PDA

View Full Version : What should NDSU be ranked now?

ndsubison1
09-22-2007, 10:52 PM
I'd say put em 1st since App. St. lost...

CaBisonFan
09-22-2007, 10:58 PM
I'd say put em 1st since App. St. lost...

should be #1

stpaulbison
09-22-2007, 11:01 PM
Mass will be #1

Gully
09-22-2007, 11:02 PM
NDSU should be #1 and should be favored against everybody left on the schedule, including the Golden Goophers.

Herd
09-22-2007, 11:02 PM
I don't know, that was a big win by Montana, don't you think?

mt_bison
09-22-2007, 11:07 PM
Albany was not a big win... but if you look at the Griz schedule, I guess it was...

CaBisonFan
09-22-2007, 11:13 PM
I don't know, that was a big win by Montana, don't you think?

Montana doesn't expose themselves to a major challenge very often...and still, they get the ranking breaks.

Jdubs21
09-22-2007, 11:14 PM
thats because they are national champions

Jdubs21
09-22-2007, 11:15 PM
or have a national championship that is recent

NDSUstudent
09-22-2007, 11:16 PM
My poll....
1.UNI
2.NDSU
3.UMASS
4.McNeese State
5.Wofford
6.Motana

I know we crushed CMU but I'll play the wait and see game before putting the Bison in #1 spot. UNI has been pretty impressive thus far.

Go_Herd
09-22-2007, 11:18 PM
My poll....
1.UNI
2.NDSU
3.UMASS
4.McNeese State
5.Wofford
6.Motana

I know we crushed CMU but I'll play the wait and see game before putting the Bison in #1 spot. UNI has been pretty impressive thus far.

Yeah I will agree with that

NDSUFREAK
09-22-2007, 11:18 PM
numero uno. The BISON showed their strength today BIG TIME.

tony
09-22-2007, 11:19 PM
There's no race to get to #1. NDSU looked a little shaky the first two games, let's just move up a couple slots and get in position (but, duh, NDSU should be #1).

NDSU1980
09-22-2007, 11:30 PM
The thing about being number 1 is that everyone is gunning for you then. I'd rather move up a couple now, and then wind up in number 1 later in the season, then stay there.

onbison09
09-22-2007, 11:32 PM
Everyone will gun for us anyways. It comes with the territory.

No_Skill
09-22-2007, 11:37 PM
The thing about being number 1 is that everyone is gunning for you then. I'd rather move up a couple now, and then wind up in number 1 later in the season, then stay there.

There is no possible scenario where the pollsters would allow NDSU to finish #1. Even if we go 11-0 crushing every opponent it won't happen.

bisonaudit
09-22-2007, 11:40 PM
I love how we get no respect yet everyone is gunning for us all at the same time.

At least next year we'll be rid of all this conjecture and have a chance to prove it on the field.

BisonBabe
09-23-2007, 12:45 AM
I would say we deserve #1 and would like to vote that way on the poll but will it be thrown out as a homer vote? Or will others also show us some support?

Bisonguy
09-23-2007, 12:48 AM
I would say we deserve #1 and would like to vote that way on the poll but will it be thrown out as a homer vote? Or will others also show us some support?

IMO there's valid reasoning to put NDSU at #1 this week. If App State didn't lose, it probably would be viewed as a homer vote.

I don't know if I would vote NDSU at #1, but the argument can definitely be made.

No_Skill
09-23-2007, 12:50 AM
There is a thread over on AGS about who should be #1. I saw at least 2 ASU fans who said they will put NDSU @#1.

Wow

SlickVic
My poll....
1.UNI
2.NDSU
3.UMASS
4.McNeese State
5.Wofford
6.Motana

where's appy? no way they drop out of the top 5...

tjbison
Last week we drop in the polls after beating the #14 team, Montana stays #2?? This week there should be no excuse for at least a #3 vote.... right???? The team I seen tonight was NOT a #5 or 6 team

GO BISON!!!!

Bisonguy
09-23-2007, 01:14 AM
There is a thread over on AGS about who should be #1. I saw at least 2 ASU fans who said they will put NDSU @#1.

Wow

Not suprising. ASU fans are some of the most knowledgable on AGS.

Here's the link to the thread- http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29714

bisoneer
09-23-2007, 01:54 AM
NDSU should be #1 and should be favored against everybody left on the schedule, including the Golden Goophers.

WE should be #1, you've got to go with your heart right now after this huge win against CMU. They had a qb who was touted to be higher than Bomar and look what we did against them!!!! Awesome. Man I bet RT is really scatching his old bald head now huh?

Herd
09-23-2007, 01:56 AM
I don't think its in our best interest as Bison fans to battle with others on AGS about the rankings. Let's just keep winning games. If we keep winning, the rankings will take care of themselves.:nod:

BisonBabe
09-23-2007, 02:01 AM
I will fill my ballot out this week like every other week. I am leaning toward putting us #1 for the first time. But as always I will not put my ballot up for others to see come Monday afternoon. I think we deserve #1 but doubt that we will get it on AGS or on any other poll. I am so glad this is our last year of not being eligible.

NDSUstudent
09-23-2007, 02:02 AM
Listen to this comment from a Griz fan....

It's not that Montana fans don't wish to give "due credit" to the NDSU football team. It's more likely that we are annoyed by the arrogance of those Bison fans who, in an attempt to mitigate their own feelings of inadequacy, compensate by unreasonably targeting us. It is easy to point fingers and suggest that the Montana schedule is based on something other than economics, while glossing over the fact that in the last two years you have beaten no play-off teams and count among your "trophy wins", a victory over CMU - a team with 1 win in 4 games (and that against winless Toledo). I point this out, not to minimize the accomplishments of the fine NDSU program (which I respect greatly), but rather to "ground" those overly enamored of the letters "FBS" (and those Ralph would accuse of drinking too much Kool-aid).

You are funny people. Out of one side of your mouth, you complain about lack of respect you get from those who question your credentials and out of the other side of your mouth you proclaim Albany and SUU to be "cupcakes". Albany is probably better than you give them credit for, and SUU might look much better than they do if their schedule didn't make yours look pathetic by comparison. I'll not apologize for Fort Lewis, it seems many schools have their Ft.Lewises, Lenoir-Rhynes, WestChesters, etc. The only difference between Montana, App, Delaware, and NDSU, is that NDSU moved up a level to find their "cupcake" ....BFD.
You will play many teams better than CMU this year.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showpost.php?p=660611&postcount=28

bisoneer
09-23-2007, 02:02 AM
Yes, win win win!!!! Is there any game clips out there yet, wasnt much on ch. 4, 6 or 11 sports at 6pm?

NDSUstudent
09-23-2007, 02:03 AM
Yes, win win win!!!! Is there any game clips out there yet, wasnt much on ch. 4, 6 or 11 sports at 6pm?

Hallstrom was saying they'll have a lot of highlights at 10PM.

jeffdaryl3rd
09-23-2007, 02:19 AM
I think that NDSU has to slide into one of the top two spots and based on what I'm seeing right now against Purdue (down 24-3 in the 2nd quarter) I think they will or should be favored against Minnesota.

Bisonguy
09-23-2007, 04:08 AM
Listen to this comment from a Griz fan....

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showpost.php?p=660611&postcount=28

You have to keep in mind WHICH Griz fan posted that.

That's the same Griz fan that posted about the Montana bookstore having to order more jackets because the Griz were going to win the national championship a few years ago. :nod: He's far and away the biggest Griz homer.

Da_Bison
09-23-2007, 07:04 AM
We play great 1 week and most of you want to vote us #1, come one people...we could very easily be 2-1 right now and sitting at #10, I'd say you're jumping the gun a little. Do I think we may be the best team in FCS, very possibly, yes. But I'd say give it a couple weeks. I've seen way to many times when people get cocky and the wheels fall off.

Da_Bison
09-23-2007, 07:16 AM
Oh, 1 other thing, in order for use to be considered for the #1 ranking the teams we beat need to do some winning of there own. That didn't happen this weekend, SFA got spanked by our opponent next week ............. Western Ill 34
SFA 13

tjbison
09-23-2007, 07:16 AM
We play great 1 week and most of you want to vote us #1, come one people...we could very easily be 2-1 right now and sitting at #10, I'd say you're jumping the gun a little. Do I think we may be the best team in FCS, very possibly, yes. But I'd say give it a couple weeks. I've seen way to many times when people get cocky and the wheels fall off.

What sort of Bison Fan (or a fan of any team for that matter) would say this?????

tjbison
09-23-2007, 07:21 AM
Oh, 1 other thing, in order for use to be considered for the #1 ranking the teams we beat need to do some winning of there own. That didn't happen this weekend, SFA got spanked by our opponent next week ............. Western Ill 34
SFA 13

Well then I guess the CMU game was a joke?? if i'm not mistaken they were spanked by Kansas and Purdue, so I guess our Spanking on the road was a Fluke?? Come on

GO BISON!!!

Da_Bison
09-23-2007, 07:23 AM
What so bad about what I said?????????? If we take care of business on the field we should be # 1, and I think we will, but just think its a little soon to put us at 1

tjbison
09-23-2007, 07:28 AM
Sorry, maybye was a little harsh, but so far we are 3-0 beating all DI teams, one which was #14 and a FBS team that is a Defending Conference Champ And bowl winner, Just don't see why there should'nt be more respect than the FCS world is giving.:nod:

Da_Bison
09-23-2007, 07:33 AM
It'll happen, we all know how great this team is, and can be, I think a few more weeks will solidify what we all already know.

tjbison
09-23-2007, 07:37 AM
:cheers: Agreed!!!

semobison
09-23-2007, 11:50 AM
We have another game again next week. Take care of business on the field, and the respect will come. The only ranking that matters is the one at the end of the year!

