PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin recruiting

tony
09-24-2007, 03:42 AM
I was going to bring this up before but forgot. NDSU recruits against MAC schools in Wisconsin a fair bit - I can't help but wonder if the combination of beating up on the defending MAC champ and moving to a conference that is in WI's backyard will help recruiting in the Land o' Cheese.

I saw a couple familiar names on the CMU roster. I think that NDSU has considerable interest in Brian Brunner, a QB, and the true freshman linebacker Nick Bellore (to me, Bellore looked like the best player on their defense, but I'm hoping to rewatch the game so I might change my mind).

Anybody else remember any head-to-head recruiting battles with MAC teams? I have to think that Northern Illinois is the main competition... those guys loot WI every year. Maybe NDSU can't start winning more of these battles this year.

X-Factor
09-24-2007, 03:56 AM
We have already won several recruiting battles with MAC. Derrius Colvin and Garett Johnson come to mind off the top of my head.

I don't think we need to be concerned about recruiting against the MAC, that is easy. I believe we are already winning that battle, the next step is to win a couple consistently against the Gophers.

jeffdaryl3rd
09-24-2007, 01:53 PM
We are never going to consistently beat Minnesota for top talent, but what we hopefully can do is start getting a player off of them here and there.

bisondad
09-24-2007, 04:32 PM
Talked with a Dad and high school player (linebacker) from Indiana on Saturday at the game. His son is being recruited by CMU, U of Indiana, Purdue, etc. he's probably going to Purdue. They knew nothing about NDSU until Saturday, but they sure liked what they saw. Asked alot of questions about NDSU, about our conference, liked that we were going to the Gateway, etc. Playing well against these teams is the best advertising we can get. Go Bison

KC Bison
09-24-2007, 05:17 PM
A helpful fan (and Dad) can also help swing recruits in new direction.

Bisonguy
09-24-2007, 07:36 PM
A helpful fan (and Dad) can also help swing recruits in new direction.
A helpful fan will direct recruits to the coaches. :nod:

X-Factor
09-24-2007, 08:12 PM
We are never going to consistently beat Minnesota for top talent, but what we hopefully can do is start getting a player off of them here and there.

I guess that is what I was referring to. Maybe get one or two players a year that might have connections with NDSU.