PDA

View Full Version : Best game ever at the FargoDome?

tony
09-16-2007, 03:52 AM
I'm trying to remember any games that come close and am having a tough time.

I nominate this game as The Best Ever Played at the FargoDome.

NDSUFREAK
09-16-2007, 03:53 AM
Well 2000 und has to be up there and of course the SDSU game but tonights game has to be up on top IMHO

bisonmike2
09-16-2007, 04:03 AM
I might go with the SDSU game, only b/c that was for a conference championship, the crowd was amazing and it was a season finale. But it's hard to say b/c I wasn't personally at the Sam Houston State game.

Trim
09-16-2007, 04:08 AM
I was at both and the SDSU game doesn't even come close to this game.

It's just starting to hit me more and more what I just witnessed. Amazing.

X-Factor
09-16-2007, 04:27 AM
I dont think it is possible to get the FFD much louder than what it was after Steve Walker's 5th TD pass to seal the game.

Swaghook
09-16-2007, 04:53 AM
It will be one of those games that will be talked about for years to come.

Bisonguy
09-16-2007, 04:56 AM
Best.

Game.

Ever.

Da_Bison
09-16-2007, 05:13 AM
Sorry, but after watching that game I highly doubt we'll be goin undefeated. I really expected more from our defense than what I've seen the first 2 games. LeFevour from Central Michigan is also a great QB, we have our work cut out for us. And the running game was disapponiting I figured we could run all over ANYONE with the combo of backs and O-Lineman, guess not. Walker looked great, but I thought our highly tauted O line wasn't impressive tonight. I do understand that Bomar would slice up any team but think we are weak on the D-line.
Hopefully we can improve its only week 2.

Montana Bison
09-16-2007, 05:15 AM
One of the best for sure, the most exciting finish ever

NDSUstudent
09-16-2007, 05:20 AM
Sorry, but after watching that game I highly doubt we'll be goin undefeated. I really expected more from our defense than what I've seen the first 2 games. LeFevour from Central Michigan is also a great QB, we have our work cut out for us. And the running game was disapponiting I figured we could run all over ANYONE with the combo of backs and O-Lineman, guess not. Walker looked great, but I thought our highly tauted O line wasn't impressive tonight. I do understand that Bomar would slice up any team but think we are weak on the D-line.

Roehl had 5 yards a carry tonight and in my opinion he was really under used. I don't know what is wrong with the O-line, we ran for 156 and threw for 300. They didn't dominate but they also didn't exactly struggle.

D-line does need to step it up but Bomar has a lightning quick release and that makes it hard to get pressure.

99Bison
09-16-2007, 06:04 AM
Roehl had 5 yards a carry tonight and in my opinion he was really under used. I don't know what is wrong with the O-line, we ran for 156 and threw for 300. They didn't dominate but they also didn't exactly struggle.

D-line does need to step it up but Bomar has a lightning quick release and that makes it hard to get pressure.

There was nothing wrong the the oline, they consisently had 9-10 guys in the box all game. They were completely sold out on the run. Hence every play action was golden. They simply were not going to let the run beat them, that was their strategy.

Second of all, Bomar was as good as advertised, the D-line wasn't that bad, he was just that good. Really though I haven't seen a better opposing quarterback than that here. Same goes for the rest of the defense, not bad, not great but not bad. It appears we have expectations of the this years defense performing like last years at the end of the year. This year is just getting going, give them a chance.

99Bison
09-16-2007, 06:05 AM
I was at both and the SDSU game doesn't even come close to this game.

++++++++++

roadwarrior
09-16-2007, 06:51 AM
An easy answer -YES!

SlickVic
09-16-2007, 07:06 AM
An easy answer -YES!

hands down no doubt about it that game was the definition of an explotion.. there were slick plays being made all over the field and bomar was just absolutley disgusting

TheDoctor
09-16-2007, 07:24 AM
Rhett was BY FAR the BEST QB to EVER play in the dome. We gave up about 500 yds and we should be DAMN proud we won. In Walker we trust! ;)

SlickVic
09-16-2007, 07:49 AM
Rhett was BY FAR the BEST QB to EVER play in the dome. We gave up about 500 yds and we should be DAMN proud we won. In Walker we trust! ;)

no doubt about it...i've seen troy smith play twice in person THEE hiesman trophy winner and troy troy has nothing on bomar

TheDoctor
09-16-2007, 07:56 AM
You hit it on the nail Vic! ;)

NWNDBison
09-16-2007, 11:51 AM
A really good recap of the game from the Huntsville Item.

(Note that while the FFD's subdued crowd is often criticized in these forums, this Texas sports writer talks about the rowdy student section and "The crowd got so loud when the Bison took the field, it felt like the Fargodome was shaking.")

http://www.itemonline.com/sports/local_story_259020359.html?keyword=topstory

extremerouge
09-16-2007, 02:13 PM
its always interesting to see what visitors have to say about the fargodome experience. thanks for the link NWNDBison!

Gully
09-16-2007, 03:11 PM
Best game ever....great opponent and unbelievable atmosphere.

roadwarrior
09-16-2007, 04:03 PM
I hope the high school recruits and their parents in attendance last night enjoyed the game!

BisonNeil
09-16-2007, 05:29 PM

Agreed.

Our defense is not very good. Frick made everyone else around him look much better than they are since he always got double-teamed, some times triple-teamed. We have huge holes in the middle of our DL.

