PDA

View Full Version : Ex-Gopher

TAILG8R
10-05-2007, 06:47 PM
Any thoughts about the possibility of this kid becoming a Bison?

Startribune Article (http://www.startribune.com/gophers/story/1463417.html)

Now, don't take this as me saying I want him to be a Bison. I just thought it could generate some talk.

BisonSig
10-05-2007, 07:09 PM
If he does transfer here, I wouldn't guarantee he would play. We already have some very talented recievers. Now if he really wanted to play defense we could use him this year, but by next we will probably have some added depth.

Mr_Meanor
10-05-2007, 07:12 PM
I think it would make sense to take a look at this kid....looks like he is really athletic.

TAILG8R
10-05-2007, 07:16 PM
I agree, it would almost be foolish not to take a look. When it comes down to Saturdays you have to put the best players on the field. None of us can really say how he compares to al the WR on our roster.

bisonmike2
10-11-2007, 02:42 PM
what's the process on kids that want to transfer? our coaches can't just go out and talk to them, right? I think the kid has to initiate any contact. this could be good timing on our part. several players leave the u, a week later ndsu comes to town and leaves a good impression (hopefully with a win), kid(s) contact ndsu, plays next year and help ndsu win a championship. sounds easy.

sambini
10-12-2007, 05:33 AM
What about Tommy Becker from Wayzata ?

tony
10-12-2007, 07:25 AM
What about Tommy Becker from Wayzata ?

Yeah, I was wondering about Becker and Sean McWhirter too - they probably had some contact with NDSU before being recruited while the WR probably didn't have any (being that he's from Ohio).

Spectator
10-12-2007, 03:15 PM
I don't think the bison need to be bottom feeding for cast-offs especially from the gophers - these are kids that weren't starting for the gophers how much of an impact could that make? They just bring their attitudes to the locker room and they never really fit in.

bisonmike2
10-12-2007, 04:56 PM
I don't think the bison need to be bottom feeding for cast-offs especially from the gophers - these are kids that weren't starting for the gophers how much of an impact could that make? They just bring their attitudes to the locker room and they never really fit in.

NDSU has a history of taking guys that U of M either ignored or passed over and have made them incredibly solid players. Recently Dahl, White, Humber, Maresh. I see no reason why we would reject these guys if they came calling to NDSU. Heck, I would love to have the U of M as our farm team.:nod:

Bisonguy
10-12-2007, 08:19 PM
NDSU has a history of taking guys that U of M either ignored or passed over and have made them incredibly solid players. Recently Dahl, White, Humber, Maresh. I see no reason why we would reject these guys if they came calling to NDSU. Heck, I would love to have the U of M as our farm team.:nod:

Don't forget Nate Safe. :nod:

56BISON73
10-13-2007, 01:12 AM

Lets see---- they were recruited by a Big Ten team for some reason. If they had been looked at before why not again. They may have something to offer. PL

sambini
10-13-2007, 04:11 AM
Some kids just need another chance. And some were recruited by Mason and don't fit into Brewsters style.

tony
10-13-2007, 08:08 AM
Different school, same kind of deal. Matt Carufel, a four-star offensive line recruit from Minnesota, might be leaving Notre Dame. He's a sophomore and has started the last three games.

He was Gatorade Player of the Year for Minnesota and also was rated a top 100 recruit - not that HS ratings are going to help crack NDSU's starting lineup.