PDA

View Full Version : FargoDome Cheering

BisonBryce
09-09-2007, 03:58 AM
Once again people in our tailgating group(section 21 lower level) were told that we could not cheer in the Fargodome. We were told that we could not turn around and try to get other people energized.

This is absolutely unacceptable.

Are we not at a football game??!?!?!

Am I supposed to just go to a game and keep my mouth shut and not cheer? Am I supposed to not cheer for the home team?

Why do we have to deal with this year in and year out?

Our cheering is clean and energetic. C'mon!!!

I didn't buy my season tickets and teammaker membership to sit on my hands! This is rediculous!

NDSUFREAK
09-09-2007, 04:01 AM
I got yelled at by an ass couple and others just moved. Hey, i was the ONLY ONE STANDING ON 1st DOWN ON THE BISON BENCH SIDE OF THE FIELD! Unexceptable

TransAmBison
09-09-2007, 04:20 AM
So what happened to Herd Mentality? We were pretty upset in section 21. I mean, we know if somebody cheers in section 20 it will stand out (for obvious reasons) but c'mon, this is getting pretty bad.

TAILG8R
09-09-2007, 04:33 AM
I got lucky. My wife and I sat right in front of 4-5 others who were just as loud and stood up just as often as we did. Section 26 row 3. Thanks to our little group the section seemed to get into the game more as each play happened. Until the complete mood killing 5 turnovers. After 3-4 it was pretty hard to get anyone pumped up.

onbison09
09-09-2007, 04:45 AM
People need to get over themselves. If you don't want people standing and cheering watch the games on the internet.

BisonBabe
09-09-2007, 05:02 AM
The Event Staff must not come over to the GA area we were in Section 9 and cheering/yelling through the whole game with no complaints that we were made aware of. Maybe it helps being so close to the students/band?

SDbison
09-09-2007, 06:37 AM
I got removed for questioning for no valid reason by the a-hole dome nazi's. Maybe I should just quit going to the games.

Kevin
09-09-2007, 08:20 AM
There has to be someone we can complain to about this, isn't there?

It just doesn't feel like a college atmosphere in that dome sometimes. I'd kill to be over in the student section.

Herd Mentality
09-09-2007, 01:54 PM
I got removed for questioning for no valid reason by the a-hole dome nazi's. Maybe I should just quit going to the games.

Home games.... I'm with you. I'm seriously considering requesting a full refund for my season tickets.

I was accused of "making inappropriate comments towards the female members of the training staff". No one in the lower level of 21 could figure out what that was about. Turns out one of the members of the opposing team made a false accusation to have me removed. I guess it worked...

bisonmike2
09-09-2007, 02:04 PM
Home games.... I'm with you. I'm seriously considering requesting a full refund for my season tickets.

I was accused of "making inappropriate comments towards the female members of the training staff". No one in the lower level of 21 could figure out what that was about. Turns out one of the members of the opposing team made a false accusation to have me removed. I guess it worked...

Maybe you were harrassing what you thought was a dude but was actually a woman? Do you ever watch Family Guy? I immediately thought about the epidsode where peter gets arrested for fighting a horribly ugly woman who he thought was a dude.

Herd Mentality
09-09-2007, 02:11 PM
*sigh*

Regardless. I'm pretty shook up over this. I may not show up next week.

I was accused of a lot of things last night by the Dome Staff last night, none of which were true. When I asked the FPD if I was allowed to give my side of the story...or to go ask any old people in my section if I did anything I was accused of...I was told that "it doesn't matter, the FargoDome does not want you here"

I don't think I've heard a statement that hurt so bad because I realized it was the truth...the FargoDome doesn't want us there.

bisonmike2
09-09-2007, 02:26 PM
*sigh*

I was accused of a lot of things last night by the Dome Staff last night, none of which were true. When I asked the FPD if I was allowed to give my side of the story...or to go ask any old people in my section if I did anything I was accused of...I was told that "it doesn't matter, the FargoDome does not want you here"

I don't think I've heard a statement that hurt so bad because I realized it was the truth...the FargoDome doesn't want us there.

