PDA

View Full Version : Dan Lefevour

tony
09-18-2007, 09:29 AM
I'm surprised that there isn't more talk about CMU's QB. I mean, he's on the Manning Award list and passed for 3000+ yards last year - and, oh yeah, he run for 500 yards last year.

I think HE will be the best QB NDSU sees this year (and that's pretty scary considering how good Bomar was).

Jdubs21
09-18-2007, 11:35 AM
did u watch the C mich game last weekend tony....he has any pressure at all he completely falls apart...bomar would kick his ass 3 times b4 he knew what hit him, he WILL NOT be the best quarter back we see this year, we already saw that in bomar

bisonhusker
09-18-2007, 01:17 PM
He is VERY talented, but looked HORRIBLE against Purdue on ESPN2 last weekend. Saying he is better than Bomar after what we just watched....would be hard to say....but I understand what you are saying. He is VERY good, and we need to figure some things out on defense.

arrohead
09-18-2007, 01:28 PM
LeFevour looked bad against Purdue but to to judge him by that one game would be very foolish. I have seen all of his games and he is the real deal. You will see a much different QB the Sat in Mt Pleasant. CMU's problems will probably not be their offense when you see them.

jeffdaryl3rd
09-18-2007, 01:29 PM
I'll take Bomar any day. LeFevour gets spooked under pressure and then its party time for the defense. Having said that, our defensive line got zero pressure on the QB last week, so he might have a field day if we don't fix that problem.

tcbison
09-18-2007, 01:59 PM
We need to get pressure on him. The mobile QBs that NDSU have faced so far have been tough on our defense.

KC Bison
09-18-2007, 02:31 PM
The Purdue game is not the only game that Lefevour looked bad. He was totally ineffective against a mediocre Kansas team as evidenced by the 52-7 score. That 2 of the 3 games that he has looked bad this year. He is no Bomar.

X-Factor
09-18-2007, 02:39 PM
Bomar and LeFevour should not be in the same sentence. lol Both are good, just Bomar is at a completely different level. CMU did graduate some very good lineman so lets hope that helps our front four get some pressure. Part of the reason it appeared we didn't get much pressure on Bomar is his quick release and the other part is they returned all 5 of their lineman plus All-American TE from last year. Bomar was well protected.

arrohead
09-18-2007, 03:17 PM
The Purdue game is not the only game that Lefevour looked bad. He was totally ineffective against a mediocre Kansas team as evidenced by the 52-7 score. That 2 of the 3 games that he has looked bad this year. He is no Bomar.

You guys should have no problems then on Saturday. Good luck. :hide:

KC Bison
09-18-2007, 04:09 PM
You guys should have no problems then on Saturday. Good luck. :hide:

I'm not saying the Bison can't lose but this qb is no Bomar. In 3 games, he has only averaged 260 yards per game. In 2 of those games his team has been way behind and it can be presumed that he was working with fairly soft coverages. He is only averaging 6 yards per pass attempt and 10 yards per completion (compare this with NDSU's 11.5 yds/attempt and 16 yards per completion). However, it would appear that the real weak link of C. Michigan is their defense which has given up 42 points per game.

NDSUstudent
09-18-2007, 04:15 PM
I agree he isn't Bomar, there aren't many Bomar's out there and for that I am thankful. With that said this guy is good and certainly better then Southall. CMU also has some recievers that are monsters, 6-5 with speed and you know that will give us some trouble. Where SHSU was primarily Bomar, Lefevour has some help and that will make him just as dangerous.

arrohead
09-18-2007, 04:16 PM
I'm not saying the Bison can't lose but this qb is no Bomar. In 3 games, he has only averaged 260 yards per game. In 2 of those games his team has been way behind and it can be presumed that he was working with fairly soft coverages. He is only averaging 6 yards per pass attempt and 10 yards per completion (compare this with NDSU's 11.5 yds/attempt and 16 yards per completion). However, it would appear that the real weak link of C. Michigan is their defense which has given up 42 points per game.

