PDA

View Full Version : CAL Davis Band

DIGRAPPLER
09-26-2007, 02:13 AM
If my memory is correct the Davis band performed at the FFD the last time they were in Fargo. Does anyone know if they will be here this year? A little bit quirky, but a lot of fun to watch!

Tatanka
09-26-2007, 02:16 AM
Yes, they rock! For a bunch of granola munching tree hugging flannel types they sure know how to make some noise. Hopefully they come with!

BigDeal
09-26-2007, 02:25 AM
They generally try to take some sort of pep band to all away games. I think much of their cost is out of pocket. I think they were in the north end zone when they were here two years ago. Game attendance, although even two years ago, was nothing what it is now so they had a lot of room up there. Not sure how that's going to play out this year. Regardless, I did hear a rumor earlier in the year that they would be making a trip. They're one of the more fun bands to watch in the conference. Plus, I had a chance to hang with them for a few minutes and they're a fun group of people.

BigBison
09-26-2007, 07:10 AM
The Band-Uh! I've seen there youtube videos they are a fun band to watch I'd like to see the Gold Star Band close to that of Davis's in a 2-3 years. I guess it would be kinda cool to have there band here, give it more of a rivaly feel. I like to think of NDSU vs Davis as kinda like Norte Dame vs USC, west coast vs midwest, but were a hell of alot better than ND. :D Relativity speaking.

NDSU1980
09-26-2007, 05:58 PM
I suppose we could do like UND did to our pep band in the late 70's. They were banned from playing at UND basketball games. They just came up with a rule that said no visiting bands. Apparently they thought it would take away their home court advantage. Seems like there is no trick the sioux won't pull to try to get the upper hand. As I recall, our band showed up at UND and all of them played kazoo's. Guess we still showed them.

CaBisonFan
09-26-2007, 08:10 PM
Yes, they rock! For a bunch of granola munching tree hugging flannel types they sure know how to make some noise. Hopefully they come with!

That's a stereotype. It's kinda like people thinking that everyone from the Dakotas and Minnesota are like the people in the movie 'Fargo.'

westriver bison
09-26-2007, 09:01 PM
That's a stereotype. It's kinda like people thinking that everyone from the Dakotas and Minnesota are like the people in the movie 'Fargo.'

OOFDA - Ya mean we're not?:bow:

Tatanka
09-27-2007, 01:18 AM
No offense meant there CA but I had some lengthy conversation with several of the band members the last time they were in town (because I thought they were awesome), and I'll stand by my assessment. :nod: