PDA

View Full Version : Intro Video

Jdubs21
09-09-2007, 03:10 PM
what are the thoughts of the intro video....personally i wasnt a fan, i miss thunderstruck or atleast some music to pump the fans up...so hopefully that was just for opening day and a new vid appears next weekend

NDSUFREAK
09-09-2007, 03:14 PM
The intro was a HUGE THUMBS DOWN and i hope people working with the intro looks at the paper and this board. Intro sucked. I have proof because my mom said it was "cute"

No_Skill
09-09-2007, 03:28 PM
I have this to say about the intro video...

I'm mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it anymore! :banghead: :mad: :banghead:

The intro has got to go. Either play the one from last year or come up with something new.

On a positive note I loved the Thundar video and the montage after halftime of such classics as Rudy, Animal House, War Games, Rocky, etc. I was lauging my ass off.

Tatanka
09-09-2007, 03:30 PM
Intro, aside from Coach Bohl telling the crowd to make some noise: terrible.

Thundar intro: made my kids laugh, which I suppose is the target audience. Not bad in that respect.

BisonNeil
09-09-2007, 04:21 PM
The intro was a HUGE THUMBS DOWN and i hope people working with the intro looks at the paper and this board. Intro sucked. I have proof because my mom said it was "cute"

Agreed, it was terrible. Yet another step backwards from everything we enjoyed about last year...

NDSUFREAK
09-09-2007, 04:24 PM
Agreed, it was terrible. Yet another step backwards from everything we enjoyed about last year...
All they need to do right now is play Enter Sandman with some graphics on the tv lights on the turf and that will be enough to pump you up! I'm listening to it right now and i want to run through a wall!!! EXIT LIGHT!! ENTER NIGHTT!! TAKE MY HAND!! OFF TO NEVER NEVER LAND!!!

SDbison
09-09-2007, 04:30 PM
The intro video sucked. Doesn't matter what they put on the video though because 70% of the fans don't know how to cheer and have no concept what a big game atmosphere really means!

onbison09
09-09-2007, 04:35 PM
Intro sucked on the computer play Thunderstruck or Enter Sandman. Virginia Tech has one of the best entrances in college football. When they play Enter Sandman that places goes nuts. If this doesn't get you pumped you need to check your pulse. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5h1EW5z1wdc

NDSUFREAK
09-09-2007, 04:39 PM
Intro sucked on the computer play Thunderstruck or Enter Sandman. Virginia Tech has one of the best entrances in college football. When they play Enter Sandman that places goes nuts. If this doesn't get you pumped you need to check your pulse. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5h1EW5z1wdc
i've listened to it about 5 times previous to this post...i'm ready

heymch86
09-09-2007, 07:41 PM
how about mono-tone scott peters up on the big screen before the game. man, if that video didnt bore you to do death, listening to peters put you to sleep. definitely should get mr hi-again-everybody back on there or just have drago do it

NDSUFREAK
09-09-2007, 07:47 PM
how about mono-tone scott peters up on the big screen before the game. man, if that video didnt bore you to do death, listening to peters put you to sleep. definitely should get mr hi-again-everybody back on there or just have drago do it
Lets have Drago do it. :)

BigBison
09-09-2007, 08:33 PM
Hey atleast our new intro video isnt as bad as this K-state video:

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1774286

Jdubs21
09-09-2007, 09:07 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA i feel alot better about ours

Tatanka
09-09-2007, 09:20 PM
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Holy crap! That's franking terrible!

roadwarrior
09-09-2007, 09:49 PM
I kept waiting last night for the good stuff to start on the intro......and then when the team appeared.......well I guess there wasnt any good stuff.

aces1180
09-09-2007, 10:34 PM
Yeah, the video was crap. Very disappointing.

sambini
09-09-2007, 11:16 PM
Let Drago do it+++

TheBisonator
09-09-2007, 11:25 PM
I agree, that intro was a DUD. Bring back the one from last year, with the herd stampeding thru North Dakota, and the town signs. That one gave me GOOSEBUMPS!!

