem on football, no doubt about it. And with his size, who's going to argue with him?

Mr. Burgundy
10-07-2007, 08:02 PM
The game was out of reach. PERIOD. It just doesn't make much sense. I am sure he was just making sure he doesn't have to take 100 questions about it....which was previously mentioned.

99Bison
10-07-2007, 08:58 PM
I personally think there were probably scouts in attendance as the biggest reason he was still in there.

TheDoctor
10-07-2007, 09:21 PM
It's actually on KX4- http://www.kx4.com/archives/news/bison/football/sports_craig_bohl.html

It states that today's broadcast will be available on the web after 6 PM.

It's up now! ;)

FarSouth Bison
10-07-2007, 09:22 PM
Scouts or no scouts Walker shouldn't of been in the game, all its going to take is some D-linemen to take a cheap shot and he will be done.

FarSouth Bison
10-07-2007, 09:25 PM
Thats no reason to keep playing him.

tcbison
10-07-2007, 09:42 PM

I talked with a UC Davis fan(father of QB #12) at the end of the game. He was really surprised that Walker played the last series. I thought Bohl was going to keep him in and when they got a first down take him out and so the fans(that were still left) could give them a nice ovation.

I'm not sure what I was more disappointed with, leaving the starters in or everyone leaving so early.

99Bison
10-07-2007, 09:45 PM
I don't disagree, there is no reason he (or any other starters) should have been out there on the last drive.

TheDoctor
10-07-2007, 09:51 PM
Mays was taken out before their touchdown drive towards the end. ;)

BisonBabe
10-08-2007, 12:35 AM
I am sure that Coach has a reason for not putting in the second string. He and the other coaches are doing a fantastic job. I would expect that the second and possibly third string will see play time during next weeks game.

Jdubs21
10-08-2007, 01:27 AM
let bohl do his job he knows what he's doing...it not like walker was heaving up 50 yard passes

SlickVic
10-08-2007, 06:35 PM
yeah just love that show bohl is so slick..."when the dust all settles football is a physical game...it's a game of blockin it's a game of tacklin...it's a hard nose physical game and that's why you're playin this game...so hell let's strap it on today and let's go punch em right in the mouth!!!" my oh my hope he's still coaching in fargo next season

OldBison
10-08-2007, 06:42 PM
Mays was taken out before their touchdown drive towards the end. ;)

I think, but don't know for sure, that Mays was taken out because he got kicked in the shin the series before and they wanted to rest him.

56BISON73
10-09-2007, 04:21 AM
I am sure that Coach has a reason for not putting in the second string. He and the other coaches are doing a fantastic job. I would expect that the second and possibly third string will see play time during next weeks game.

The second team D and O-line got some reps at the end of the game. PL