PDA

View Full Version : 44 . . . to the Bat-pole

Herd
09-11-2007, 03:19 AM
Defensive help is on its way folks. Our best LB (no offense 8 & 17) is back in the fold. Expect much more from the entire defense in week #2. You can count on it!!

onbison09
09-11-2007, 03:21 AM
I forgot about that. Hopefully he can help the secondary.

SlickVic
09-11-2007, 03:45 AM
I forgot about that. Hopefully he can help the secondary.

agreed ramon is the best backer ive ever seen in the dome mays is definatley the most intimadating player thats ever played for the bison and he hits with some straight heat every single time but i dont think ive ever seen ramon miss a tackle but id rank mays right up there along with mr leclair but the secondary doesnt need any help at all i mean david earl looks straight mean out there

Herd
09-11-2007, 03:50 AM
I think the D will have more confidence all around with 44 back in the lineup, and we'll see an improved effort. While I agree that the corners played pretty well, I did not think the safeties played that well. Lots of work to do!

SlickVic
09-11-2007, 03:57 AM
yeah the D-line is another thing dont know why compton is starting over dallas christian or whatever his name is that guy looks like a straight beast and i thought compton looked straight useless but the second half think that dallas kid played more then compton did so bohl will figure it out but lardinois was getting all sorts of pressure...you throw ramon back in there with mays and pressure up the middle should be no problem..but ya the safties missed some tackles and looked pretty slow belmont looked straight foolish taunting on that lick he made if you whatch that on replay he almost hit agebatola as hard as that SFA wr hahaha my oh my

Herd
09-11-2007, 04:01 AM
I agree that Dallas needs to get most of the snaps. Compton has some speed to chase around a running QB on 3rd and long, but Dallas doesn't get pushed around out there. Lardinois and Dallas will put some pressure on Bomar next week.

SlickVic
09-11-2007, 04:04 AM
chea mix it up with mays and humber on the blitz and bomar will be getting introduced to the FFD turf multiple times saturday but that QB from sfa is not scrambling for all those yards with ramon on the field it just would not happen..all i seen from compton the hole game was him getting owned but ya really like what i seen of dallas

CaBisonFan
09-11-2007, 07:45 AM
Defensive help is on its way folks. Our best LB (no offense 8 & 17) is back in the fold. Expect much more from the entire defense in week #2. You can count on it!!

Why didn't he play?

OldBison
09-11-2007, 12:49 PM
Why didn't he play?

Ramon had a MIP violation, and disorderly conduct. I think the latter got him a game suspension. Ryan Foster (OG) got a MIP and only lost his starting job, he still got to play last Sat.

OldBison
09-11-2007, 12:53 PM
I think the D will have more confidence all around with 44 back in the lineup, and we'll see an improved effort. While I agree that the corners played pretty well, I did not think the safeties played that well. Lots of work to do!

Bohl also said the safeties were a mixed bag, too many blown coverages. Belmont hit people, but I think that is all he is looking for, the big hit. He missed several other tackles, and for most of the game it appeared Schommer didn't even step onto the field, it was as though we had only 10 players out there he was so out of position. Nystrom talked him too much his off season.

If our safeties play as poorly against SHSU as they did last week, and if we don't get anybody who can rush Bomar except Lardinois, it is going to be a dismal day for the D, Humber or not.

HerdBot
09-11-2007, 01:30 PM

I think he's our 2nd best linebacker. Mays is the top dog but Ramone is a close 2nd and getting him back will help. We'll also be getting one of our starting offensive lineman back so the depth will be better. More importantly, we've got a game under our belt so we should see some big time improvement from week 1 to 2. I expect to see a big win.

SlickVic
09-11-2007, 05:27 PM
I think he's our 2nd best linebacker. Mays is the top dog but Ramone is a close 2nd and getting him back will help. We'll also be getting one of our starting offensive lineman back so the depth will be better. More importantly, we've got a game under our belt so we should see some big time improvement from week 1 to 2. I expect to see a big win.

mays mays is def our top dog on defense but ramon is our best backer