NDSUFREAK
09-10-2007, 12:24 AM
I agree, that intro was a DUD. Bring back the one from last year, with the herd stampeding thru North Dakota, and the town signs. That one gave me GOOSEBUMPS!!
Plus Enter Sandman

UTH
09-10-2007, 12:42 AM
Nobody's brought this little masterpiece up yet???...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g8cwPZ6Q0A

Mr. Burgundy
09-10-2007, 01:33 AM
Why is there always some problem with the camera when they are in the "tunnel walk?" How hard can this be people. Overall, the opener was a frustrating one. Although, I was impressed with the turnout for tailgating. The weather was brutal........remember, you have to drink that in a plastic cup. yeah, I know.

Swaghook
09-10-2007, 01:43 AM
The intro would make a good commercial but as an intro to the game it blows. Bring back last years. Maybe we need a petition to get it done.

No_Skill
09-10-2007, 02:44 AM
Hopefully the "powers that be" pay attention to these boards and give the people what they want.

pmp6nl
09-10-2007, 03:34 AM
Bring back the video from last year, it is much better.

I have heard this from countless students, myself included.

(Not that this year's video isnt absolutely terrible, it just doesnt stand up to last year's video)

Go Bison

sambini
09-10-2007, 03:49 AM
Bring back last years+++

Bisonfan1
09-10-2007, 04:37 AM
The intro video should set the tone for the fans, rabid, loud, get pumped up before the team even hits the field. The place should be rockin so everyone in the locker room can hear the crowd before the doors even open. That intro video was absolutely horrible, Im with Road, was waiting for the real fire works and then here comes the Herd down the tunnel. Has NDSU put someone new in charge in the marketing Dept. to cater to the living dead at the STALE DOME. Might as well start the whole program with all the ricoulus "rules" of the dome and really lull everyone to sleep or put everyone in their shell so heaven forbid they dont stand and cheer when it is not appropriate. I thought Coach Bohl was pleading for a hostile environment after a coach commented that the Joke Dome was "a nice quite place to play in" The almighty DOLLAR is dictating way too much of what has been happenning lately. Come on NDSU - do something about this !!!!

bisonmike2
09-10-2007, 12:09 PM
Hey atleast our new intro video isnt as bad as this K-state video:

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1774286

That's awesome! I thought he was playing on a guitar hero controller until it zoomed in.

Thundarette05
09-10-2007, 03:25 PM
I truly don't even remember what the intro was. I remember Scott Peters and Bohl talking........was that the intro? I agree, it had to have been bad if I don't even remember it. I sat bring back Hallstrom and bring back the old intro!!

lakesbison
09-10-2007, 04:44 PM
WHY DO THEY DO THE DAM ANTHEM AFTER THE INTRO>>

talk about a LET DOWN!!

GET EVERYONE CRAZY for that intro and people get pumped.. then my girl looks at me and says' " oh geez what a PARTY KILLER!!!"

ANTHEM FIRST... THEN THE INTRO!!! GET A FREAKIN CLUE!!! GET THE MUSIC ROCKING RIGHT UP TO KICKOFF!!

Bison bison
09-10-2007, 04:48 PM
in the words of the great Sambini, ++++++

BigBison
09-10-2007, 06:24 PM
the reason why they do the anthem after the intro video is because they would then have to the team come out do the anthem go back in the locker room and then come back out and rush the field. too much on off on off on the field.

TheBisonator
09-10-2007, 06:51 PM
I agree about bringing back last year's intro. It can't be hard to do that, I mean, it's not like they destroyed the thing and don't have any more copies of it. Just take last year's intro off the shelf and pop that one into the video PA system instead of the new POS they made. No excuses not to do that.

