PDA

View Full Version : I know we are 3-0, but....

bisonpride4ever
09-24-2007, 12:07 AM
We've gotten off to another 3-0 start. Alot of people think after the central mich game we have everything pretty much under control, i know i have read it on AGS, but there are still some stuff that troubles me. Such as

1. 31-260, that is our number of penalties and our penalty yards. if my Hillsboro math serves me right that is just over 10 a game almost 87 yards a game. We need to address this or it is gonna burn us. We had 10 penalties Saturday.

2. I know we are trying to address it more and more and he played great late but I still think we need to spell Tyler a little more. The radio guys even said he looked hurt during a good bit of the game. I know he is a tough hombre but the way he runs i don't know if he can hold up.

3. These mobile QB's still scare me we did good Saturday but Central Michigan's QB just played terrible. I know the goof's game is not for a bit and they are horrible on D, but weber when he runs is pretty good. he's the only thing that scares me going into that game his mobility. I don't know what style team western ill is, i know they are run orientated or they used to be and they have a solid RB, but I don't think our D has done enough to make future opponents think against running a spread offense with a mobile QB.

Other than that the Bison are a salty group, we are playing awesome right now but i think we can be better and these were some things that still stuck out to me.

CaBisonFan
09-24-2007, 12:17 AM
We've gotten off to another 3-0 start. Alot of people think after the central mich game we have everything pretty much under control, i know i have read it on AGS, but there are still some stuff that troubles me. Such as

1. 31-260, that is our number of penalties and our penalty yards. if my Hillsboro math serves me right that is just over 10 a game almost 87 yards a game. We need to address this or it is gonna burn us. We had 10 penalties Saturday.

2. I know we are trying to address it more and more and he played great late but I still think we need to spell Tyler a little more. The radio guys even said he looked hurt during a good bit of the game. I know he is a tough hombre but the way he runs i don't know if he can hold up.

3. These mobile QB's still scare me we did good Saturday but Central Michigan's QB just played terrible. I know the goof's game is not for a bit and they are horrible on D, but weber when he runs is pretty good. he's the only thing that scares me going into that game his mobility. I don't know what style team western ill is, i know they are run orientated or they used to be and they have a solid RB, but I don't think our D has done enough to make future opponents think against running a spread offense with a mobile QB.

Other than that the Bison are a salty group, we are playing awesome right now but i think we can be better and these were some things that still stuck out to me.

I agree with your Burro math, which is amazing since I grew up in Mayville. But I won't hold it against you, if you won't hold it against me. OK? Just kidding.

It seems like the offenses are getting ahead of the defenses in college football. That 'spread' thing is really something. If you have an enormously talented quarterback with a brain, and speed, it makes for an almost unstoppable situation. Your defense has to be extemely quick and athletic to have a prayer.

BisonNeil
09-24-2007, 12:30 AM

Agreed! My hope is though, that this can be and will be corrected. The personal foul penalties were down this game, but lots of illegal motion, illegal formation, off sides, etc. Coaches can correct those I think.