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/playerDetail.jsp?yr=2006&org=129&player=13

LeFevour's stats from last year. 360 yds, 4 TDs against Kentucky and he only played the last 3 qtrs. Kentucky beat Clemson in their bowl game. LeFevour is also a very good opportunistic runner.

tcbison
09-18-2007, 04:40 PM
If LeFevour has time, he will pick us apart just like any good QB will do. I would bet he is a very good QB at home. We will have our work cut out for us. I thought I read that CMU does a no huddle offense. I thought in the Sam Houston game that it took a long time for NDSU to get its defensive play calls in and even then at times the secondary was confused on what the play was. Just my opinion though.

The good thing is our offense has Steve Walker!

SDbison
09-18-2007, 05:59 PM
If LeFevour has time, he will pick us apart just like any good QB will do. I would bet he is a very good QB at home. We will have our work cut out for us. I thought I read that CMU does a no huddle offense. I thought in the Sam Houston game that it took a long time for NDSU to get its defensive play calls in and even then at times the secondary was confused on what the play was. Just my opinion though.

The good thing is our offense has Steve Walker!
Good points tc!

Gully
09-18-2007, 08:49 PM
WOW, how did Kansas destroy them so badly?

After reading all these comments I think we're going to have to play very well on defense and score a ton of points again on offense in order to have a chance.

We've surprised people before though.

NDSUstudent
09-18-2007, 09:40 PM
Found this on the CMU board......

I think Dan will still do well, but NDSU faced Bomar last week, and I'm sure is not good news for us because it prepared them for this week. However, because BJ wants to run more of a run type spread, which I don't mind as long as we are successful...then most of our TD's will be on the ground via Sneed/Hoskins/Archer and maybe Volny (who I am still waiting to see).

A ground type of spread would be interesting, it would certainly play more into our strengths.

Scooter1
09-18-2007, 11:48 PM
I'll take Bomar any day. LeFevour gets spooked under pressure and then its party time for the defense. Having said that, our defensive line got zero pressure on the QB last week, so he might have a field day if we don't fix that problem.

That's any day that Walker is already picked, right. All Walker does is win. I'll take the guy who wins.:)

Seriously, I get your point Bomar was very good.

X-Factor
09-19-2007, 02:03 AM
I expect both QB's to have big days again. CMU had major issues in the secondary and you have to expect that Walker is licking his chops at that, and even though LeFevour is not Bomar he also has a lot more weapons especially at WR that could be big mismatches for our corners. I think if we score more often then they do we should win :p

Seriously, these spread offenses and running QB's give me the shakes.

Herd
09-19-2007, 02:34 AM
IMO, the bison D would benefit from a game on grass on a little slower track than the turf at the FFD. A fast team like Sam Houston on a fast track running a spread offense puts a lot of pressure on our defense.

Hopefully the field turf at CMU will be a little slower track than the turf at the FFD. I like our chances in a hard hitting slugfest, even against an FBS team like CMU. If our D starts getting some confidence, which I expect to happen pretty soon, look out.

thescout61
09-19-2007, 01:38 PM
Well, for a first time poster, I'm a little intrigued by what I am reading. I am a person who has been following CMU fb for awhile and I found this forum via a CMU blogging site. DOnt worry though, Im not some troll who is going to go and brag about my team to the competition on their site. Anyway, I would like to set te records traight about LeFevour. I see alot of people sayoing how he has had two bad games and is real shaky, I disagree. Against Purdue, he did start of shaky, but he still finished 35-of-56 for 364 yards and 2 TDs. Thats a 60% completion rate, far from shaky overall if you ask me. I agree against Kansas he didnt play great, but noone plays well everygame. Against Toledo he was 22-of-32 for 244 yards and 2 TDs. I think in three games thats pretty solid. I dont know a lot about your team, but I think you will have trouble with our offense due to the numerous things we can do. However, I do not at all underestimate your team and know that we better not take you for granted. I just thought it was a little unfair that people say that LeFevour was pretty shaky and gets rattled easy.

Gully
09-19-2007, 07:49 PM
I agree Scout, the Bison will have to play very, very well to have a shot. IMO we'll have to improve from last week or else we'll lose. Having said that, NDSU has a history of stepping up for games like this so I think we'll see a really good game.

