PDA

View Full Version : Eligible for AP top 25

fightinbison
09-07-2007, 02:36 AM
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/ncaa/article/0,2777,DRMN_23932_5691762,00.html

WYOBISONMAN
09-07-2007, 02:39 AM
This is big news. Thanks to Appy State for really shaking things up!!

SlickVic
09-07-2007, 03:29 AM
where would you rank the bison?

WYOBISONMAN
09-07-2007, 03:30 AM

I would hold off rating them until we get further along in the season.

EagleBison
09-07-2007, 03:32 AM
If the Bison go undefeated, I would think of ranking them.

SlickVic
09-07-2007, 04:20 AM
if they finish out the season undefeted you think they'd be ranked? what if the gophers dont win a game haha

X-Factor
09-07-2007, 04:23 AM
If the Bison go undefeated, I would think of ranking them.

It depends on how much NDSU was to potentially beat CMU AND Minnesota. Squeakers in either one or a loss would be an automatic no. Still probably a no regardless of what happens. Realistically we would probably have to rock the snot out of both teams just to start getting some votes. I really like this idea though!!

SlickVic
09-07-2007, 04:25 AM
my uncle was telling me back in the day the bison were ranked in the top 10 and musberger announced it on a college football preview show on tv not sure about that tho

imabison
09-07-2007, 12:21 PM
my uncle was telling me back in the day the bison were ranked in the top 10 and musberger announced it on a college football preview show on tv not sure about that tho
I was thinking about that day this morning. In fact I have it on VHS tape. After it was said you hear Jimmy the Greek in the background say WHO.

It was when Jeff Bentrum scored his record breaking touchdowns in the game against that school up north.

NorthernBison
09-07-2007, 12:36 PM
I was reading the comments by AP voters regarding App State. Based on what I read, NDSU would have zero chance of cracking the top 25 regardless of game results. We don't play anybody in FBS that has much chance of cracking the top 25 and our FCS games would do nothing for our SOS.

Heck, they all said App State would have been 25 on their ballots but would probably drop off after one week. That's after beating the previous weeks #5. Kind of tells you how it would work for us.

roadwarrior
09-07-2007, 12:50 PM

Yes it was announced on the air, but it wasn't a real top 10. They were just making a comment about the Bison, which was still pretty cool.

WYOBISONMAN
09-07-2007, 12:58 PM
Yes it was announced on the air, but it wasn't a real top 10. They were just making a comment about the Bison, which was still pretty cool.

Thats right. Back when that was done, the number 10 spot on that CBS program was reserved for a team that had accomplished some great benchmark.....not really a top 10 spot.

74BisonFan
09-07-2007, 02:09 PM
Thats right. Back when that was done, the number 10 spot on that CBS program was reserved for a team that had accomplished some great benchmark.....not really a top 10 spot.

I know I do not have a twenty year old memory anymore, maybe I can't remember. It might have been two different shows..... but this is how i remember....Coach Dikta was giving his rundown of the top 10 college teams and the great Coach put NDSU at #10 ............maybe the "great" Muss was hosting.

BisonBlogger
09-07-2007, 08:35 PM
Not much of a chance for a FCS team being ranked in the top 25 unless you beat someone in the top 10 like Appy did. However, is there a national ranking of all teams at the D1 level? That would be interesting to see where the Bison would wind up this season. Is there a ranking like that?

56BISON73
09-07-2007, 09:05 PM
Not much of a chance for a FCS team being ranked in the top 25 unless you beat someone in the top 10 like Appy did. However, is there a national ranking of all teams at the D1 level? That would be interesting to see where the Bison would wind up this season. Is there a ranking like that?

I would love to see something like that. PL

X-Factor
09-07-2007, 09:45 PM

Sagarin. Coach Bohl has talked about this before.

CaBisonFan
09-07-2007, 10:06 PM

If it were last year...top 50...or maybe slightly higher. As for this year, we'll see. This raises the bar, and give us more motivation. It's great news. To me...ASU looked like a top 25 team. But Michigan really didn't impress me. We'll see.

Hammerhead
09-08-2007, 02:30 AM
We were #57 in last year's Sagarin ratings, which was the 2nd highest rank among I-AA (now FCS subdivision) teams.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt06.htm