PDA

View Full Version : Another New Tradition Idea

BigBison
10-04-2007, 06:09 AM
I had an idea after the last home game to start a new tradition. We are only college football team that I know of, that has an intro where the stadium goes dark. The varsity mart has these green Bison glow sticks, so I put 2 and 2 together and thought how cool would it be to have a "green-out" when the dome goes dark and having all the players running out to a sea of green lights in the stands. The varsity mart sells them for 4.75 which are battery powered, on-off switch and a flashing mode. But I was thinking that the 1.00 ones at wal-mart or target would work just fine. What do you think? I thought it was somewhat original.

99Bison
10-04-2007, 06:11 AM
Hmm yeah, like the thought... Now for details... Need to get some that are light enough that when people throw them they aren't dangerous... How about when coming into the game hand out those free crackly ones that last for a fwe hours? Are they bright enough?

BigBison
10-04-2007, 06:22 AM
I'm pretty sure that the crackly ones would work good. However throwing maybe issue, possibly the only issue. I could see some dumb fans throwing them on the field after a bad call. I'm just looking on the net I see some places that are selling them for 21 cents each and you can buy in bluk. Also the ones at the varsity mart are light, about as heavy as a cheap pen.

Herd Mentality
10-04-2007, 07:29 AM
Home Depot in Fargo currently has them for 99 cents, can anyone beat that?

BigBison
10-04-2007, 07:37 AM
Just got back from wal-mart, yes at 2:30am, and they had them for 88 cents in the halloween department, there the 6" long ones when I quoted that price I was thinking the 4" would be better/lighter for anti throwing. Now I found them for 1000 for 200 bucks at www.glowrus.com

Hammersmith
10-04-2007, 09:29 AM
Just got back from wal-mart, yes at 2:30am, and they had them for 88 cents in the halloween department, there the 6" long ones when I quoted that price I was thinking the 4" would be better/lighter for anti throwing. Now I found them for 1000 for 200 bucks at www.glowrus.com

Damn, it'd be cool if different sections could get green or yellow. If NDSU/Fargodome were to do it(say next year) they could attach them to each seat to spell GO BISON on each side in huge block letters and the endzones could spell out NDSU. $4,000(maybe less) doesn't seem that bad for one special game per year.

Bison bison
10-04-2007, 01:10 PM

maybe instead of grilling hamburgers one of the local businesses should buy those.

- one problem with crackers is that they keep going for hours.

Tatanka
10-04-2007, 01:11 PM
Love it. Somebody needs to make this happen.

roper1313
10-04-2007, 02:07 PM
The glow stick is a great idea on the surface, but when UND did it last winter for hockey they were constantly being thrown. Now I know NDSU students would NEVER do anything like that. Right??

I think it would be a disaster.

99Bison
10-04-2007, 02:12 PM
Do they have inflatable mini thundersticks that glow?

HerdBot
10-04-2007, 03:29 PM
I had an idea after the last home game to start a new tradition. We are only college football team that I know of, that has an intro where the stadium goes dark. The varsity mart has these green Bison glow sticks, so I put 2 and 2 together and thought how cool would it be to have a "green-out" when the dome goes dark and having all the players running out to a sea of green lights in the stands. The varsity mart sells them for 4.75 which are battery powered, on-off switch and a flashing mode. But I was thinking that the 1.00 ones at wal-mart or target would work just fine. What do you think? I thought it was somewhat original.

The Sacramento Kings did that a few years ago in a playoff game and it was pretty cool. I would rather see the old school yellow towels because it will last the entire season instead of 30 seconds and we need to add some color to the dome. It's a lot easier to get 20,000 people to waive a towel instead of buy a yellow shirt or coordinate 30 seconds of glow sticks.