I've been to plenty of NDSU home games, and said a bunch of sh!t while cheering, especially in my earlier years and never been kicked out. Maybe it's worse now than it was before but I'm only talking 7 to 10 years ago. In fact, at a UND game, I remember a buddy and myself getting busted dumping Captn Morgan in our cokes and all they did was take our morgan away! They left us with the cokes which we had already dumped the booze in. What's my point with this reply? I have no idea.

Bisonguy
09-09-2007, 02:38 PM
*sigh*

I'd at least contact Simmers and Taylor.

The fact that they stated the Fargodome doesn't want you here speaks volumes. Sorry, it's NDSU that's the tenant during games, and they should be the ones making the decisions. Each tenant supposedly has their own rules for security.

BisonBabe
09-09-2007, 04:08 PM
This is really sad to hear that fans are being removed for supporting their team. Last nights game is probably the first time where there was none or very limited swearing. I admit I yelled Bullsh** a couple of times. I think that the Dome staff needs to lighten up. At a sporting event you are supposed to be yelling in support of your team. Even ribbing (in a good way)your opponent a bit. It will be terrible if ticket holders decide to no longer attend the games. Hopefully the NDSU and the Football staff will do something about this. Otherwise it makes absolutely no sense having the prompts to make some noise!

SDbison
09-09-2007, 04:19 PM
*sigh*

I think a bunch of us should put our names together and send an e-mail to Gene, Craig and Pat and tell them we will be pulling our teammaker memberships and stop buying sesaon tickets unless something changes. I am tired of the theater crowd getting leverage over real fans!

NDSUstudent
09-09-2007, 04:23 PM
I think a bunch of us should put our names together and send an e-mail to Gene, Craig and Pat and tell them we will be pulling our teammaker memberships and stop buying sesaon tickets unless something changes. I am tired of the theater crowd getting leverage over real fans!

Get as many people as you can togather and go to the Dome security boss or Dome leadership and file a complaint. The more people the bigger message it will end. Tell them your season ticketholders and teammakers and have had enough.

NDSUFREAK
09-09-2007, 04:31 PM
mark my name on that list.

onbison09
09-09-2007, 04:48 PM
Mark my name and I don't even go to the games. Seriously IF YOU DON'T WANT PEOPLE TO STAND WATCH THE GAMES ON THE INTERNET LOSERS!!!

Bisonguy
09-09-2007, 05:08 PM

I believe that pen and paper might work better than an email. Maybe a petition at the next tailgate?

BisonBryce
09-10-2007, 12:16 AM
I believe that pen and paper might work better than an email. Maybe a petition at the next tailgate?

SDBison, didnt you do this a year or two ago already? Thought you had a petition going with something.

HerdMentality, you are welcome to join us in section 21, but I guess all of us will be kicked out in the future for being clean, enthusiastic, energetic fans. So be it.

pmp6nl
09-10-2007, 05:33 AM
Write a letter to the Fargodome, NDSU athletics, as well as Chapman. Let them know it is unacceptable how paying fans are treated.

I am glad that they pretty much leave us alone in the student section. I yelled so much that I can barely speak. (If you want to yell with us, come on over)

Go Bison!

lakesbison
09-10-2007, 02:38 PM
Goal For Sam H State:

Everyone Get Completely Freakin Wasted!!

They Cant Kick Everyone Out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE have to have a "WAR" mentality, Herd and SD BISON were just the first WAVE of Attacks by US FANS..

NEXT WEEK, we all have to continue their tradition!!

Bison bison
09-10-2007, 03:08 PM
Once again people in our tailgating group(section 21 lower level) were told that we could not cheer in the Fargodome. We were told that we could not turn around and try to get other people energized.

This is absolutely unacceptable.

Are we not at a football game??!?!?!

Am I supposed to just go to a game and keep my mouth shut and not cheer? Am I supposed to not cheer for the home team?

Why do we have to deal with this year in and year out?

Our cheering is clean and energetic. C'mon!!!

I didn't buy my season tickets and teammaker membership to sit on my hands! This is rediculous!

When sitting in section 21, the field is to the EAST!!!

