PDA

View Full Version : Wilcox seems to be happy at his new home

TAILG8R
09-14-2007, 02:13 PM
In-Forum (http://www.in-forum.com/Sports/articles/178143)

Apparently he is now a punter also.

lakesbison
09-14-2007, 07:56 PM
*cricket noise... cricket noise*

TAILG8R
09-14-2007, 10:07 PM
Apparently Bison fans seem happy that Wilcox has anew home also.

BisonCountry
09-14-2007, 10:21 PM
I'm glad that he has gotten a chance to play. I've never held it against someone for transferring to another school for playing time, but I did hold it against him for quitting the team when he lost his starting job after game #1. I felt it showed some immaturity.

SirHinn
09-15-2007, 02:22 AM
I'm glad that he has gotten a chance to play. I've never held it against someone for transferring to another school for playing time, but I did hold it against him for quitting the team when he lost his starting job after game #1. I felt it showed some immaturity.

Why though? He was a walk on who lost his starting spot to a scholarship kicker. He had zero chance of regaining the kicking job since he lacked power on the kickoffs and to be quite frank wasn't a divison 1 caliber kicker. Backup kickers don't exactly get a ton of reps either. Doesn't it show some maturity by simply walking away and not causing anymore disruptions within the team?

TAILG8R
09-15-2007, 02:29 AM
I guess I don't know enough about the situation on a personal level to judge why and when he left. It's nice to see that he decided to continue doing what he obviously loves and had a place to do it close to where he was presently calling home.

I guess what I am saying is that he could of decided to just quit, walk away from football altogether, and worse, walk away from school.

Tatanka
09-15-2007, 02:45 AM
Agree with mhd. Good for the kid for finding a place where his skills can be utilized. Unfortunately that wasn't going to happen for him at NDSU.

BisonCountry
09-15-2007, 03:39 AM
Why though? He was a walk on who lost his starting spot to a scholarship kicker. He had zero chance of regaining the kicking job since he lacked power on the kickoffs and to be quite frank wasn't a divison 1 caliber kicker. Backup kickers don't exactly get a ton of reps either. Doesn't it show some maturity by simply walking away and not causing anymore disruptions within the team?
I don't know everything that went into him quiting after game 1 other than he lost the kickoff duties mid game after Bibeau showed he had a better distance on kickoffs. But my point is that he was part of the team, kickers can get injured too so a backup is a vital part of the team. Right now I believe we have 2 Punters and 3 Kickers on the roster.

Like I said earlier, glad that he has found a home at MSU.