PDA

View Full Version : Welcome from a CMU fan

arrohead
09-17-2007, 02:48 PM
We are looking forward to NDSU coming to Mt. Pleasant on Saturday. Most of us here that know college football have tons of respect for you and your program. We realiaze that we need to play a very good game on Saturday if we want a chance to beat your team. Those of you that are coming should have a good time as tailgating starts 3 hrs before the game and you must make a trip to the south end of the stadium parking lot about an hour or two before the game where you will see thousands of students partying and getting crazy. The north side parking lot is much more civil and is mostly alumni and children. The weather prediction looks good so far but this is Michigan and that can change on a few minutes notice.

As far as the game goes, we have a new coach and staff with several very good players returning. We also have many freshmen and sophmores playing that are learning on the job. We do run West Virginia's spread offense without a White or Slaten. Our QB is normally very good but has been inconsistant so far the first 3 games. Our defense has been very banged up and we have several guys still recovering from last season injuries/surgeries. We are hoping to be healthier for your game to get things going. It looks like a lot of points will be scored by both teams Saturday. Good luck and we hope you make the trip!

bisonhusker
09-17-2007, 03:09 PM
I am really starting to look at making this trip. Flying to Detroit looks like it is barely over $300. Driving....doesn't look like an option. Any advice from the locals? Is flying into Detroit the best option? Too bad the Vikes don't play the Lions this week. That would have been a nice little weekend. any advice would be appreciated.

Trim
09-17-2007, 03:27 PM
Husker,

Did you check into Lansing?

I'm flying into Traverse City, but that's a little bit north because my brother lives in Houghton Lake. Our tickets are only $400 a piece round trip, good deal I thought.

tony
09-17-2007, 03:27 PM
Man, arrohead, we could have used your sandbagging ability back in '97! ;)

Seriously, thanks for stopping by. Sounds like Dan LeFevour is the complete package at QB... say, that has a familiar ring to it!

I'm also curious to see what NDSU can do with Steven Friend on your defensive line.

NDSU is going to have to play a whale of a game this weekend.

Trim
09-18-2007, 06:22 PM
arrohead,

My brother needs to know if there is drinking in the stadium?

arrohead
09-18-2007, 06:32 PM
No, but there is heavy drinking outside the gates until gametime.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRHqUo4xuAo

Trim
09-18-2007, 06:36 PM
Hmmm. Sounds like another team's field I know of!

ChippewaPride
09-20-2007, 08:30 PM
arrohead,

My brother needs to know if there is drinking in the stadium?

We have found that the little "airplane bottles" of your favorite liquor are just the right size to mix with the medium soda from the concession stand. The key is baggy pants to get the bottles into the stadium.