PDA

View Full Version : Basketball starts this month!!!!!!!

roadwarrior
10-02-2007, 09:01 PM
Home exhibition game against Bemidji on Halloween.

TAILG8R
10-02-2007, 09:07 PM
And only 38 days 'til Florida baby!

TheDoctor
10-02-2007, 09:09 PM
Will You Be There??? ;)

onbison09
10-02-2007, 10:30 PM
Are the games gonna be on gobison.com?

Herd
10-03-2007, 12:02 AM
All the games will be gobison.com.

Audio (at least) for all away games.
Audio/Video for the home games and probably the conference games.

gobison.com will take care of you!!

Jdubs21
10-03-2007, 02:21 AM
so shouldnt we make a countdown for our basketball team? i think they deserve the same respect as our FB team, lol

Hammersmith
10-03-2007, 03:16 AM
All the games will be gobison.com.

Audio (at least) for all away games.
Audio/Video for the home games and probably the conference games.

gobison.com will take care of you!!

Actually, I don't believe that will be true. I think it goes something like this:

Non-conference
Home: Live video w/ WDAY audio for fee; Archived video w/ WDAY audio for fee
Away: Live video w/ opp audio for fee(if opp is partnered w/ JumpTV); Live WDAY audio for free; Archived WDAY audio for free

Conference
Home: Live video w/ WDAY audio through SummitTV for fee; Live WDAY audio for free(?); Archived video w/ WDAY audio for fee
Away: Live video w/ opp audio through SummitTV for fee; Live WDAY audio for free; Archived WDAY audio for free

This is a bit confusing, so I'll also try it a different way.

If the game is at home, there will be a single choice: Video plus the WDAY audio. If it's a non-conference game, the live showing will fall under the NDSU All Access plan. If it's a conference game, the live showing can only be viewed if you pay for the SummitTV package($???). A few hours after the game is over, it will be available through All Access as an archived game.

If it's an away game, there may be two choices: Video with the opponent's audio and just the WDAY audio. In both live and archived situations, there will always be a WDAY audio broadcast for free. If it's a conference game, the video with opponent's audio will be available only from SummitTV and the video will not be archived through All Access. If it's a non-conference game and the opponent also uses JumpTV, the video will be available through All Access for live viewing, but it will not be archived. If the opponent partners with CSTV(JumpTV's competitor), the video will not be available through All Access in any form and must be purchased from the opponent/CSTV. If the opponent has no webcasting capabilities, then there won't be any video available from anyone.

It's possible that NDSU will also make the WDAY audio available for home conference games, but I don't know for sure.

If someone out there is in contact with the staff that handles NDSU All Access and sees that something above is wrong, please correct it. I'm basing it on how All Access has handled the FB games this year plus what I've heard from other Summit schools.

Hammersmith
10-03-2007, 03:37 AM
one more version (hey, it's complicated)

1 2 3 4 5 6
NC Home AA AA
NC Away AA* OPP FR FR
C Home STV AA FR?
C Away STV STV FR FR
1. Live video w/ WDAY audio
2. Archived video w/ WDAY audio
3. Live video w/ opp audio
4. Archived video w/ opp audio
5. Live WDAY audio
6. Archived WDAY audio

AA: NDSU All Access
STV: SummitTV
OPP: Opponent's Webstreaming Package
FR: Free

*if opp uses JumpTV

sambini
10-03-2007, 03:58 AM
Midnight madness this year?

Herd
10-03-2007, 05:03 AM
When I say gobison.com, I am talking about having the all-access pass, as I don't think that much of anything will be available for free.

You should be able to get WDAY audio for all games (assuming WDAY radio covers the game), then video for home games. The uncertain part is for conference games where a summit league pass may also be required for getting some of the video. Gobison.com could choose to carry summit league games on its own all-access pass, subsidizing this for bison fans like they did for W.IL and CMU football. We will see.

I don't think its as complicated as a 4x6 matrix! And Yes, if they carry game audio or video live, you can watch it archived. Having an all-access pass on gobison.com will really be the ticket for Bison basketball. Hopefully, all summit league basketball involving the bison will also be carried on gobison.com so we don't need the summit league pass also.

Hammersmith
10-03-2007, 05:21 AM
The thing is, there isn't a seperate audio feed for FB home games. If you go to GoBison.com, you can watch the SFA, SHSU and WIU games and listen to the WIU and CMU games. I don't know why WIU was archived and CMU wasn't. Maybe CMU wouldn't consent or their cost was too high. In any case, you can't just listen to the home games. Also, all audio-only broadcasts are listed as "free media". With The Summit controlling access to all conference games(home and away), it really is that complicated, unfortunately.

onbison09
10-05-2007, 10:48 PM
How much is SummitTV or whatever it's called?

Hammersmith
10-05-2007, 11:12 PM
How much is SummitTV or whatever it's called?

Don't know. They haven't added packages to the sign-up section. I've heard numbers like $59.95 and $69.95 thrown around, but I don't know if that was people guessing or if they had real information.

Ivy
10-07-2007, 10:51 PM
Hopefully, all summit league basketball involving the bison will also be carried on gobison.com so we don't need the summit league pass also.

I don't think the Summit League will allow NDSU to have the games on their site. You will have to have the Summit League package. Good thing though all Summit League away games should be available.

Ricky Bobby
10-10-2007, 01:17 AM
This Friday night at 6:30 is NDSU's version of midnight madness.

Mr. Burgundy
10-10-2007, 01:24 AM
Ricky, I will be there. Wings first?