PDA

View Full Version : Western Illinois on TV

BisonBrewer
09-26-2007, 12:46 AM
Does anyone know if the bars will have the game on again this weekend?

Playmakers?

Labby's?

O'Kelly's?

tjbison
09-26-2007, 01:46 AM
Keep an eye on this thread!:)

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10650

Thundarette05
09-26-2007, 03:22 AM
Does anyone know if the bars will have the game on again this weekend?

Playmakers?

Labby's?

O'Kelly's?

Hi Bison Brewer,
I asked the manager at Playmakers when I was there last Saturday if they were going to have the Western Illinois game and he said YES! You may want to call and confirm in case there was a change in plans between now and then. I haven't heard anything about the others.

UTH
09-26-2007, 03:37 AM
Bismarck - has anyone called around to ask? I did for last week's game and got answers ranging from 'hell no' to 'don't think we can' to the lies I heard at Stadium.

Anyone have other leads in Bismarck?

4mcruenomore
09-26-2007, 01:52 PM
No luck in bismarck.

X-Factor
09-26-2007, 05:31 PM
Labby's is a go. Last week the feed kept cutting out, did that happen at any of the other bars? Very frustrating to see the play in action then nothing, then 2 minutes later hear we scored a TD on that play!

heymch86
09-26-2007, 05:48 PM
at playmakers it didnt cut out once

imabison
09-26-2007, 06:20 PM
Bismarck - has anyone called around to ask? I did for last week's game and got answers ranging from 'hell no' to 'don't think we can' to the lies I heard at Stadium.

Anyone have other leads in Bismarck?
Here is what you have to do to the ones that said they thought it was illegal.

They can show it, but cannot advertise it. They cannot charge a cover charge to get in.

roadwarrior
09-26-2007, 06:39 PM
Playmakers will have the WIU game.

imported_Bisongold
09-26-2007, 08:21 PM
Dakota Roadhouse Sports Bar in New Rockford will carry the game and for under 21 the Latte Lobby in New Rockford will carry it also.

Da_Bizon
09-26-2007, 08:26 PM
I called Labby's and it sounds like they are going to be showing the game :-p

ndsubison1
09-26-2007, 09:14 PM
i doubt it will be on in Bismarck. Bismarck is a UND town

99Bison
09-26-2007, 09:15 PM
i doubt it will be on in Bismarck. Bismarck is a UND town

Doesn't matter. If enough people ask they'll put it on.

imabison
09-26-2007, 10:35 PM
Playmakers will have the WIU game.
Just heard its very probably that BWW north will have the game. They feel like they dropped the ball by not having it last weekend. DO YOU THINK!!!

BisonBrewer
09-27-2007, 01:33 AM
I was at Labby's last week. They did a decent job with the game. One of the managers said that this was their first attempt at doing this and apologized for any glitches before hand.

The game was on all TVs and looked pretty nice on the big plasmas.

There were a few lock-ups on the feed and they had to reboot the system a couple of times. I blame that in the Bison. They were scoring much to fast for streaming video!

All in all it was a good experience. The place had a Fargodome atmosphere to it without the "living dead" aspect.

Might try BWW North this week if they DO have the game.

funteddy
09-27-2007, 02:14 AM
Chub's

Labby's

For Sure

sambini
09-27-2007, 02:20 AM
Chubs Pub longtime Teammakers support those that support the BISON+++

BisonBrewer
09-27-2007, 02:22 AM
Just a thought.

Wouldn't it be great if the Fargodome would put it on the corner screens and allow us to tailgate INSIDE for the whole game.

Hmmm.

I either have had too much to drink OR not quite enough.

BisonBrewer
09-28-2007, 01:33 AM
Add Buffalo Wild Wings - North to the list of bars showing the internet feed of the game this weekend. I spoke to one of the managers face to face earlier this evening and he assured me that the game will be on.

As a recap, we have:

Playmakers

Chubs

Labby's

BWW North
(someone on the Southside should check out that location)

If anyone knows of other locations in the FM area, please add to the list.

Get out to one of these Bison watering holes and support the management and the team.

the march is ON!

bisoneer
09-28-2007, 01:51 AM
Can someone pipe it into my dish in extreme NW Minnesota? GO BISON!!!

lakesbison
09-28-2007, 02:13 AM
O Kelleys!! Has It!!

BisonBrewer
09-28-2007, 02:18 AM
I think that I heard that the Old Broadway had the Central Michigan game. If so, maybe that will be another location on Saturday.

TheDoctor
09-28-2007, 02:54 AM
Dakota Roadhouse Sports Bar in New Rockford will carry the game and for under 21 the Latte Lobby in New Rockford will carry it also.

Glad to hear your giving Belquist his due there in good ol' NR. We'll have to meet at Hansen's when I "Flock to the Rock!" next summer for the wife, father-in-law and mother-in-law's all school reunion! ;)

Bisonguy
09-30-2007, 03:46 PM
Who watched where, how was the crowd, and how was the video quality?

I was at Playmaker's, the bar was full (although there weren't as many standing around), the House of Rock was full, and the Skyboxes were full.

Video quality was good for the webcast- video didn't lock up other than when it was on WIU's end.

SDbison
09-30-2007, 04:02 PM
I watched the game in the HD demo room at work. I eventually moved back to my office since the display on the plasma's didn't look that great. I thought the video quality for the CMU game was significantly better (also the announcers for the CMU game were light years ahead of the bozo's doing the WIU game). Never had any lock ups of the video for the WIU game, although I locked up my computer at my desk trying to open too many browsers to read Bisonville and other sports websites. No crowd at work, although I did call to talk with Bisonguy and Bisonsig at Playmakers. Can't wait for homecoming next week!