SDbison
09-10-2007, 03:42 PM
When sitting in section 21, the field is to the EAST!!!
I don't get it. Please explain...........
Oh, you must be one of those who say there are unwritten rules about organizing cheering in the Dome. Lame. They have no problem at the Metrodome or at Nebraska. Why do Fargo fans have sticks up their A$$?

Herd Mentality
09-10-2007, 03:51 PM
It could be possible that they've implemented some sort of crazy policy that you can't have 3 or more people in the same section doing the same cheer at the same time....

Bison bison
09-10-2007, 03:53 PM
I'm saying it because your group spent more time standing waving your hands in the air while facing WEST than EAST until the Walker pass in the 2nd which quickly ended your attempts to play section cheerleader.

You guys are Super Fans. That's great. We need more. Try redirecting your energy to the field that's how it will spread.

SDbison
09-10-2007, 03:55 PM
It could be possible that they've implemented some sort of crazy policy that you can't have 3 or more people in the same section doing the same cheer at the same time....
That must be it Herd.......that explains everything! Too bad All of us real fans can't get together in a bunch so it would not be so easy for the Dome Nazis to pick on us. I would love to see them start a riot just cause they want to remove real fans.

Bisonfan1
09-10-2007, 04:53 PM
I'm saying it because your group spent more time standing waving your hands in the air while facing WEST than EAST until the Walker pass in the 2nd which quickly ended your attempts to play section cheerleader.

You guys are Super Fans. That's great. We need more. Try redirecting your energy to the field that's how it will spread.

That is good advice, however I dont believe ALL of section 21 was spending more time facing the living dead than the field. And that still wont work anyway, it has been over 10 years of training that not wearing school colors, social event etc. is acceptable.

Bison bison
09-10-2007, 04:58 PM
IMO, the living dead won't respond to others gesturing for them to get up.

What they need is an example of what it means to be a fan. If the Super Fans in the first 10 rows of Section 21 would go crazy and never turn around except for when leaving for a halftime break people would catch on.

First people will think they're crazy. Next they'll think they're having too much fun. Soon they'll start emulating.

TAILG8R
09-10-2007, 05:03 PM
I will have to agree with another post on this board that said something to the effect of , if you direct your energy to the field and not the people behind you there will be much fewer problems. I understand wanting to get the people around you excited and involved. I stood about 65-70% of the game. I have noticed over the past 2 years that if I just keep standing when I deem appropriate(which means whenever I think a fan should be standing, cheering, etc) others around me start doing the same. Maybe not all to the same degree but some do.

I also try to make small talk with anyone close to me that is also cheering or standing. I think it helps make them feel more comfortable with their decision to stand up and be heard.

Now, this is not a section 21 bashing or SDbison bashing. Not at all, I just think we could get more people involved by making them feel left out instead of singled out.

IMO.

TAILG8R
09-10-2007, 05:07 PM
NDB2, you beat me to it, only because your post was shorter, haha!

Bisonfan1
09-10-2007, 05:08 PM
IMO, the living dead won't respond to others gesturing for them to get up.

What they need is an example of what it means to be a fan. If the Super Fans in the first 10 rows of Section 21 would go crazy and never turn around except for when leaving for a halftime break people would catch on.

First people will think they're crazy. Next they'll think they're having too much fun. Soon they'll start emulating.

That has been tried, but to no availe, I think some of the guys wanted to try something new, appariently did'nt work. There is no hope, Ive got too many better things to do than to try and help the Bison have a hostile game environment. Welcome to the Bison Social Club. Again, what on earth would some of these people do if NDSU got more aggresive with a hostile environment push and the announcer told people to get on their feet more and make some noise, then they would bitch about that because EVERYONE was doing it and it was disruptive. That is the truth, thats what happens when they created a stale environment from the get go when they opened the dome. MISTAKE !!!