Last year's intro was the best one they ever did anyway. Why not keep it for a little while??

imabison
09-11-2007, 12:46 AM
I agree about bringing back last year's intro. It can't be hard to do that, I mean, it's not like they destroyed the thing and don't have any more copies of it. Just take last year's intro off the shelf and pop that one into the video PA system instead of the new POS they made. No excuses not to do that.

Last year's intro was the best one they ever did anyway. Why not keep it for a little while??
I believe that Coach Bohl has alot of input into the Intro Video.

TAILG8R
09-11-2007, 12:49 AM
I think we need to make a call or two into tomorrows show about the video. I like having coach Bohl on the video, but it definitely needs the elements from previous years.

I was telling my wife all afternoon that we needed to be at the game early enough to see the intro. It's been a few years since she has been to a game. After the intro played and the team came out, I turned and looked at my wife and said "Well, that sucked." I was really disappointed.

Jdubs21
09-11-2007, 01:39 AM
agreed.....atleats get some thrunderstruck or enter sandman playing

87Bisonfan
09-11-2007, 03:19 PM
I think calling into the show today about the video may help some. I found out today that Coach Bohl does not pick the intro video. If people call in about the video, the message will probably get to the right people that do make the decision.

Swany
09-11-2007, 04:38 PM
The video was extraordinarily bad. However, I do not think Coach really cares one way or the other about the video. His focus is on the game, not the video boards. Probably wouldn't hurt to e-mail or call the athletic department to give them your input. I'd bet if you call the coach show to complain about the video he'd tell he has other things to worry about and isn't concerned with the video.

With that said, I am hopeful by this weekend the athletic department will have a new (the old) video back up. It is too short notice to produce a new one in one week so I'd venture a guess we'll see last year's on the board.

BigBison
09-11-2007, 07:16 PM
I really dont think we'll see last years ever agian besides on youtube just becuase whoever made this new one probably really likes it and since they went to the trouble of making it they are going to want to show it no matter how bad or good it is. What I think would be a good happy median is to show the new coach Bohl video and then show last years video, the coach Bohl video is short enough to do that. Atleast they could play thunderstruck with the Bohl video and it would still make it better.

UTH
09-11-2007, 07:28 PM
I really dont think we'll see last years ever agian besides on youtube just becuase whoever made this new one probably really likes it and since they went to the trouble of making it they are going to want to show it no matter how bad or good it is.

Sad but true, methinks. ;)

aces1180
09-12-2007, 08:07 PM
I just found out that the video will be a little different this weekend...Hopefully they add some "METAL!"

roadwarrior
09-12-2007, 08:44 PM
Good news! I know that this board is read by someone at the BSA.

Bison"FANatic"
09-12-2007, 09:34 PM
I've been lurking on this site for a few months now and I finally decided to sign up and give my 2 cents. I sure hope they have a Rockin Intro, I was a huge fan of last years version so I hope they change up the music from the first week and get that place going crazy!!!!!! This is my first game of the year as I was out of town last weekend so I am ready to get this season rolling!!!!

TAILG8R
09-12-2007, 09:35 PM
Welcome Bison"FANatic".

We're glad you decided to post, but be cautious. Posting has been known to very contagious.

aces1180
09-12-2007, 10:23 PM
Welcome Bison"FANatic".

We're glad you decided to post, but be cautious. Posting has been known to very contagious.

I know that my work productivity has gone down since I started posting. ;)

NDSUFREAK
09-12-2007, 11:03 PM
Welcome Bison"FANatic".

oh yes it is. i got here the same way FANatic did am I am sure he will be at 1,000 in no time!

No_Skill
09-13-2007, 01:20 AM
I just found out that the video will be a little different this weekend...Hopefully they add some "METAL!"

