PDA

View Full Version : Personal Attacks

BisonBabe
09-10-2007, 06:41 PM
Are the personal attacks really necessary? I think it is getting really old the last couple of days. Can we all just grow up and agree to disagree rather than the back and forth insults? My two kids (7 & 11) know better than to behave like this. I realize that some on this board are young but there is no reason to act that way. Also there is no reason for those that are older to act like children.

I may get flamed for this but you all need to step back and realize that you are not presenting yourselves well at all.

westriver bison
09-10-2007, 07:02 PM
Are the personal attacks really necessary? I think it is getting really old the last couple of days. Can we all just grow up and agree to disagree rather than the back and forth insults? My two kids (7 & 11) know better than to behave like this. I realize that some on this board are young but there is no reason to act that way. Also there is no reason for those that are older to act like children.

I may get flamed for this but you all need to step back and realize that you are not presenting yourselves well at all.

I agree, time to grow up

roadwarrior
09-10-2007, 07:19 PM
You are right on BisonBabe! There just might be a user ban coming soon.

TheDoctor
09-10-2007, 07:32 PM
You are right on BisonBabe! There just might be a user ban coming soon.

I told you SlickVic.....don't make the great Road Warrior mad. ;)

roadwarrior
09-10-2007, 08:26 PM
It wasn't me starting the discussion of possible bans.

roadwarrior
09-10-2007, 08:30 PM
There is a FLAG on the play!

Or in this case a FLAG on the discussion!

TheDoctor
09-10-2007, 08:30 PM
I am just teasing you Road :D. I could have threatened him with Tony, but RoadWarrior sounds tougher, I guess because of the old WWF wrestler. ;)

aces1180
09-10-2007, 08:48 PM
I am just teasing you Road :D. I could have threatened him with Tony, but RoadWarrior sounds tougher, I guess because of the old WWF wrestler. ;)

His son, James Laurinaitis, plays linebacker for Ohio State and is from Minnesota. Joe Laurinaitis was known as Roadwarrior Animal. :)

sambini
09-10-2007, 09:00 PM

Well said BisonBabe.++++

sambini
09-11-2007, 04:32 AM
You know life is to short. We are all BISON. So get along.

Bison bison
09-11-2007, 02:51 PM
++++++++++++

SlickVic
09-12-2007, 12:13 AM
His son, James Laurinaitis, plays linebacker for Ohio State and is from Minnesota. Joe Laurinaitis was known as Roadwarrior Animal. :)

I sat about 2 rows back from the roadwarrior at the ohio state iowa game last year and that guy is pretty sweet...he's no where near as slick as ted ginn sr tho i mean my oh my teddy ginn sr had more bling than most rappers i talked to him and herbstreet for about 5 min there both real gone cats

4mcruenomore
09-12-2007, 04:07 AM
Personal Attacks are just something you have to live with on the 'net IMO. I usually ignore them unless I am dishing it out. Lots of people are internet tough guys, it's easier to say whatever you want when you are somewhat anonymous.

UTH
09-12-2007, 04:31 PM
Personal Attacks are just something you have to live with on the 'net IMO. I usually ignore them unless I am dishing it out. Lots of people are internet tough guys, it's easier to say whatever you want when you are somewhat anonymous.

Funny you should use that terminology. Normally, this is what we're dealing with...

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/indio_rojas/internettoughguy2za1.jpg

TheDoctor
09-13-2007, 05:25 AM
Please NOT "that" guy! ;)

BisonBabe
09-13-2007, 10:57 AM

I am well aware that attacks are common on the internet. My point was that the majority of us are all fans of NDSU and the pointless attacks against each other is unnecessary. I can ignore it just fine but tend to form opinions of the users that they are either very young or need to go home to mommy and daddy.

Bison bison
09-14-2007, 02:26 PM
they are either very young or need to go home to mommy and daddy.

and that isn't a personal attack?

BisonBabe
09-14-2007, 02:36 PM

At any point did I single out a member in any of my comments on this thread?

WYOBISONMAN
09-14-2007, 02:40 PM
I am well aware that attacks are common on the internet. My point was that the majority of us are all fans of NDSU and the pointless attacks against each other is unnecessary. I can ignore it just fine but tend to form opinions of the users that they are either very young or need to go home to mommy and daddy.

I am with you on this......maybe it is time to get out the red moderator pen.:banghead:

BisonBabe
09-14-2007, 02:54 PM
I am with you on this......maybe it is time to get out the red moderator pen.:banghead:

It would be nice if the Moderators did not have to worry about this.

Bison bison
09-14-2007, 03:26 PM

you addressed individuals (even as a group), not their opinions

it's like saying all people from north dakota are x. it is still a personal attack even though you didn't say Joe. J. Johnson.

BisonBabe
09-14-2007, 05:14 PM

you addressed individuals (even as a group), not their opinions

it's like saying all people from north dakota are x. it is still a personal attack even though you didn't say Joe. J. Johnson.

I assume you are making this claim based on my wording of some users. It seems to me that you are using quite an interpretation into what I typed. Are you inside my head to know exactly whom I am referring to?

TransAmBison
09-14-2007, 05:22 PM
To your respective corners. :) Any more and I'll make you face the corner. :D

WYOBISONMAN
09-14-2007, 05:23 PM
It would be nice if the Moderators did not have to worry about this.

I agree......I would rather worry about what will be my next Bison game to attend and what beverage to bring to the tailgate!

Bison bison
09-14-2007, 05:30 PM
I assume you are making this claim based on my wording of some users. It seems to me that you are using quite an interpretation into what I typed. Are you inside my head to know exactly whom I am referring to?

it's your use of 'they are either very young or need to go home to their mommy and daddy' which i find ironic as you are trying to discuss personal attacks.

there is a distinct difference between referring to one's behavior as juvenile and calling them one. once again you are criticizing the person, not the opinion.

WYOBISONMAN
09-14-2007, 06:00 PM
Alright......enough bitching at each other. Let's talk BISON FOOTBALL!

This thread is locked.