135 Illinois State AA = 55.43
136 Sam Houston State AA = 55.32
137 Cal Poly-SLO AA = 55.23

sambini
09-30-2007, 02:21 PM
Thanks Gully

TheDoctor
09-30-2007, 03:18 PM
I love how Notre Dame falls in the middle of the AA's. WOW! ;)

onbison09
09-30-2007, 03:43 PM
I love how Notre Dame falls in the middle of the AA's. WOW! ;)
And they think they are an elite program. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Flintstone
09-30-2007, 04:35 PM

I am a Notre Dame fan.

They are terrible this year. Way too young. Give them a year and they will be a decent football team. Their freshman and sophmore classes are loaded and they currently have the #1 rated recruiting class coming in for next year. The talent is there, it's awfully tough when the majority of your starters are 19 & 20 years old plaing against 22 & 23 year olds. They looked alright on O the second half yesterday although Purdue's defense isn't very tough. I think they will proably loose their next 3 games but should finish the year with 4 wins. The haters better get their shots in this year because they will be a pretty good team next year and outstanding the year after.

With all of that said, I would take Craig Bohl over Charlie Weis as a head coach any day, and yes, I do think the Bison would beat them this year.

sway1331
09-30-2007, 05:07 PM
Anyone know what is the highest NDSU has ever been ranked (Sagarin)?

Bison bison
09-30-2007, 07:26 PM
that would be 62.

semobison
09-30-2007, 07:57 PM

Who is they? Im not an Notre Dame fan but for most of the 20th century THEY defined college football! THEY have a major TV network contract. This is an alltime low for them, but lets not disrepect their program, its tradition and what they have done for college football! Sad post!

SlickVic
09-30-2007, 08:10 PM
I am a Notre Dame fan.

They are terrible this year. Way too young. Give them a year and they will be a decent football team. Their freshman and sophmore classes are loaded and they currently have the #1 rated recruiting class coming in for next year. The talent is there, it's awfully tough when the majority of your starters are 19 & 20 years old plaing against 22 & 23 year olds. They looked alright on O the second half yesterday although Purdue's defense isn't very tough. I think they will proably loose their next 3 games but should finish the year with 4 wins. The haters better get their shots in this year because they will be a pretty good team next year and outstanding the year after.

With all of that said, I would take Craig Bohl over Charlie Weis as a head coach any day, and yes, I do think the Bison would beat them this year.

i'd take brewster over charile weis as head coach any day, i mean at least he's sweet to look at on the sidelines...i just love brewsters face i burst out laughing almost everytime i see him...he looks just like my boy hubie

onbison09
09-30-2007, 08:47 PM
OK so they beat one ranked team maybe on their slate per year. Then go to a BCS game and get the sh** kicked out of them. I didn't mean it like they are a bad team I'm just saying their sh** stinks too. They are a great historic college football team, no one will argue that but most of the other programs have caught up to them. There is no way they deserve that NBC contract, the only reason they have it is ratings. Flame away.

Gully
09-30-2007, 08:53 PM
OK so they beat one ranked team maybe on their slate per year. Then go to a BCS game and get the sh** kicked out of them. I didn't mean it like they are a bad team I'm just saying their sh** stinks too. They are a great historic college football team, no one will argue that but most of the other programs have caught up to them. There is no way they deserve that NBC contract, the only reason they have it is ratings. Flame away.

Isn't that (ratings) exactly why they do deserve it? TV is all about ratings.

Flintstone
09-30-2007, 10:06 PM
TV Ratings are the same reason you see them in the BCS Bowl Games. They are a huge national draw wherever they play. Their fans travel very well and people tune in to watch them play on TV. The only BCS game that matters is the championship game, the others pick who they want based on what they think will get them the best TV ratings and bring the most people to their bowl city.

They are a lot like the Yankees. Poeple either love them or hate them, there's not much in between.

56BISON73
10-01-2007, 01:22 AM

They dont deserve their FBS contract either. PL

Hammerhead
10-01-2007, 02:59 AM
I like the fact that NDSU is ranked above Minnesota!

BisonBlitz
10-01-2007, 01:30 PM
I don't. the higher Minnesota's ranking when we beat them the higher we'll continue to climb!

The Bison could actually be the favorites in this game with the gophers as the underdog!

bisonaudit
10-01-2007, 04:47 PM
I don't. the higher Minnesota's ranking when we beat them the higher we'll continue to climb!

The Bison could actually be the favorites in this game with the gophers as the underdog!

I'd be shocked if that happened. U of M will be favored and Slick Vic's 5 star play stone cold lead pipe lock of the week will be NDSU and the points!

Tatanka
10-01-2007, 04:53 PM
I'd be shocked if that happened. U of M will be favored and Slick Vic's 5 star play stone cold lead pipe lock of the week will be NDSU and the points!
++
Rep points just for that phrase. Beautiful!

jeffdaryl3rd
10-01-2007, 06:05 PM

They are still considered "elite" because despite being on track for less than a handful of wins, they still have ESPN.com's top ranked recruiting class for next year. That is just name recognition at work.

jeffdaryl3rd
10-01-2007, 06:11 PM
The fact that NDSU at this point looks like the better team and maybe should be favored doesn't mean they will be. I don't think I've ever seen a FCS team favored over a FBS team and it is unlikely to happen against a BCS conference team.

bisonaudit
10-01-2007, 07:00 PM
FYI: There's still preseason bias in half the Sagarin calculation being discussed here. I would guess that after next week he'll throw that out and it'll be straight computer work from that point forward.