I'm hoping it will be a lot different. :blush:

DIGRAPPLER
09-13-2007, 02:13 AM
I called the ticket office today to let them know that everyone in my group was disappointed and they transfered me to Tony with Marketing. I told him that I brought my neighbor and his kid along and had been telling them how cool last years intro was. When we got there it was a different one. He said that it has been different every year and it has always gone along with the theme of the commercial and they were a little surprised by the reaction but were please that the intro video has become such an important part of the game day atmosphere. I guess there were a couple reason why people didn't like it. People got the Thundar skit confused with the intro because it was played so close together. But the biggest beef was that people expected to see the same one as last year and they didn't. That was my problem, I wanted to see the Bison run through my home town!!!!!! He thanked me for taking the time to call and give input AND he said they were probably going with the fan favorite and using last years video!! Does anyone know Tony, I hope he wasn't feeding me a line!! Can anyone confirm?
If there is a full house and that video is played the place is going to go nuts!

Jdubs21
09-13-2007, 02:14 AM
yes METAL would be nice...enter sandman would be a nice change but i have no complaints with thunderstruck....i swear that song was made for bison football...hahaha

aces1180
09-13-2007, 02:16 AM
I called the ticket office today to let them know that everyone in my group was disappointed and they transfered me to Tony with Marketing. I told him that I brought my neighbor and his kid along and had been telling them how cool last years intro was. When we got there it was a different one. He said that it has been different every year and it has always gone along with the theme of the commercial and they were a little surprised by the reaction but were please that the intro video has become such an important part of the game day atmosphere. I guess there were a couple reason why people didn't like it. People got the Thundar skit confused with the intro because it was played so close together. But the biggest beef was that people expected to see the same one as last year and they didn't. That was my problem, I wanted to see the Bison run through my home town!!!!!! He thanked me for taking the time to call and give input AND he said they were probably going with the fan favorite and using last years video!! Does anyone know Tony, I hope he wasn't feeding me a line!! Can anyone confirm?
If there is a full house and that video is played the place is going to go nuts!

Do you mean Troy? He is the Director of Marketing and Promotions and wouldn't give you a line of bull. I would say you can trust him.

Tatanka
09-13-2007, 02:17 AM
Excellent news. Perhaps they could play this year's intro as the intro to the real intro, which is of course last year's intro. And Thundar's intro could intro this years intro, making it the intro to the intro to the intro. Perhaps we could form a committee to make a resolution to recommend (or at least introduce) this solution. :bow:

Jdubs21
09-13-2007, 02:19 AM
we'd prolly be the only team in the nation to have an intro to the intro to the intro video :) lol

Tatanka
09-13-2007, 02:20 AM
Yes. YouTube better add some hard drive space.:nod:

DIGRAPPLER
09-13-2007, 02:21 AM
Ok it could have been Troy. It was a after 5, since I don;t know anyone personally in the athletics department it could have been a janitor! ha! I guess we can look forward to it Saturday. I don't think it will help sell out the dome, but it will sure get me fired up!

TAILG8R
09-13-2007, 02:25 AM
I think seeing the game footage and the big hits gets more people fired up and cheering than just coach Bohl alone. I think they should cut some of the coach Bohl intro into the beginning of last years intro. Have Bohl come on and tell everyone to get fired up and then show them why they should be getting excited.

Jdubs21
09-13-2007, 02:25 AM
if its the same video and no music...anyone feel like breaking into the sound room and turning on thunderstruck as loud as those speakers will go? and if that doesnt work i guess we'll all have to jsut bring out ipods and make our own music haha

DIGRAPPLER
09-13-2007, 02:29 AM
I think seeing the game footage and the big hits gets more people fired up and cheering than just coach Bohl alone. I think they should cut some of the coach Bohl intro into the beginning of last years intro. Have Bohl come on and tell everyone to get fired up and then show them why they should be getting excited.

I don't think last years video had any highlights, just the camera cruising through north dakota with the herd of Bison.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JykJ7hcACMc

TAILG8R
09-13-2007, 02:31 AM
You're right. I got last years and the year before mixed together in my brain. Must be because I was deprive of a good intro last week I was going through withdrawals.

