PDA

View Full Version : On the bright side, 18,823 showed up, and a sellout. (Plus other thoughts)

TheBisonator
09-09-2007, 11:22 PM
And we won anyway, and we were on (esentially with satellite) national TV, so the Dome nazi thing doesn't seem as bad as it really is right??:D

I'm a student, and I (stand) in the student section, so I have never had to experience any problems with the Dome Nazis. I think they understand to leave all 4,000 students the hell alone, because we're the freaking students, and they know not to fnck with us. But I agree, it sucks if people are indeed being thrown out in other sections for just cheering. I sit across the aisle from the season ticket holders who are in section 18 (I'm in section 17), and whenever it was 3rd down, I would hold up three fingers and wave my arms and cheer to the people slumped in their seats, "3RD DOWN, PEOPLE!! MAKE SOME NOISE!!" and almost all of them would just sit there and stare at me. I agree something needs to be done about that. And it's not a problem I have with the senior citizens doing nothing, it's the people under the age of 50 who are doing this, and they seem to actually be the majority.

In any case, we had out 2nd straight sellout of Bison football last night. I doubt we'll get our third next week, but I hope the place isn't a morgue.

About the game: Every aspect of the team looked really good with the exception of 1) Steve Walker, with his uncharacteristic 4 INT's, and 2) stupid PF penalties. The offense was efficient, the defense looked sharp, and the game plan seemed to be good. SFA has an AMAZING QB in Southall. I think he'll wind up in the NFL. Our D did the best they could with him. Bomar is not as mobile as Southall, so I think we'll have better success sacking him next week. I don't blame the WR's for the INT's. I place that on Walker's shoulders. But I know he won't be doing the same next week. It's tough sometimes to have to win like that, but if I know Coach Bohl (and I do, very well), he'll have these guys prepared for Sam Houston.

I also read some idiotic comments by a couple UND fans on SS.com after their win over SUU that they think they would beat the Bison badly if they played us, and they think they have the best team in the state. I would just say one thing to that: 63 schollies versus 36. NDSU has 63 and you have 36. Your team, with your 36 schollies, has the ability to beat one I-AA team per year if you play them in Week 2. See how many games your EXACT current team with 36 schollies would win with NDSU's schedule. I'll put the over/under at 2. If we traded schedules RIGHT NOW, NDSU would wind up winning the DII championship and UND would finish 3-8, maybe. Wait until you have at least 57 schollies to mouth off, Sioux fans.

heymch86
09-09-2007, 11:45 PM
time to get it over with GT. Yeah I know you want to be a pain in the ass for the sue. you don't want to help them out. I hate UND as much as anyone, my first words were sue suck. But, it's time. lets start playing them again.

TheBisonator
09-09-2007, 11:47 PM
time to get it over with GT. Yeah I know you want to be a pain in the ass for the sue. you don't want to help them out. I hate UND as much as anyone, my first words were sue suck. But, it's time. lets start playing them again.

The only good reason I would see playing UND would be so we could give them a 30-point ass whooping and shut all their fans up. But this thread isn't necessarily about UND, so I'll shut up myself about that now.:D

met1990
09-09-2007, 11:48 PM

Let's give it a few years when they actually count on our schedule. Then I'd be more than happy to play them again. Until then, I and 18,822 other people are quite satisfied with the schedules Gene puts together.

heymch86
09-10-2007, 12:05 AM
lets see if we get that much again this year, with the marker game in Brookings. I hope we do, but i say lets be the ones to step up (as we always are) and get this thing over with

lakesbison
09-10-2007, 04:09 AM
NO UND U IDIOTS!!! GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEADS!!

5 years and COUNTING!! THEY CAN SIT IN THE CORNER!!!! FOREVER!

NO ONE.. I MEAN NO ONE even mentions them cept for a couple of MORONS!!

TheDoctor
09-10-2007, 04:15 AM

I have to give you credit Lakes...the sedatives you take keep you calm now 90% of the time, BUT this topic still makes you act like a fool. Take deep breathes and tell yourself "I think I can, I think I can" and the urge to freak out will pass. I promise. ;)

heymch86
09-10-2007, 04:29 AM
hahaha, lakesbison calling people idiots and morons. hahaha

TransAmBison
09-10-2007, 04:38 AM

I picture Lakes like the Incredible hulk. Mild mannered guy most of the time, but at the mention of Firetrucks he becomes angered...enranged...aaaaAAAARRRRRGGGGhhhhh!!!! He balloons up in size and his fingers swell and he is forced to write in all caps and in short sentences with lots of extra spaces between one sentence paragraphs!

