PDA

View Full Version : No more internet radio broadcasts?

pwbnd
09-06-2007, 07:08 PM
Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, but I just noticed this message on the BisonZone website....

NOTICE: There will no longer be live streams of games on Bison Zone. Everything else on the site will be available for free. If you have any questions please contact us here.

Also, Under the FAQ section...

Q: Why are the VIP streams gone?
A: Contract changes have made all broadcasts of Bison athletics games property of NDSU. This agreement allows games to be broadcast on terrestrial radio from WDAY AM 970 radio and a few televised games on WDAY TV 6 in Fargo, but not on the Web.

Q: Can I still listen to old games?
A: Yes. All games archived prior to the fall 2007 school year are available for free, where they were once a paid service. All articles and blog posts on this site are also available for free.

Q: Will the Craig Bohl Show (TV coaches show) be availible online.
A: No. Due to the contract changes between WDAY and NDSU The Craig Bohl Show is property of NDSU.

Hopefully the radio broadcast will be played with the live video on GoBison.com since NDSU now owns all the rights.

Gully
09-06-2007, 07:34 PM
I hope they'll be available somewhere or how will we see/watch the Mississippi Valley State game?

UTH
09-06-2007, 07:38 PM
I think this is bad news. When I was in Bosnia last year, I made sure I had access to both the audio and video offerings. The video didn't work out too well - it paused to buffer all the time! Talk about frustration, especially when it happened in the middle of what had all the fixins for a big play. On the other hand, my connection was juuuuuust fast enough to stream audio without too many interruptions for rebuffering.

For selfish reasons such as what's stated above, I would like for them to remain separated. Otherwise, keep up the good work.

heymch86
09-06-2007, 07:54 PM
Thunder Radio will be offering the game for free. www.kndsradio.com

Gully
09-06-2007, 09:30 PM
Thunder Radio will be offering the game for free. www.kndsradio.com

I guess that's better than nothing but I'd rather have the WDAY announcers.

Herd
09-06-2007, 10:55 PM
Using bison zone was a bigger deal for basketball where that was basically your only option for road games. (gotta be able to catch all the BB)

So how would someone in Wisconsin, get bison basketball if the radio feed is not available over the internet, and gobison.com isn't carrying the video? Am I missing something, or is this a huge void?

If they have a radio link on gobison.com for all games, that would solve it. But I wouldn't count on gobison.com providing radio feeds for all/road games. That would make my $69 investment a little easier to make each year, however.

Herd
09-06-2007, 10:57 PM
Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, but I just noticed this message on the BisonZone website....

NOTICE: There will no longer be live streams of games on Bison Zone. Everything else on the site will be available for free. If you have any questions please contact us here.

Also, Under the FAQ section...

Q: Why are the VIP streams gone?
A: Contract changes have made all broadcasts of Bison athletics games property of NDSU. This agreement allows games to be broadcast on terrestrial radio from WDAY AM 970 radio and a few televised games on WDAY TV 6 in Fargo, but not on the Web.

Q: Can I still listen to old games?
A: Yes. All games archived prior to the fall 2007 school year are available for free, where they were once a paid service. All articles and blog posts on this site are also available for free.

Q: Will the Craig Bohl Show (TV coaches show) be availible online.
A: No. Due to the contract changes between WDAY and NDSU The Craig Bohl Show is property of NDSU.

Hopefully the radio broadcast will be played with the live video on GoBison.com since NDSU now owns all the rights.

Other than the radio feed on Bisonzone, everything should be free. Other than the blog, what is there? Yeah, not much!

KC_Hats
09-07-2007, 01:55 AM
I believe the radio broadcast will be synched with the video webcast for Bison home football games. I am guessing that away games that don't have webcast capabilities will be radio feed only.

Basketball video webcasts are the property of the Summit League so All Access will not get to broadcast the basketball videos. We will have to sign up through the Summit League for their broadcasts. I'm not sure if Bison fans will still get the radio internet feed via All Access.