PDA

View Full Version : The Thunderdome Is Rockin

chuckles
09-16-2007, 06:45 AM
Not sure if anyone had problems with security this weekend, but the atmosphere in the dome tonight was unbelievable.... First off I want to say thanks to whoever may have read this board and took our recommendations. The old classic video intro with Thunderstruck was back in full force and got everyone pumped just like last year. And the Enter Sandman at the beginning of the second half was great as well.

The third down before SHS scored one of its field goals was great. Sitting in the student section and looking across to the east side, you could watch everyone get on their feet. Announcer also did a remarkable job to get everyone into the game. Like someone else mentioned, when he corrected the official by saying "Timeout NORTH Dakota State" was great. The video before the 4th quarter was also priceless!

People have now experienced this energy tonight and it MUST carry onto further games!

SlickVic
09-16-2007, 07:00 AM
wouldn't exactly call it rockin especially in the student section that was half gone (and not in a good way)...honestly why do they leave the game at half or end of 3? so they can go sit in their dorm rooms? what a bunch of losers

TheDoctor
09-16-2007, 08:09 AM
I think the dome authority got straightened out this week. Also, YES, thuderstruck ROCKED! Thank you form bringing it back Troy! ;)

Bisonfan1
09-16-2007, 04:34 PM
Atmosphere was fantastic, will it keep going every home game? P.A. guy did a nice job keeping everyone in the game, on your feet etc, also on your feet on the jumbo trons. It is kind of funny that alot of people are waiting for permission to stand up and cheer when directed to, and then do so. The living dead on the east side was up going nuts from what I could see, and the section to our left was up most game (sat on their duffs week 1) GREAT JOB EVERYONE - the excitement of the game most definetely helped. Still cant fiquire out who the guy in section 20 was wearing a suit, sporting a beard, glasses hat - A TRUE CLASSIC !!! Isnt it fun when everyone has fun.

sambini
09-16-2007, 08:07 PM
Its good to hear it we well. Bison fans are first class+++

NDSUFREAK
09-17-2007, 01:38 AM
Not sure if anyone had problems with security this weekend, but the atmosphere in the dome tonight was unbelievable.... First off I want to say thanks to whoever may have read this board and took our recommendations. The old classic video intro with Thunderstruck was back in full force and got everyone pumped just like last year. And the Enter Sandman at the beginning of the second half was great as well.

The third down before SHS scored one of its field goals was great. Sitting in the student section and looking across to the east side, you could watch everyone get on their feet. Announcer also did a remarkable job to get everyone into the game. Like someone else mentioned, when he corrected the official by saying "Timeout NORTH Dakota State" was great. The video before the 4th quarter was also priceless!

People have now experienced this energy tonight and it MUST carry onto further games!
they put that video in the perfect place!! Everyone was standing after that video ended (even though SHSU got a first down the next play) it was a great great atmosphere and I will never forget the reaction to the Heck TD catch

markerman
09-17-2007, 02:14 PM
I had some friends in town that went to Virginia Tech, Penn State and Oregon State and everything far exceeded their expectations. They had never been to ND before and Fargo, the campus, the tailgating and the FFD blew them away as opposed to their pre-judgements.

The guy from Virginia Tech kept saying, "Someone forgot to tell you guys that you're FCS." The buses and atmosphere at tailgating were right in line with what you see on Saturdays at many FBS schools (perhaps just on a smaller scale). They were also impressed with how tight knit the community (at tailgating) was and the amount of friendliness and commaraderie.

I hadn't been to a game in a couple of years in Fargo and I must say that the campus and community have really stepped it up. The tailgating has grown by leaps and bounds and the student section (with the exception of leaving early) was excellent and has added some great new cheers. It seemed (at least in section 3) that as long as you were keeping it clean you could make as much noise as you wanted and standing up on big downs was all good. What a day, what a game. At the end of the game, all three of my friends said that it was worth more than the price of admission and they were so glad that they made the trip.

It's a great day to be a Bison!

tcbison
09-17-2007, 02:27 PM
I had some friends in town that went to Virginia Tech, Penn State and Oregon State and everything far exceeded their expectations. They had never been to ND before and Fargo, the campus, the tailgating and the FFD blew them away as opposed to their pre-judgements.

The guy from Virginia Tech kept saying, "Someone forgot to tell you guys that you're FCS." The buses and atmosphere at tailgating were right in line with what you see on Saturdays at many FBS schools (perhaps just on a smaller scale). They were also impressed with how tight knit the community (at tailgating) was and the amount of friendliness and commaraderie.

I hadn't been to a game in a couple of years in Fargo and I must say that the campus and community have really stepped it up. The tailgating has grown by leaps and bounds and the student section (with the exception of leaving early) was excellent and has added some great new cheers. It seemed (at least in section 3) that as long as you were keeping it clean you could make as much noise as you wanted and standing up on big downs was all good. What a day, what a game. At the end of the game, all three of my friends said that it was worth more than the price of admission and they were so glad that they made the trip.

It's a great day to be a Bison!

Nice post! Love to hear that your friends were impressed. Thanks for sharing. :nod:

99Bison
09-17-2007, 10:22 PM
Nice post! Love to hear that your friends were impressed. Thanks for sharing. :nod:

It's a great time to be a Bison!