PDA

View Full Version : New Competition for Dufault

WildBill
10-03-2007, 01:27 AM
A couple quotes from story

”If I’m going to visit any other schools, it’s just gonna be Minnesota,” said Dufault. “That’s gonna be my last (visit). Maybe I’m gonna visit them this weekend, we’re still talking. They told me that Coach (Tubby) Smith takes his time with recruiting.

Dufault added that he’s probably going to wait “a week at the most” until the Golden Gophers settle one way or another on a resolution.

“I’m not sure which of the three I like the best,” he said. “They’re all very even. I’m talking to my parents about this, and we’re gonna wait until we hear back from Minnesota before we make a decision.”

Thought sure he was NDSU bound,sound kind of shaky from this article

Jdubs21
10-03-2007, 02:19 AM
well i highly doubt he is gonna come right out and say "i'm going to NDSU" he is doing the smart thing and taking all his visits cuz hey lets face it...its a fricken vacation, they wine and dine ya not to mention pay for the flight or drive, if i was him i'd take more visits cuz its gotta be fun to do all that stuff

WildBill
10-03-2007, 10:12 AM
well i highly doubt he is gonna come right out and say "i'm going to NDSU" he is doing the smart thing and taking all his visits cuz hey lets face it...its a fricken vacation, they wine and dine ya not to mention pay for the flight or drive, if i was him i'd take more visits cuz its gotta be fun to do all that stuff

There is some truth to that. However if thats what he wanted,how come he's not taking all his official visits? Sounds like a kid that might commit to Minnesota me.

Jdubs21
10-03-2007, 11:24 AM
maybe....i wish him well wherever he ends up, its good to see some ND kids make it

WePharm
10-03-2007, 04:13 PM
The most current news that I have heard on Austin is that NDSU and Arizona (State?) are his favorites. I was also told that he has hurt his knee and is out of football for the rest of the season. I hope the injury isn't severe. He would look sooo good in Green & Gold.

WildBill
10-03-2007, 07:11 PM
The most current news that I have heard on Austin is that NDSU and Arizona (State?) are his favorites. I was also told that he has hurt his knee and is out of football for the rest of the season. I hope the injury isn't severe. He would look sooo good in Green & Gold.

Is it more recent than 2 days ago?

WePharm
10-03-2007, 08:05 PM
I don't think the Minnesota visit is unexpected. After last summers AAU tournaments it was posted on this site that they were interested in him and wanted him to come for a visit. After asking a family friend today, he told me that NDSU and Arizona were the two he was most interested in. Who knows it may change after the weekend.

Notorious
10-03-2007, 09:22 PM
Why would anyone in their "right mind" go to the U of M for any sport ?? They're not even to the rebuilding stage yet.....

WildBill
10-03-2007, 09:40 PM
Why would anyone in their "right mind" go to the U of M for any sport ?? They're not even to the rebuilding stage yet.....

Because they are Big ten,get national exposure,and as far as basketball goes,have a high profile coach.

Bryan
10-03-2007, 10:02 PM
Minn will have two visitors this weekend and neither is named Austin Dufault. While they like him, they already have a junior college SF and a PF in Iverson committed and they are still looking at centers and while Austin is big, he's not a post player. As of tuesday, Dufault wasn't in MN's plans and that isn't likely to change. Most still think he's NDSU's to lose.

Mr. Burgundy
10-03-2007, 10:58 PM
........we are in the lead on him. Cross your fingers. Stay in North Dakota!!!

WildBill
10-03-2007, 11:07 PM
Minn will have two visitors this weekend and neither is named Austin Dufault. While they like him, they already have a junior college SF and a PF in Iverson committed and they are still looking at centers and while Austin is big, he's not a post player. As of tuesday, Dufault wasn't in MN's plans and that isn't likely to change. Most still think he's NDSU's to lose.

From what i heard Tubby is waiting to hear on some other players. DeFault is a Plan B most likely. That being said,Default has obvious interest in Minnesota,so stay tuned i guess.

WildBill
10-03-2007, 11:07 PM
........we are in the lead on him. Cross your fingers. Stay in North Dakota!!!

Most sites say you are tied with ASU right now

Notorious
10-04-2007, 02:48 AM
Because they are Big ten,get national exposure,and as far as basketball goes,have a high profile coach.

Minnesota is still Big 10?....hmmmm. I thought the Big 10 had higher standards.

X-Factor
10-04-2007, 04:12 AM
Never thought it would be....NDSU possibly the leading choice for a BASKETBALL recruit over teams like Arizona State and Minnesota.

Bryan
10-04-2007, 05:06 AM
Dufault is not really a plan B anymore, he's pretty much off the radar since Paul Carter and Colton Iverson committed. Dufault is the one who is trying to recruit MN. From what I heard he wants to play at a big school in a big conference but isn't big on leaving the region. If he decides that being close to home is the biggest facor, he will sign with NDSU.

wcb_sas
10-08-2007, 01:10 PM
Minnesota offered a scholarship to JUCO player out of SW Illinois Junior College Devron Bostick. Bostick a 6'-5" extremely athletic forward out of Racine Wisconsin will have two years to play for Minnesota.

Bostick led SW Illinois in scoring nad was among their leaders in rebounding, steals and minutes played. Bostick orginally committed to Youngstown State out of high school but failed to qualify and transfered to SW Illinois.

http://www.njcaa.org/schmain.cfm?sid=4&divid=1&gender=m&slid=2&menu=3&seasonselect=347&schmenu=4&cid=1571

http://www.southwestern.cc.il.us/athletics/teams.jsp

Good news to Bison fans is that this might lock out one of the scholarships available for Default!

Bryan
10-08-2007, 01:22 PM
Bostick has had an offer since July and finally committed Saturday. He's a SG/SF and his situation has nothing to do with dufault. Minnesota is not recruiting him and in fact had a 6'8 PF from chicago in for a visit this weekend.

heymch86
10-08-2007, 06:33 PM
if we're gonna have a thread about this guy, lets give him some respect and spell his last name correctly.