Mr_Meanor
09-15-2007, 05:12 AM
I have to put my 2 cents in on this. I am so fed up with the Fargodome staff that I am seriously considering not going to any more home games. My wife took my son and daughter last week(ages 8 and 10). My kids were having a great time cheering until dome security told my wife that my kids need to remain in their seats while the game was being played and she need to keep the kids quiet. Honestly, I don't think that a 8 and 10 year old can really cause to much trouble at a sporting event. My wife emailed Gene Taylor and Rob Sobolik about the situation and told them that she might have to take the kids across the river or 70 miles to the north so they can experience a real college football experience. She got a quick response from both parties stating that some of the event staff was mixed up with the policies....which I took as a bull crap. However, they both said that the event staff now knows the policies and there would be a big improvement this week. Gene must have mentioned this to coach Bohl because Bohl also emailed her saying that he was sorry for what happened and he hoped we would be back again this week to make some noise cheering the bison on to victory. Gene said he would get back to my wife after the game this week to let her know the changes they are making and how they go. Whatever that is susposed to mean.

SlickVic
09-15-2007, 05:31 AM
I have to put my 2 cents in on this. I am so fed up with the Fargodome staff that I am seriously considering not going to any more home games. My wife took my son and daughter last week(ages 8 and 10). My kids were having a great time cheering until dome security told my wife that my kids need to remain in their seats while the game was being played and she need to keep the kids quiet. Honestly, I don't think that a 8 and 10 year old can really cause to much trouble at a sporting event. My wife emailed Gene Taylor and Rob Sobolik about the situation and told them that she might have to take the kids across the river or 70 miles to the north so they can experience a real college football experience. She got a quick response from both parties stating that some of the event staff was mixed up with the policies....which I took as a bull crap. However, they both said that the event staff now knows the policies and there would be a big improvement this week. Gene must have mentioned this to coach Bohl because Bohl also emailed her saying that he was sorry for what happened and he hoped we would be back again this week to make some noise cheering the bison on to victory. Gene said he would get back to my wife after the game this week to let her know the changes they are making and how they go. Whatever that is susposed to mean.

my oh my...please tell me you are joking

Bisonguy
09-15-2007, 01:37 PM

Print those emails off, just in case.

People do screw up with understanding the rules at work. Heck, I had a Big Mac last week that only had one patty on it. :ranting:

Mr_Meanor
09-15-2007, 02:35 PM
Yeah...she has already printed them out.

SlickVic
09-15-2007, 05:48 PM
Yeah...she has already printed them out.

so you really did send that e-mail? my oh my i am embarrased for you

TheDoctor
09-15-2007, 08:26 PM
Heck, I had a Big Mac last week that only had one patty on it. :ranting:

WOW! :rofl:

Rockbear99
09-16-2007, 03:04 AM
my oh my...please tell me you are joking.
so you really did send that e-mail? my oh my i am embarrased for you

Boy SuckVic you are a punk ass Fool.

Rockbear99
09-16-2007, 03:05 AM
you are about as useful as those "fans" that walked out after the BearKats go ahead TD.

NDSUFREAK
09-16-2007, 03:16 AM
you are about as useful as those "fans" that walked out after the BearKats go ahead TD.
Those people are FAILS among FAILURES. They must feel like real idiots.
btw, FFD cheering was MUCH better than last week. I had people behind me wistling and yelling (not standing) but still making the noise. I was standing for most of the game and they didn't care one bit.

Kevin
09-16-2007, 03:48 AM
We stood for most of the game and no one really complained either. It's getting better week by week. I still can't believe the noise on that last touchdown, anyone have an audio clip of it?

BisonBabe
09-16-2007, 04:03 AM
Due to medical reasons I was not supposed to be yelling and screaming but I did it anyway. Stood up the whole first half but sat down for some of the second. Still up more than anyone else around us. Juniorette was cheering louder than many around us but not as loud as me :p

stpaulbison
09-16-2007, 04:04 AM
How was the security? Did anybody have issues this week?

Bisonguy
09-16-2007, 05:15 AM
How was the security? Did anybody have issues this week?

Sounds like it was pretty good. The section 21 crowd was supposedly even complimented by Dome security for doing a good job. :eek:

SlickVic
09-16-2007, 08:27 AM
There has to be someone we can complain to about this, isn't there?

It just doesn't feel like a college atmosphere in that dome sometimes. I'd kill to be over in the student section.

why cuz you'd be garenteed a lower level seat with room to stretch out and a foot rest for the 2nd half of every game?

roadwarrior
09-16-2007, 09:50 PM
Jeff Kolpack gives a lesson learned:nod:

http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/