PDA

View Full Version : It gets harder from here?

bisonaudit
09-24-2007, 02:55 PM
I checked the Sagarin ratings this morning. Now let me preface this by saying that his model still has some weight on the preseason rankings because we're not far enough into the schedule yet so all of this needs to taken w/ a grain of salt, but...

The Sagarin model is saying that 6 or our final 8 opponents are better than Sam Houston State!

Even if that's only half right there's a ton of work left to be done.

OldBison
09-24-2007, 05:42 PM
I checked the Sagarin ratings this morning. Now let me preface this by saying that his model still has some weight on the preseason rankings because we're not far enough into the schedule yet so all of this needs to taken w/ a grain of salt, but...

The Sagarin model is saying that 6 or our final 8 opponents are better than Sam Houston State!

Even if that's only half right there's a ton of work left to be done.

I believe that! Our Great West opponents, with the exception of S. Utah, should be better than SHSU. Western ILL this week, Illinois St and the Gophers are all better as well. MVS will not be as good.

W ILL will be tough. They dismantled SFA, something we didn't do this year or last. Hopefully the CMU celebration is over and it's back to work for the Herd. I would hate to see us play this week as we did last year after we beat Ball St. The SFA game was uncomfortably close in the second half.

Mr_Meanor
09-24-2007, 05:48 PM
I don't think Cal Davis, Cal Poly, and SDSU are going to be better teams that SHSU. They games might be tougher since they are conference games but I think SHSU is better than those teams.

TransAmBison
09-24-2007, 05:52 PM
I don't think Cal Davis, Cal Poly, and SDSU are going to be better teams that SHSU. They games might be tougher since they are conference games but I think SHSU is better than those teams.
I would change that to Bomar is better than those teams, but the rest of SHSU isn't as good as those teams. Without Bomar that wouldn't have been a game at all.

NDSUstudent
09-24-2007, 05:59 PM
SHSU's big problem is the two DII's game its played, win or lose they'll probably move up after playing Ok State this weekend.

SlickVic
09-24-2007, 06:21 PM
I believe that! Our Great West opponents, with the exception of S. Utah, should be better than SHSU. Western ILL this week, Illinois St and the Gophers are all better as well. MVS will not be as good.

W ILL will be tough. They dismantled SFA, something we didn't do this year or last. Hopefully the CMU celebration is over and it's back to work for the Herd. I would hate to see us play this week as we did last year after we beat Ball St. The SFA game was uncomfortably close in the second half.

i wouldnt call western ills win at SFA a dismantaling...sfa hasnt won a game and from looking at the stats it was only a 6 point game going into the forth...im thinking the most dangerous weapon western ill has is there kicker...kid had 2 bombs 50 and 55 yard field goals...thats pretty sick..i would assume he got named special teams player of the week...dont see the western ill being tough what so ever and if it wasnt for there kicker id go so far as to predict a shut out

99Bison
09-25-2007, 04:05 AM
SHSU's big problem is the two DII's game its played, win or lose they'll probably move up after playing Ok State this weekend.

Didn't hurt Montana :-) :nod: :banghead: