PDA

View Full Version : Bison #1

CaBisonFan
09-22-2007, 10:25 PM
They should be ranked number one. Period

And I will stand by my preseason prediction. Undefeated...one game at a time...as long as injuries don't take over.

SirHinn
09-22-2007, 10:29 PM
They should be ranked number one. Period

How could you make a logical argument unless App State loses. App State was the defending national champion who beat Michigan at their house. If App State loses, then its not a debate.

CaBisonFan
09-22-2007, 10:33 PM
How could you make a logical argument unless App State loses. App State was the defending national champion who beat Michigan at their house. If App State loses, then its not a debate.

Look at the scores. I highly recommend it.

semobison
09-22-2007, 10:37 PM
App St. loses today 41-32! The polls will be interesting next week!

motty
09-22-2007, 10:42 PM
is that Appy's first FCS loss in the last 3 seasons?

CaBisonFan
09-22-2007, 10:46 PM

Do you really think that I'd make the call without knowing? The game was over when I wrote the thread. Excuuuuuuse me.

No_Skill
09-22-2007, 10:46 PM
All I can say is we better damn well be ahead of Montana!!!

jeffdaryl3rd
09-22-2007, 10:50 PM
NDSU should have jumped to #2 regardless of Appalachian State winning or losing, but with them losing I say #1. We have one loss the last two years, and it was a one point road loss to a bowl team from a BCS conference for heavens sake.

CaBisonFan
09-22-2007, 10:50 PM

It's about time. I'm with you. We beat them at their house with D2 recruits, so now we drubbed an FBS bowl team with 15 returning starters. I'd guess that the people in charge of this division would just as soon see us go away until next year.

Not officially...but we can play for our own mythical championship. Each game can be our own bowl game.

bisonaudit
09-22-2007, 10:51 PM

I think you should prepare yourself to be disappointed.

CaBisonFan
09-22-2007, 10:56 PM
I think you should prepare yourself to be disappointed.

I agree with your point. The division wouldn't want us to get to #1, because if we were to win out, what would they have to say? I know that we can't end up #1 in the polls after the playoffs...but it would be extremely cool to be there before the playoffs.

Montana has political power in the FCS...and 'they' were the ones that actually blocked us from the Big Sky. A lot of interesting things happened that weren't talked about. But now, I'm actually happy with the Gateway setup.

Montana, realistically, will be #1 this week. We might make #2. My point is that we 'should' be #1.

Gully
09-22-2007, 11:04 PM
Why would Montana be #1, they haven't played anybody?

Go_Herd
09-22-2007, 11:06 PM

Because they're Montana, also your not allowed to ask that question.

CaBisonFan
09-22-2007, 11:08 PM

Because I think that they're a favorite child of the FCS. And, because I think the FCS really doesn't want NDSU to get to the top spot. If we should win out, they'd have an ineligible playoff team at the top before the playoffs. Not cool.

CaBisonFan
09-22-2007, 11:10 PM
Because they're Montana, also your not allowed to ask that question.

You got it. It's kind of like asking a politician if they've made a mistake. This is political. Montana has the power. They get the early breaks in every preseason poll. I suppose one could say that they've earned some of it.

Jdubs21
09-22-2007, 11:12 PM
i am guessin we will be # 3 next week

Go_Herd
09-22-2007, 11:12 PM
You got it. It's kind of like asking a politician if they've made a mistake. This is political. Montana has the power. They get the early breaks in every preseason poll. I suppose one could say that they've earned some of it.

amen.

I would bump up UNI to close to #1 if not #1, I also think we should be behind UNI.

Scooter1
09-22-2007, 11:16 PM
Now, you all know that montana is going to be ranked #1. I was going to say that S Illinois was underrated but they have only played N Illinois. U Mass should be considered. One thing is certain, App St will fall but don't be surprised if they only fall to #4. The sad thing is... with this impressive win, there is the possiblity that we may not move at all in the polls.

99Bison
09-22-2007, 11:19 PM
Since we moved down last week after a W in a one of the polls, don't see why a bigger win like wouldn't help that out.

Swany
09-22-2007, 11:29 PM
Rankings will take care of themselves. We don't need a #1 by our name to know we have one heckuva football team. If this team continues to improve week-by-week we could be in for another very special season.

But anything can happen, lots of season left. One game at a time, but how great have the last 61 minutes of football been?!! Teams best be on notice, you stuff the box, Walker will pick you apart. You drop your backer Roehl will pound it down your throat. AND HOW 'BOUT THAT BISON DEFENSE!!! Who would have thought they would nearly completely shut down a good CM offense? The Bison defense, that's who. Great gameplan, great job, GO BISON!