Safeties still not playing well either. Schommer has got to starting being in position on deep balls. Another MIA for him, IMHO. Richardson give too much of a cushion, they will dink it in front of him all game all season.

Our OL must also have read their press clippings from the first game. If you take away the Washington's end arounds, our rush game produced nothing. Granted, SHSU put 9-10 players in the box to shut down our running game, and since our O is not designed to go downfield with any 30+yd pass plays, we are ill-prepared to stretch the field. SHSU never had to take anybody out of the box except the FS, because most of our pass plays are 5-10 yarders. Other teams will pick up on that and we could struggle offensively if we don't adapt.

I think we could struggle this year, starting next week. But, at least we're not having to cheer for the Goophers, wow are they bad...

Hammerhead
09-16-2007, 05:57 PM
I'd still put the playoff game against Pittsburg (Kan.) State back in the late 80s/early 90s as the best Bison game I've seen. Still, I was glued to the gamecast on espn.com for most of the 2nd half.

KC_Hats
09-16-2007, 06:01 PM
The downpour rain game that NDSU won in 3 OTs or the one where NDSU missed on the two point conversion by less than an inch to lose the game.

Tatanka
09-16-2007, 06:04 PM
Best game I've attended. Period.

Mr. Burgundy
09-16-2007, 06:44 PM
Best game ever. Period. Bomar was unreal. UNREAL. Just a pleasure watching him. If anyone has any questions about D1.....Last night is the reason why I wanted to go. We played a GREAT football team. The atmosphere was awesome, and we may sellout every home game. While I don't see our defense as good as we were last year, maybe last night was a wakeup call. Central Michigan was brutal yesterday on ESPN 2. They were handled by Purdue EASILY. But, Purdue is a good big 10 team. Anyway, it was a classic night and it was awesome to see the dome full again.

99Bison
09-16-2007, 06:56 PM
IMHO You are extremely discrediting Bomar being rediculously good. And the great effort the other team put forth... and our team's ability to grow. Didn't you read Mc's article from today?

Agreed.
Our defense is not very good.

Two games have been played, first game gave up field goals when offensive was giving them the ball all game long. Second game played all world QB. Wow were's the faith or positive outlook or something.

Frick made everyone else around him look much better than they are since he always got double-teamed, some times triple-teamed. We have huge holes in the middle of our DL.

Frick yeah was really good. However, huge holes? Where, what game was this? The rest of the team other than Bomar scrambling had about 32 yards. If there were big holes they would have been able to run the ball.

Safeties still not playing well either. Schommer has got to starting being in position on deep balls. Another MIA for him, IMHO. Richardson give too much of a cushion, they will dink it in front of him all game all season.

Not sure about this, one pass made it over the top, and that was on the corner going for the stutter step.

Our OL must also have read their press clippings from the first game. If you take away the Washington's end arounds, our rush game produced nothing. Granted, SHSU put 9-10 players in the box to shut down our running game, and since our O is not designed to go downfield with any 30+yd pass plays, we are ill-prepared to stretch the field. SHSU never had to take anybody out of the box except the FS, because most of our pass plays are 5-10 yarders. Other teams will pick up on that and we could struggle offensively if we don't adapt.

It doesn't take 30+ pass plays to make them strech it out, just 15-20 will do and not to mention I am sure there are +30 plays in the book. In fact there were a pair of 27 yarders that worked out well.

The play action was golden all night long since they were sold out on the run, wish we would have used it more, especially in the first half.

I think we could struggle this year, starting next week. But, at least we're not having to cheer for the Goophers, wow are they bad...

Not sure were this stuggling comment comes from. They were ranked 14 and Bomar was sick good. Really, Struggling? I for one like games that are executed well by both teams and are close rather than blowouts. That's what happens when you schedule good teams. I mean how much more fun was that than almost any other game in the dome?

heymch86
09-16-2007, 07:45 PM
yeah that game in the mud against Pitt State was awesome, but we're talking about the best game in the Fargodome. Three cheers to Mean Gene for getting a great home schedule. No more yawners in the dome!

KC_Hats
09-17-2007, 01:38 AM
Last time I checked the Bison have been running this offense since Coach Bohl arrived and they put up all kinds of yards and points. This offense and defense is 12-1 in its last 13 games and with this batch of players 2-0 against some very good competition.

UTH
09-17-2007, 01:49 AM
Best game ever. Period. Bomar was unreal. UNREAL. Just a pleasure watching him.

I can't say "pleasure watching him" describes the way I felt at the time. :praying: Now that it's over, though, well, that's another story. :cool:

NDSUFREAK
09-17-2007, 02:07 AM
oh, well it was a pretty good game at best......

BisBison
09-17-2007, 03:49 AM
Best.

Game.

Ever.

:bong: agreed. and I've been to them all.

Herd80
09-17-2007, 02:47 PM
Sellout crowd....check
Said crowd making noise the entire game....check
Two of the best QB's in FCS going after each other....check
Offensive masterpiece, hard hitting defenses....check
Quality game by two excellent teams....check
Last second win by the Bison....check
Maybe not the best ever, but....yep, best game ever at the Dome

Bison"FANatic"
09-17-2007, 02:54 PM
I really enjoyed the game last year against SDSU but I have never seen the dome go as nuts as it did after the last TD on Sat. There is only one word to describe it "AWESOME". My wife still thinks I broke her ribs as I picked her up and started jumping up and down screaming!!!!!!