I'mWithNOSIB
09-23-2007, 12:56 PM
First off, after last night's game against CMU we will rise a few ranks but not to #1. This is not saying I don't think we should be #1. I agree with others on the board and wanting a slow rise to the top. Give due time and we will get our respect.

jeffdaryl3rd
09-23-2007, 01:08 PM
Since the start of last year we are 13-1, have a +269 point differential (19+ pts/game), have two wins against FBS teams on the road, and our only loss was a one-point road loss to a bowl team from a BCS conference. During that time we haven't even sniffed #1, not even close and that is insane. With Appalachian state losing the pollsters should show some saavy and put us #1.

No_Skill
09-23-2007, 02:52 PM
We will not be #1 this week and I'm fine with that. I think we will get some of the #1 votes, though. Now, if we get to the Goofers undefeated and pull out the win, that's a different story.

msftbison
09-23-2007, 08:25 PM
Patience, Patience...

I believe UMass plays Boston College this week. Let them have a week at #1 before we move ahead of them.

KC Bison
09-23-2007, 11:01 PM
I just finished reading 19 pages of posts from the Any Given Saturday site. Some of them were pretty good and the rest not so good. I'm not sure where NDSU should stand but somewhere in the 2-4 area. I think UNI or UMass will be #1 but thats OK, it's still early in the year. However, I'm real sure that U of Mont. should drop back to at least #5. What a bunch of arrogant bunch of fans are from U MT. We now see that their competition for the year has a combined record of 1-13. The excuses they give for weak competition were pathetic. First it was that no one wanted to play them but they had no excuse for buying out an away game with with SDSU. Why would anyone play them home and home without getting the first game at your home anymore. In fact, they even bragged that they have 7 home games every year.

WYOBISONMAN
09-23-2007, 11:13 PM
I would rank the Bison......

rabidrabbit
09-24-2007, 12:44 AM
Well Bison fans, I believe 4 teams have a legitimate claim to #1 right now. Bison, Panthers, Salakis, Cowboys.

Each is undefeated, has a FBS win. With a win over a top 25 in addition to a FBS, NDSU has a very good case.

In my ballot, I have UNI #1, and Bison #2. I've dropped MT to #5 because they have a pud schedule to date, and no FBS win, or "good" FCS wins. Was the win over Albany or SUU the Griz's best win?

I do believe that Poly and SDSU away games will be as tough as the Gophs game for the Bison.

BisonNeil
09-24-2007, 12:53 AM
I do believe that Poly and SDSU away games will be as tough as the Gophs game for the Bison.

Winning on the road is always tough, and winning at these two houses has proven to be very difficult for the Bison, historically speaking. So I agree 100%.

Although I think the Bison are very worthy of a #1 consideration, I personally would like to see them be #3 or 4 so that the players have something to work for, i.e., the respect of the rest of the country.

UTH
09-24-2007, 01:30 AM
#1 in my heart.
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/indio_rojas/Lookitsbeatingforyou.jpg

It's still a little early to get too bent up over what the 'experts' have to say about who's best. My vote for #1 in the whole land goes to the Western Illinois Leathernecks of Macomb. Victory is sooo much sweeter when it involves dethroning the team that the experts are worshiping at the time. I would readily give up a good poll ranking if it means that victory may taste that much sweeter next Saturday. :hungry:

Jdubs21
09-24-2007, 01:32 AM
#1 would be sweet but i am guessin we'll be 2 or 3, most likely 3 though, i'd mess my pants if we were 1 lol

tjbison
09-24-2007, 02:09 AM
Do you think we will ever get the #1 spot, without a shot at playoffs? It would be great to see, and if we run the gaunlet and go 11-0 then what would everyone think?? Although I'm sure someone would pick it apart!:banghead:

tony
09-24-2007, 02:13 AM
At the risk of jinxing it, NDSU now has the longest winning streak in the FCS (7 games).

Gully
09-24-2007, 02:20 AM
Cool, I think Wisconsin has the FBS mark...not sure how many games though?

Gully
09-24-2007, 02:26 AM
We have a 10 game winning streak against FCS schools....for whatever that's worth.

Also, we've won 14 of our last 15 games overall and and 17 of the last 19.

BigBison
09-24-2007, 02:54 AM
I agree with Kolpack: http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/

dmaster
09-24-2007, 06:01 AM
I think that NDSU will move up one spot to #3. I think it will stay that way until the teams ahead of us lose or we win against the Gophs. When we win against them we should be #1 no matter what. I am OK with that being a little extra motivation for that game.

I would normally worry about these young players getting a little cocky, but I think Bohl does a great job of keeping everyone focused. One game at a time. At the end of the year we will see who the best (FCS) team in the country is.

Go Bison!

Bison bison
09-24-2007, 01:44 PM
don't care if NDSU is ranked #1, although it is arguable.

I couldn't be more pleased that NDSU deserves to be a top 5 team!

ndsubison1
09-24-2007, 03:26 PM
UMass plays BC this week so that should be a loss there, but then again anything can happen. Hopefully NDSU wins this week, they should, but hopefully UMass losses so NDSU can move up if they're not voted number 1.