PDA

View Full Version : Hug a Lineman Today!

Go_Herd
09-23-2007, 02:45 PM
I was watching the game yesterday with the internet video feed. I was honestly worried about our d-line and o-line going up against a team with bigger depth than us. I figured that would be the difference in the game.

I have never seen a more dominating performance of an o-line in my four years of watching NDSU. I used to be a lineman for a high school down in SD, so I frequently just watch the lineman during most of the plays. Complete domination. The D-line was suprisinly spectacular, i was impressed.

1. How many times did Walker get sacked?

2. How many times did Walker even feel pressure?

3. Wasn't it comical to watch those play-action bootlegs with the pulling gaurd and he just stands out there in the flat in front of Steve Walker because there is no-one to block.

4. Some big holes for Roehl. (On a side note, It seems like Roehl looks for contact, seems also that (he could of/or should of) cut back or looked to the outside to break it open)

4. D-Line got a lot of pressure on LeFevour.

so in conclusion give some respect to our front five they played a heck of a game yesterday.

SlickVic
09-23-2007, 06:34 PM
yeah the d line is just fine...joe lardinois #54 is not blockable and i think shamen washington deserves a hug as well

onbison09
09-23-2007, 08:20 PM
Shamen is a beast and a difference maker. Total stud!!!!

Jdubs21
09-23-2007, 08:54 PM
i think instead of callin shamen my his name.....jsut call him GC...for GAME CHANGER!!!

BigBison
09-23-2007, 10:59 PM
Yeah the linemen are really unsung heros if you ask me. They gave Walker plenty of time to pass, opened up holes, and put the pressure on the Chips QB. You gotta control the line to win. Just look at last years BCS national chamionship game Flordia was all over Troy Smith. If you give the QB all the time in the world grandma moses could be back there making passes(I'm not knocking Walker).