PDA

View Full Version : CMU prediction thread

onbison09
09-22-2007, 12:55 AM
What will the score be?? Who will be the MVP of the game?

Mr_Meanor
09-22-2007, 01:06 AM
I am going to go with 34-28 chips.

NDSU1980
09-22-2007, 01:44 AM
31-27 Bison.

aces1180
09-22-2007, 02:12 AM
27-23 Herd...David Earl the MVP with a late int.

NDSUstudent
09-22-2007, 02:23 AM
from my blog....

NDSU(2-0) vs Central Michigan(1-2)- Once again NDSU is in the game of the week and this one could be an even bigger shootout then the SHSU game. Both teams are decimated with injuries in the secondary, CMU has even converted a WR to CB just to add another body. Both teams have very good QB's in All-MAC Dan Lefevour and All-GWFC Steve Walker. Both teams are solid at O-line and weak on the D-line which makes me think shootout even more. Even though CMU fans might not want to admit it being an FBS school they are very evenly matched with NDSU. Which makes this one oh so tough to call. I will say after last weeks comeback I do think the Bison still have "it". "It" is that thing when you know and believe 100% that you can win no matter what. The Bison sure as heck won't be scared of CMU, to them this will be their chance to show last year was no fluke they can compete with the big boys. CMU is also 1-2 and you know they won't go down easy on their home turf, their coach has seen the film and I'm sure he'll have his team ready. CMU will be looking to show their last season was no fluke as well and losing to an FCS would give them a pretty big black eye. This one is almost to close to call and call me a homer but that means I'll take the herd. Usually I take the home team in the too close to call situation but with Steve Walker on NDSU's sideline I gotta go with the Bison. NDSU 38 CMU 35

jeffdaryl3rd
09-22-2007, 02:53 AM
I'll say 31-21 Bison, MVP of the game going to Joe Lardinois who helps out that Bison by putting some pressure on the QB unlike last week and coming up with a few sacks.

CaBisonFan
09-22-2007, 04:12 AM
What will the score be?? Who will be the MVP of the game?

31-28 Bison

Humber or Mays will be the MVP...but if the Bison win, it will probably be Walker that gets most of the attention. I look for the Humber/Mays show to show up this weekend. They're primed. Two of the biggest talents to ever put on a Bison jersey.

Scooter1
09-22-2007, 04:40 AM
Well, here we are at Central Michigan weekend. I have to say that I like NDSU's chances in this one for these reasons...

1. As a team, Central Michigan's defense is terrible this year. They gave up 52 points to start the year to a middle of the pack big 12 team. They beat Toledo, but Toledo SUCKS this year and they scored 31 at C Michigan. Now, Purdue is a very good football team but they coasted in the second half to a victory. That game was over before the first quarter had ended.

2. Linebackers, linebackers, linebackers... NDSU has better linebackers than Central Michigan They say that a football team is best from game one to game two, well this is game two with the linebackers where they are supposed to be. Look for a huge day by R Humber.

3. NDSU gave up 38 points last week. This is unusual for the boys in green. Do not expect this to happen two weeks in a row. Rhett Bomar is a very good quarterback better in my opinion than CMU's. Rhett had quite possibly one of his best games last week....HE LOST

4. Steve Walker is a better quarterback than Central Michigan's. I'm not saying that the CMU QB is bad, I'm simply stating that Steve is better. If Central Michigan puts eight in the box to stop the run, Steve will pick that secondary apart.

5. NDSU is a better ballanced offense than CMU. If there is weather or a cross wind look for NDSU to have the advantage.

Score prediction....NDSU 35 CMU 21

arrohead
09-22-2007, 12:28 PM
CMU - 45
NDSU - 30

http://www.cmuchippewas.com/mediaPlayer/video.dbml?DB_MENU_ID=&SPSID=&SPID=&DB_OEM_ID=10500&CLIP_ID=68037&CLIP_FILE_ID=73004&CONTENT_TYPE=ONDEMAND

jeffdaryl3rd
09-22-2007, 02:42 PM
Last week's game may end up being a case of great timing for us in terms of facing a great player like Bomar. We are coming into this week having just played a high talent team with one outstanding player so I don't think there is going to be any adjustment to the "higher" talent level for us. I'm sticking to 31-21 good guys.

No_Skill
09-22-2007, 03:40 PM
5% NDSU blows out CMU
25% NDSU wins close game
55% CMU wins close game
15% CMU blows out NDSU

I hope I'm wrong....

CarringtonBison
09-22-2007, 04:04 PM
NDSU 42
CMU 35

Passing game is too strong for them to slow down. I do think that we will have to outscore them to win. Historically we have problems with mobile QBs who can run and throw.

TransAmBison
09-22-2007, 04:11 PM
NDSU 42
CMU 35

I do think that we will have to outscore them to win.
I just can't help myself...but I just had to point out this keen observation. I think you may be on to something here. :D

onbison09
09-22-2007, 04:11 PM
Very interesting comments. I think Herd 30 Chips 27 but I wouldn't be suprised if we lost :(. The secondary is going to have to be beastly and we're going to have to contain their QB. D will be the key.