99Bison
09-13-2007, 04:28 AM
Do you mean Troy? He is the Director of Marketing and Promotions and wouldn't give you a line of bull. I would say you can trust him.

If it was Troy, your're right it'll happen.

sambini
09-13-2007, 04:34 AM
Troy,is the man and he will get it done+++

87Bisonfan
09-13-2007, 05:03 AM
I had emailed Troy on Tuesday and expressed my dissappointment in the video. I asked if they could resurrect last years video. He responded saying that a group of people were "mulling things over". Sounded like they had several complaints and were seriously considering making a change. He didn't specify to me what the change would be. I seriously hope they bring back last years intro.

TheDoctor
09-13-2007, 05:15 AM
Glad to hear "something" will be done. ;)

BisonBabe
09-13-2007, 02:54 PM
Good to here that the intro will be improved for this weeks game. If I have to I will play Thunderstruck (one of my ringtones) on my cell phone to get ramped up for the game.

Bison"FANatic"
09-13-2007, 03:45 PM
Sweet, Sounds like it could be a improved intro from last week!!!

HerdBot
09-13-2007, 04:35 PM
what are the thoughts of the intro video....personally i wasnt a fan, i miss thunderstruck or atleast some music to pump the fans up...so hopefully that was just for opening day and a new vid appears next weekend

Here is one of my favorite intro video's. Kansas is pretty sweet! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9He7t50L4yI&mode=related&search=

I wish we could go into more of the tradition thing... I mean a video showing 8 NCAA Championships is pretty huge even though it was on the D2 level... NFL players like PHil Hansen, Tyrone Braxton, Stacey RObinson, Lamar GOrdon, and now Dahl are important things. What about old video of Bentrim? We have a great storied past... why not show it

Bison53
09-13-2007, 05:35 PM
Show "The Pitch"

UTH
09-13-2007, 06:51 PM
OK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qp_YUwdC_2Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnb1gnotLr8

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

tcbison
09-13-2007, 06:54 PM
OK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qp_YUwdC_2Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnb1gnotLr8

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Very nice! :nod:

UTH
09-13-2007, 07:38 PM
Very nice! :nod:

Thanks. I can't believe nobody ever thought to post that play on youtube. If anybody wants, PM me. I can attach and email.

99Bison
09-13-2007, 07:58 PM
It was up there at one time last year...

sambini
09-13-2007, 08:35 PM
Thanks for putting on the PITCH. That was a great time in NDSU FOOTBALL. And WACKER and I were there.

tcbison
09-14-2007, 01:13 PM
I posted Tony Satter's run from the 1990 Championship game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9Aqv8tBLqg

Can anyone post from the last SFA game? Maybe Tyler Roehl's TD run(that they said the whistle blew).

BigBison
09-14-2007, 02:23 PM

Can anyone post from the last SFA game? Maybe Tyler Roehl's TD run(that they said the whistle blew).

Wow awesome run, that would work great for an intro video.

NDSUFREAK
09-14-2007, 08:07 PM

yeah, the whistle did blow actually

onbison09
09-14-2007, 10:26 PM
Great to see that and The Pitch!!!

pmp6nl
09-17-2007, 04:55 AM
Thank god they switched the intro video

No_Skill
09-17-2007, 01:39 PM
I was relieved when I saw it starting.

While tailgating I overheard several other people complaining about the week 1 video.

Bison"FANatic"
09-17-2007, 03:57 PM
It was great to see. I also enjoyed the one between quarters in the second half. The intro video got the atmosphere started out right and the fargodome was rockin. The one paper from down south said it felt like the building was shaking. I had two people who had never been to a bison game before with me and they were impressed!

heckler
09-17-2007, 07:48 PM
My mom, dad, and brother came to the Bison game and loved how the FargoDome was rock'n. My dad wants season tickets now.

sambini
09-17-2007, 09:29 PM
Tonys run brings back some great memorys thanks++