Hammersmith
09-10-2007, 04:46 AM
I feel like we're all in a stupidity vise. We've got lakes(The CAPSLOCK and !!!!! superhero) on one side and SlickVic(I'm too sexy for punctuation/Doesn't everybody want to know who I'm betting on?) on the other. My IQ drops several points everytime I check out one of their threads.
<sigh>

UTH
09-10-2007, 05:36 AM
B1SON, heymch86, TransAmBison, and Hammersmith,

Personally I really love having lakesbison around for the exact reasons you've brought up. He may be very predictable, simplistic, and unimaginative in his pet rantings, but I see his input as a true breath of fresh air. He really knows how keep his eye on the ball.

Here's how I think it goes down on lakes' computer: He probably doesn't touch the caps lock that much at all. You mention Wrong Subject A? He hits button 1. You mention Wrong Subject B? Well, that's button 2, of course. His reactions to certain statements are so predictable that, when someone mentions one of his pet subjects, those reactions are more of an extension of the original post than a post by lakes. By now, you have to know what you're getting when you mention certain subjects.

Take those pet subjects away and you have original, interesting stuff. I love it all.

SlickVic
09-10-2007, 05:40 AM
why wouldnt you want to know who im betting on? you make no sense

SlickVic
09-10-2007, 05:42 AM
on one hand you got slickvic dropping dimes and dominating spreads and on the other hand you have hammersmith making comments such as...
"The logos in the endzone did look great on TV. " hahahaha my oh my

TheDoctor
09-10-2007, 05:44 AM

Personally I really love having lakesbison around for the exact reasons you've brought up. He may be very predictable, simplistic, and unimaginative in his pet rantings, but I see his input as a true breath of fresh air. He really knows how keep his eye on the ball.

Here's how I think it goes down on lakes' computer: He probably doesn't touch the caps lock that much at all. You mention Wrong Subject A? He hits button 1. You mention Wrong Subject B? Well, that's button 2, of course. His reactions to certain statements are so predictable that, when someone mentions one of his pet subjects, those reactions are more of an extension of the original post than a post by lakes. By now, you have to know what you're getting when you mention certain subjects.

Take those pet subjects away and you have original, interesting stuff. I love it all.

You love it all so much that you used Lake's pic (on his new sedatives) for your avatar! ;)

TheDoctor
09-10-2007, 05:46 AM
I feel like we're all in a stupidity vise. We've got lakes(The CAPSLOCK and !!!!! superhero) on one side and SlickVic(I'm too sexy for punctuation/Doesn't everybody want to know who I'm betting on?) on the other. My IQ drops several points everytime I check out one of their threads.
<sigh>

Well said Hammer...well said. ;)

UTH
09-10-2007, 05:49 AM
You love it all so much that you used Lakes pic (on the new sedatives) for your avatar! ;)

Now THAT is funny. I can appreciate that.

SlickVic
09-10-2007, 06:00 AM
"The logos in the endzone did look great on TV. " well said hammer well said

TransAmBison
09-10-2007, 07:54 AM

Good stuff! You might be on to something here. Kind of like an automated phone service? If talking about firetrucks, please press 1 now, if talking about...

bisonmike2
09-10-2007, 12:17 PM
And we won anyway, and we were on (esentially with satellite) national TV, so the Dome nazi thing doesn't seem as bad as it really is right??:D

I also read some idiotic comments by a couple UND fans on SS.com after their win over SUU that they think they would beat the Bison badly if they played us, and they think they have the best team in the state. I would just say one thing to that: 63 schollies versus 36. NDSU has 63 and you have 36. Your team, with your 36 schollies, has the ability to beat one I-AA team per year if you play them in Week 2. See how many games your EXACT current team with 36 schollies would win with NDSU's schedule. I'll put the over/under at 2. If we traded schedules RIGHT NOW, NDSU would wind up winning the DII championship and UND would finish 3-8, maybe. Wait until you have at least 57 schollies to mouth off, Sioux fans.

Let them bask in the glory of defeating the team that has finished last in our conference every year. Of course they are going to be confident. They've beat 2 I-aa teams in a row now. UNI badly overlooked them and got hit in the mouth and SUU is never very good. Let's see what they do with a full I-aa schedule, until then I'll enjoy watching them get to the playoffs and get beat once again by Grand Valley State.

sambini
09-10-2007, 01:17 PM

SERENITY NOW LAKES
SERENITY NOW