PDA

View Full Version : Richard Bowman update

tony
09-27-2007, 07:04 AM
Bowman relieved injury isn’t worse, Jeff Kolpack, The Forum (http://www.in-forum.com/Sports/articles/179363)

Holy cow, looks like this was a "lucky" injury because he found out about a potentially dangerous condition. I think the surgery they are attempting to fix him up is pretty new. I sure hope it helps me make a full recovery (getting him back on the field next year would be bonus). It actually sounds like Bowman's recovery period will be less than Brower's (ACL)... speaking of which, I sure hope things go well for Brower too.

BisBison
09-27-2007, 12:19 PM
Bowman relieved injury isn’t worse, Jeff Kolpack, The Forum (http://www.in-forum.com/Sports/articles/179363)

Holy cow, looks like this was a "lucky" injury because he found out about a potentially dangerous condition. I think the surgery they are attempting to fix him up is pretty new. I sure hope it helps me make a full recovery (getting him back on the field next year would be bonus). It actually sounds like Bowman's recovery period will be less than Brower's (ACL)... speaking of which, I sure hope things go well for Brower too.

It also shows the quality of health care we have up here. The doctors down in Houston brushed it off as nothing serious. Here they took it seriously and are treating a situation which has the potential of becoming very serious.

bisonaudit
09-27-2007, 03:21 PM
I don't know if it's the exact same condition but the eldest of the Manning brothers hung up his sholder pads in high school because of a narrowing of the spine. Perhaps this procedure didn't exist 10 years ago but this condition is clearly nothing to mess around with and I hope they are extremely careful in evaluating his ability to return to the playing field. All the best to Richard, his family and the medical staff who are looking after him.

mn-bison
09-27-2007, 03:35 PM
Isn't this also what caused Michael Irvin (Cowboys) to retire?

NDFAN2
09-27-2007, 03:45 PM
Isn't this also what caused Michael Irvin (Cowboys) to retire?

No, I think it was because Irvin pushed the defensive back off on every play, and the league was starting to crack down on that.

Green-N-Gold
09-27-2007, 05:00 PM
Or maybe it was:
"Hey Mike, you gotta layoff the drugs and hookers if you want to keep playing."

And Mike says, "no thanks"

jeffdaryl3rd
09-27-2007, 06:04 PM
Marcus McNeill, the starting left offensive tackle for the San Diego Chargers has spinal stenosis. Obviously specifics probably vary from person to person, but it is at least theoretically possible to play football with this condition. Obviously the priority is to get him healthy for life though, with football being a bonus at this point.

bisonaudit
09-27-2007, 07:43 PM
How anyone can take a dig at Michael Irvin after his speech in Canton is beyond me.

IBleedYellow
09-27-2007, 09:13 PM
When I read this in the paper this morning it was great to read. Seems like people down south don't care about spinal injuries as much, though. Because if you read the article it states that the doctors down where he's from say it's not that serious, while the ones up here said it was. I'm just glad that he'll be able to have a normal life. And if he feels he can, play football again.

CaBisonFan
09-27-2007, 11:12 PM

Do you think that Brower will be back next year? What's his status?

jeffdaryl3rd
09-28-2007, 03:18 AM
It sounds like Bowman will be able to play next year, but that is obviously not the priority for him. Brower, who knows? Depends how he responds after surgery but I'm guessing he won't be 100% until some point after the first game next year.