PDA

View Full Version : Something Has Me Worried...

No_Skill
09-23-2007, 09:18 PM
The thing that has me worried, is that I'm not worried about the rest of the season. :blush:

I think the hardest part of our schedule is over and we haven't hit confernce play yet. Minnesota probably has the best shot at giving us a L, but at this point you can make a case for us being the favorites for that game. I know...a lot of season left, but I think we have a damn good shot at 11-0 if we stay healthy.

Could CaBisonFan be right?

onbison09
09-23-2007, 10:15 PM
I haven't worried about a Bison game in a long time I'm just that confident in this team. I didn't think we would beat the Chips I KNEW we would.

Swaghook
09-23-2007, 10:40 PM
I'm as confident as anyone but I still worry every week.

CaBisonFan
09-24-2007, 12:08 AM
The thing that has me worried, is that I'm not worried about the rest of the season. :blush:

I think the hardest part of our schedule is over and we haven't hit confernce play yet. Minnesota probably has the best shot at giving us a L, but at this point you can make a case for us being the favorites for that game. I know...a lot of season left, but I think we have a damn good shot at 11-0 if we stay healthy.

Could CaBisonFan be right?

I could be right...but I could be very wrong. I'm a sometimes fatal optimist.

Here's another opinion that I wrote about this summer. I think that SDSU is potentially the biggest roadblock on the schedule. It's rarely been easy to play in Brookings, and now they seem to have a good program going.

Tatanka
09-24-2007, 12:18 AM
I could be right...but I could be very wrong. I'm a sometimes fatal optimist.

Here's another opinion that I wrote about this summer. I think that SDSU is potentially the biggest roadblock on the schedule. It's rarely been easy to play in Brookings, and now they seem to have a good program going.
Quoted for 100% agreement.

BisonBrewer
09-24-2007, 01:58 AM
Agreed!

Brooking is ALWAYS tough.

We must remember that at this level we should never overlook ANY opponent!

On Any Given Saturday... anyone can walk away with a WIN regardless of the level of competition!

The BISON will always set the level of competition but that doesn't necessarily guarantee a win!

onbison09
09-24-2007, 01:59 AM
It doesn't matter about the records, scores, etc. in rivalry games. Brookings is also a tough place to play. I'm not saying I don't worry every week (I am German) but I always have the confidence we will get it done. Bohl just instills that in people. That being said, I'm worried about a "let-down" game next week.

davamundo
09-24-2007, 05:44 AM
I live in Minneapolis and every Gopher fan I talk to thinks the Bison are going to take it to the Gophers. As a Bison fan, I would rather be the underdog on this one, then destroy them.

****Although the Gophers were already worried, I can tell you all one thing after the Bison destroyed Central Michigan this Saturday.......The Gopher fans, players and especially their new coach are "Sh.tt.ng their Pants"!

I wouldn't be surprised to see Sid Hartman (Startribune Sportscaster) predict a Bison Win. That's a bold statement.

tcbison
09-24-2007, 03:25 PM
I live in Minneapolis and every Gopher fan I talk to thinks the Bison are going to take it to the Gophers. As a Bison fan, I would rather be the underdog on this one, then destroy them.

I totally agree. One thing I know about Minnesota sports is when all their fans think they are going to lose then they actually win! The same is true when all their fans think they are going to win then they lose...

KC Bison
09-24-2007, 05:13 PM
After WI's big win against SFA, the Bison can't afford to take this week off. I'll bet that other than the S. Utah and maybe the Miss. Valley games that there will reason for concern every week the rest of the way. Than again, there is pressure to beat S. Utah by a better score than UND beat them.

SlickVic
09-24-2007, 06:40 PM
After WI's big win against SFA, the Bison can't afford to take this week off. I'll bet that other than the S. Utah and maybe the Miss. Valley games that there will reason for concern every week the rest of the way. Than again, there is pressure to beat S. Utah by a better score than UND beat them.

id like to know what exactly is so big about western ills win at SFA? SFA hasn't won a game and looking at the numbers on that game it was far from a "big win"...western illinois will not run the ball on the bison...there is no reason to be concerned KC...at least not this week ;)

NDSUstudent
09-24-2007, 11:32 PM
WIU averages 266 yards rushing per game but only 103 yards through the air.

WIU gives up an average of 166 yards on the ground and 123.2 through the air.

Their QB Matt Barr isn't a threat to pass but does average a little under 50 yards per game running the ball.

If WIU is really that unbalanced I think they are in trouble, if you can't pass against our defense Mays and Crew will make the day a long one. Another factor is that WIU hasn't really played a team that can pass like NDSU can so it should be interesting to see how they handle it. This is a favorable match-up for NDSU and as long as mistakes are kept in check the Bison will have a great chance to win this one.

IBleedYellow
09-25-2007, 12:25 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Sid Hartman (Startribune Sportscaster) predict a Bison Win. That's a bold statement.

If Sid does that, the world is coming to an end. Or maybe Bison football has just rolled into town. Your choice.

I'm mad that I won't be able to go to the Gophers game, but you can be damn sure I'll be watching every minute of it on the TV. I'd really like to see Bibeau kick a game winner from about 45+ yards out. But that's just me.

KC Bison
09-28-2007, 04:29 PM
Of course Sid couldn't bring himself to admit that NDSU should be favored. Sid will remain loyal to that sinking Gopher ship til the end. But, he does have to admit that it will be a battle.

Sid Hartman Mpls Tribune, Sept 28, 2007
"I believe the only game they will be favored the rest of the season is when they play North Dakota State here. And that could be a battle like it was last year."

Bisonguy
09-28-2007, 04:47 PM
Of course Sid couldn't bring himself to admit that NDSU should be favored. Sid will remain loyal to that sinking Gopher ship til the end. But, he does have to admit that it will be a battle.

Sid Hartman Mpls Tribune, Sept 28, 2007
"I believe the only game they will be favored the rest of the season is when they play North Dakota State here. And that could be a battle like it was last year."

That's about the best possible compliment Sid could give NDSU.