4. Oral Roberts
5. UMKC
6. Souther Utah
7. Western Illlinois
8. IPFW
9. JACKS
10. Centenary

1st Teamers
George Hill and Austin Montgomery (IUPUI)
Marchello Vealy (ORU)
Erik Kangas (Oakland)
BRETT

2nd Teamers
Jonathan Jones (Oakland)
Tyrone Hamilton (Centenary)
Gary Patterson (IUPUI)
David Jackson (Western Illinois)
BEN

In the Bison write-up, talks about Saul, wins over Marquette and close losses at KSU, CSU, ISU. Write up is done by a guy out of Tulsa.

onbison09
09-03-2007, 04:23 PM
Did Oral Roberts lose a lot of people?? I don't know a lot about the teams admittedly.

Jdubs21
09-04-2007, 02:34 AM
yeah i thought oral roberts woulda been rated higher but their schedule and rocord last year wasnt to impressive other than beating kansas in lawrence

Mr. Burgundy
09-04-2007, 02:42 AM
How bad is Centenary to be ranked behind SDSU??? Did Robert Parish graduate finally? I would think SDSU has to be the worst in the conference. FINALLY A CONFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KC Bison
09-04-2007, 02:37 PM
For onbision09 I got this info from my Brother-in-law from Tulsa. ORU lost 3 kids.. one was Caleb Green 6'8" 255 lb. forward 20 points per game 3 time Mid-Con player of the year and Kent Tutt a 6'1" guard 16 points per game 3 time Mid-Con 1st team player. I don't know anything about the 3rd player but losing these two players should put a dent in their game. However, I suspect they will end up higher than 4th place in the conference.

bisonhusker
09-04-2007, 03:55 PM
Caleb Green was crazy good. LONG player. I am glad he is done.

X-Factor
09-04-2007, 07:01 PM
did he make an NBA roster?

Swat_Team10
09-04-2007, 10:01 PM
Caleb was on a summer NBA roster last I read. I know the Oral Roberts web site was updating his summer games. As for the ranking, I beleive it is about right. Notes: New coach in S Utah, UMKC and NDSU. I think a new coach has a big enfluance in a program so for the NDSU team to get such high praise considering Saul is new coach, so that sais plenty about the players coming back! I thought IPFW would get a little more LOVE...heck the beat the Bison Two years in a row. And yes Centenarry stinks! Coach is in his third or fourth year, so maybe they will be improved, but would not bank on it.

BisonBlogger
09-04-2007, 10:28 PM
I was more surprised by Oakland not getting more love. They have pretty much everyone back and have a very good defensive team. Kangas is a big time shooter.

As for IPFW, they lost their main post scorer in Tyler Best and who most people thought was their best guard in Quintin Carouthers.

X-Factor
09-05-2007, 02:38 AM
As long as the Bison win the regular season so we can go NIT!

The guys have been working HARD in the offseason. I've seen lots of improvement, but I guess that's for another thread.

sambini
09-05-2007, 02:44 AM
I think it is just great we finally get to be in conference play. It should be a great year. Good Luck Saul, staff, and players.

TheDoctor
09-05-2007, 02:47 AM
I think it is just great we finally get to be in conference play. It should be a great year. Good Luck Saul, staff, and players.

Ahmen Sambini, Ahmen! ;)

sambini
09-05-2007, 05:23 AM
Its going to be great B1SON+++

TheDoctor
09-05-2007, 05:29 AM
Its going to be great B1SON+++

Lets just hope Buffalo Bill is not having to hold the bus door shut on the way home from the NIT!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)