PDA

View Full Version : CFN.com Prediction..

NDSUstudent
09-20-2007, 06:53 PM
North Dakota State (2-0) at Central Michigan (1-2) 3:30 PM

Why to Watch: This is hardly the cupcake game Central Michigan would like it to be before diving into MAC play against Northern Illinois. The defending MAC Champion hasn't been impressive so far, and now it'll be pushed by one of the nation's best FCS teams. North Dakota State is ranked in the top five, after an impressive 41-38 win over Sam Houston State thanks to a 27-yard touchdown pass with just seven seconds to play. This is a hot team, winning six straight after nearly stunning Minnesota in the Dome. As good as the Bison might be, if CMU is good enough to be in the MAC title hunt again, it should win this game without much of a problem.

Why North Dakota State Might Win: The CMU secondary has been stunningly awful. It's a veteran group with some good talent. but it's been bombed on short, long, and everywhere in between, giving up close to 350 yards per game. NDSU has an decent passing game, with QB Steve Walker connecting on 68% of his passes, and he'll get a shot to turn it loose. He's a heady veteran who should keep the mistakes to a minimum, even though he's thrown four picks so far. NDSU will keep up the pace if this gets into any sort of a shootout.

Why Central Michigan Might Win: NDSU has struggled to hang on to the ball, turning it over six times in just two games. CMU has been solid at hanging on to the ball so far, and if it wins the turnover battle, will likely win without a problem. As long as the Bison don't get up early, CMU should be able to move consistently thanks to a balanced offense that has yet to hit its stride. After doing a great job so far late in games, an sort of an early lead should mean everything.

Who to Watch: The best player in the game, and the one with the biggest NFL upside, might be a punter. NDSU's Mike Dragosavich has a monster of a leg and unlimited range. So far, he's averaging 48 yards per kick and will be enough of a weapon to keep CMU pinned deep throughout the game. Trying to keep that from happening is CMU's Antonio Brown, who has only gotten three punt return chances, but has been dangerous with a 14 yard average.

What Will Happen: This should be fun. Both quarterbacks will come up with key play after key play in what should be a back-and-fourth battle with several momentum shifts. In the end, the CMU defense will make two stops, the Chippewas will convert, and disaster will be avoided.

CFN Prediction: Central Michigan 31 ... North Dakota State 27 ... Line: No Line
Must See Rating: (5 Curb Your Enthusiasm - 1 Kid Nation) ... 2

http://cfn.scout.com/2/651429.html

Bison bison
09-20-2007, 06:58 PM
good analysis.

i hope the predicted outcome is incorrect.

BigBison
09-20-2007, 06:59 PM
more like NDSU 31 The Chips 27

SlickVic
09-20-2007, 07:19 PM
the bison opened at +8 wednesday...they are now +9

X-Factor
09-20-2007, 09:57 PM
the bison opened at +8 wednesday...they are now +9
what ya think? wait on that one a bit then?

jeffdaryl3rd
09-20-2007, 10:39 PM
Agreed on the analysis, lets just hope NDSU does get up early.

SlickVic
09-20-2007, 11:46 PM
what ya think? wait on that one a bit then?

bison are now +7 1/2...

NDSUstudent
09-21-2007, 07:37 PM
Here is my prediction for NDSU vs CMU game.....

NDSU(2-0) vs Central Michigan(1-2)- Once again NDSU is in the game of the week and this one could be an even bigger shootout then the SHSU game. Both teams are decimated with injuries in the secondary, CMU has even converted a WR to CB just to add another body. Both teams have very good QB's in All-MAC Dan Lefevour and All-GWFC Steve Walker. Both teams are solid at O-line and weak on the D-line which makes me think shootout even more. Even though CMU fans might not want to admit it being an FBS school they are very evenly matched with NDSU. Which makes this one oh so tough to call. I will say after last weeks comeback I do think the Bison still have "it". "It" is that thing when you know and believe 100% that you can win no matter what. The Bison sure as heck won't be scared of CMU, to them this will be their chance to show last year was no fluke they can compete with the big boys. CMU is also 1-2 and you know they won't go down easy on their home turf, their coach has seen the film and I'm sure he'll have his team ready. CMU will be looking to show their last season was no fluke as well and losing to an FCS would give them a pretty big black eye. This one is almost to close to call and call me a homer but that means I'll take the herd. Usually I take the home team in the too close to call situation but with Steve Walker on NDSU's sideline I gotta go with the Bison. NDSU 38 CMU 35

You can follow the link below if you want to see the rest of my GWFC picks...