PDA

View Full Version : you outdrew a Big 10 team Saturday

badgerphil
09-14-2007, 02:12 AM
Just thought you green and gold fanatics might be pleased to know that last Saturday's crowd in your 'dome beat Northwestern's pack of rabid fans in Evanston by about 1000. The Wildcats had 17,000 in their house to watch what turned out to be a thrilling win over Nevada.

TheBisonator
09-14-2007, 03:10 AM
Big Ten, here we come!!:D

TheDoctor
09-14-2007, 04:45 AM
The BIG Ten has 11 and with 12 they could have a North and South division allowing Michigan and Ohio State to play for a conference championship if it worked out that way. I heard an interview with their commish and while he said their not going to fill that spot just to fill it, if the right team came along it would be nice. Geographically I think we fit! Dome expansion here we come! ;)

badgerphil
09-14-2007, 06:38 PM
No Big Ten for you today! We'll never let the Bison in after what they did to UW in basketball a couple of seasons back. I'll never forget going to that game with my brother-in-law and telling him not to expect much of a contest as NDSU was new to D-1. (And then the next season you beat Marquette.)

You can attone for your sins if the Bison beats Minny in football. Which is very possible as I think the Gophers are going in the wrong direction since grinning Glen left town.

TheBisonator
09-14-2007, 08:13 PM
No Big Ten for you today! We'll never let the Bison in after what they did to UW in basketball a couple of seasons back. I'll never forget going to that game with my brother-in-law and telling him not to expect much of a contest as NDSU was new to D-1. (And then the next season you beat Marquette.)

You can attone for your sins if the Bison beats Minny in football. Which is very possible as I think the Gophers are going in the wrong direction since grinning Glen left town.

I'm very confident we can beat the Goofers this year. Central Michigan next Saturday will be our toughest game of the year IMO, and that's the one I'm really worried about.

The Goofers are having trouble with mid-level MAC teams. We beat a mid-level MAC team last year at their place. I'm very confident with that game.

jeffdaryl3rd
09-15-2007, 01:46 AM
Big Ten = Big Two + Little Nine

Herd
09-15-2007, 01:53 PM
If the big two is Wisconsin and Ohio State, maybe. This year, with Michigan struggling, the Big Ten will be very open and competitive. This year any one of 4 or 5 teams could win it, but Wisconsin is definitely the favorite. Other than Wisconsin, the Big Ten looks to be on the outside of the top of the BCS rankings.

TheDoctor
09-15-2007, 08:16 PM
Big Ten = Big Two + Little Nine

So true! All the more reason to add a little 10th so the big two can play in the conference championship game each year. ;)

Tatanka
09-16-2007, 05:47 PM
Looks like teh goophers at FAU drew worse than UND v (weekly cupcake)... :hide:

BigBison
09-16-2007, 05:51 PM
id have to say Penn State

BisonNeil
09-16-2007, 06:02 PM
I'm very confident we can beat the Goofers this year. Central Michigan next Saturday will be our toughest game of the year IMO, and that's the one I'm really worried about.

The Goofers are having trouble with mid-level MAC teams. We beat a mid-level MAC team last year at their place. I'm very confident with that game.

Mid-Mac, hell, the Goophers are having trouble with a lower tier Sun Belt conference member. Not a good year to be a Goopher fan.

If you all recall, on the GopherHole they were doing the usually blogger exercise of picking the W/L record. Everyone, I mean everyone, said their non-conference schedule had 4 "gimmies". Well, so for they are 3/4 done with their gimmie non-conf schedule and sit at a very solid 1-2. If the Miami-Ohio kicker wasn't worse than Gianinni they would be 0-3.