X-Factor
09-19-2007, 11:17 PM
These type of game are Walker's forte. I expect even more passing than last week. I just hope they don't have a DE anything like Texas transfer Chris Brown. Even Safe had a hard time with him evident by the sack/fumble in the 4th.

tcbison
09-20-2007, 12:16 AM
I do expect a big game from Walker. Remember last year against Ball State he threw for 451 yards.

thescout61
09-20-2007, 01:02 AM
I agree Scout, the Bison will have to play very, very well to have a shot. IMO we'll have to improve from last week or else we'll lose. Having said that, NDSU has a history of stepping up for games like this so I think we'll see a really good game.

The fact that NDSU does have a history of stepping up in big games is what scares me a little bit. You have a solid QB, a few solid Linemen, a good D, and from what I have read, a pretty solid punter and kicker. I know though that ou coach, Butch Jones, is a no nonsense guy who will not let his team get out of focus.

I think our defense will keep pase as long as we dont let the big plays up. We have a pretty good tackle in Steven friend. He is a four year starter and was all mac second team last year at 6'2 and 290 lbs. We also have two four year starters at linebacker in Red Keith and Ike Brown. Keith is the top returning tackler in the country and was all mac 1st team while brown got a medical redshirt due to an injury last year and was granted a 6th year of eligibility. He was all MAC 2nd team in 2005. Now our secondary is weak right now due to injuries. We lost one starting corner for two weeks due to a knee injury and starting safety because of his ankle. Our backups are banged up too so there is a major question there, especially since you have a good offense.

On offense for us, obviously LeFevour will be good, but our RBs will also be pretty good. Ontario Sneed is a 3 year starter and Justoin Hoskins is a transfer from Notre Dame. At WR we have Bryan Anderson who was all MAC 1st team as a frosh last year, Justin Gardner who is solid, and Antonio Brown, who as a freshman is one of the most electrifying return men I have seen in awhile. I do think our O-line will give you fits seeing as in 3 games we have only let up 2 or 3 sacks. Out left tackle, Andrew Hartline is a 3 year starter and is projected to be a second round draft pick when he comes out as a senior, our starting right guard is a 3 year starter and was all MAC 1st team last year.

Now i didnt type all that to brag, just wanted to give those at the game an idea of what to look for from us, considering I have read a few posts about NDSU's talent. I hope this helps a little bit.

Bisonguy
09-20-2007, 01:10 AM
The fact that NDSU does have a history of stepping up in big games is what scares me a little bit. You have a solid QB, a few solid Linemen, a good D, and from what I have read, a pretty solid punter and kicker. I know though that ou coach, Butch Jones, is a no nonsense guy who will not let his team get out of focus.

I think our defense will keep pase as long as we dont let the big plays up. We have a pretty good tackle in Steven friend. He is a four year starter and was all mac second team last year at 6'2 and 290 lbs. We also have two four year starters at linebacker in Red Keith and Ike Brown. Keith is the top returning tackler in the country and was all mac 1st team while brown got a medical redshirt due to an injury last year and was granted a 6th year of eligibility. He was all MAC 2nd team in 2005. Now our secondary is weak right now due to injuries. We lost one starting corner for two weeks due to a knee injury and starting safety because of his ankle. Our backups are banged up too so there is a major question there, especially since you have a good offense.

On offense for us, obviously LeFevour will be good, but our RBs will also be pretty good. Ontario Sneed is a 3 year starter and Justoin Hoskins is a transfer from Notre Dame. At WR we have Bryan Anderson who was all MAC 1st team as a frosh last year, Justin Gardner who is solid, and Antonio Brown, who as a freshman is one of the most electrifying return men I have seen in awhile. I do think our O-line will give you fits seeing as in 3 games we have only let up 2 or 3 sacks. Out left tackle, Andrew Hartline is a 3 year starter and is projected to be a second round draft pick when he comes out as a senior, our starting right guard is a 3 year starter and was all MAC 1st team last year.

Now i didnt type all that to brag, just wanted to give those at the game an idea of what to look for from us, considering I have read a few posts about NDSU's talent. I hope this helps a little bit.

Thanks for the insight!!! :nod:

Tatanka
09-20-2007, 02:26 AM

Thanks for the scoop. Looking forward to a great contest...