PDA

View Full Version : Ticket count??

TheBisonator
09-03-2007, 04:29 AM
If anyone in the next day, or Tuesday (when the ticket offices open again) find out how many tix have been sold for SFA, I'd sure like to know!!:)

We need 19,000+ Bison fans ROCKIN THE DOME on Saturday!!!

NDSUFREAK
09-03-2007, 04:37 AM
can you call in?

TheBisonator
09-03-2007, 04:43 AM
can you call in?

Place is closed until Tuesday morning, so I don't think we'll know till then...

NDSUFREAK
09-03-2007, 04:54 AM
Place is closed until Tuesday morning, so I don't think we'll know till then...
i'll probably make a call on tuesday because i'm curious as well

TheBisonator
09-03-2007, 05:07 AM
i'll probably make a call on tuesday because i'm curious as well

I was just on GoBison.com scoping out available tickets, and there are only a few scattered tix in the top three rows on the west sideline (II,JJ,KK) In sections 17 and 18. No pairs to be found in sections 19 and 20. Only a few scattereds remain in II, JJ and KK (34th, 35th and 36th rows) in section 21. The best pair you can find in section 22 are in the 25th row. Section 23 (visitors) has pairs available starting in row 22 (row V).

No pairs can be found in section 5. Section 31 has some pairs available starting in the 30th row. Section 30 is pretty thin. I can find a pair in the 14th row there. Pairs start at row 18 in section 6.

No pairs to be found in endzone reserved. GA endzone are available, but they do not give out row or seat number on the site.

Looks like 3 of the top sideline corners need to be filled (assuming students come in full), and I don't know how many GA endzones have been sold. Just assume the grey sections will be chock-filled, because they will be.

In my brutally unreliable opinion, it looks to me that there may be already close to 17,000 sold, if not more.

Here's a map of the sections:

https://tkt.xosn.com/ticketing/6786/Image.JPG

SDbison
09-03-2007, 04:06 PM
I was just on GoBison.com scoping out available tickets, and there are only a few scattered tix in the top three rows on the west sideline (II,JJ,KK) In sections 17 and 18. No pairs to be found in sections 19 and 20. Only a few scattereds remain in II, JJ and KK (34th, 35th and 36th rows) in section 21. The best pair you can find in section 22 are in the 25th row. Section 23 (visitors) has pairs available starting in row 22 (row V).

No pairs can be found in section 5. Section 31 has some pairs available starting in the 30th row. Section 30 is pretty thin. I can find a pair in the 14th row there. Pairs start at row 18 in section 6.

No pairs to be found in endzone reserved. GA endzone are available, but they do not give out row or seat number on the site.

Looks like 3 of the top sideline corners need to be filled (assuming students come in full), and I don't know how many GA endzones have been sold. Just assume the grey sections will be chock-filled, because they will be.

In my brutally unreliable opinion, it looks to me that there may be already close to 17,000 sold, if not more.

Here's a map of the sections:

https://tkt.xosn.com/ticketing/6786/Image.JPG
Good work Bisonator. I thought of doing the same, but after sampling some of what was still available for tickets I got tired. I did call and talk to Josh the middle of last week. All he said was there were plenty of tickets still available. If they know a count they were not releasing it. I suppose if it is getting close NDSU would want to have an announcement a day or two before the game.

TheBisonator
09-05-2007, 01:53 PM
Anyone have any word on how tickets have gone??

SiouxHockeyBisonFo
09-05-2007, 02:38 PM
Anyone have any word on how tickets have gone??

Story today in the forum

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=177263&section=Sports

roadwarrior
09-05-2007, 02:40 PM
Normally, we sell quite a few tickets on game day. Especially the general admission tickets.

TheBisonator
09-05-2007, 02:43 PM
Story today in the forum

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=177263&section=Sports

Looks like we haven't changed much from last week...

NDSUFREAK
09-05-2007, 03:21 PM
Looks like we haven't changed much from last week...
it will get in the 18,000s

Bison06
09-05-2007, 03:46 PM
Does anyone know how this compares to previous games. I mean those numbers don't mean much to me unless compared to say the SDSU game from last year. How many walk ups can we usually expect? How many tickets are usually sold in the days leading up to a game. These #'s probably wouldn't be easy to get, but would sure be interesting to see. Regardless, I expect over 18,000, there are still many people that have not gotten into the swing of buying tickets before game day. They may get away with it for a couple games, but after that I wouldn't bank on getting walk up tickets.

SDbison
09-05-2007, 03:50 PM
Does anyone know how this compares to previous games. I mean those numbers don't mean much to me unless compared to say the SDSU game from last year. How many walk ups can we usually expect? How many tickets are usually sold in the days leading up to a game. These #'s probably wouldn't be easy to get, but would sure be interesting to see. Regardless, I expect over 18,000, there are still many people that have not gotten into the swing of buying tickets before game day. They may get away with it for a couple games, but after that I wouldn't bank on getting walk up tickets.
How does the student allocation work within the count. Do they have to pick up tickets using their student ID during the week before the game? I would assume at come point student seats could be given up for the public to purchase, correct?

Bison06
09-05-2007, 03:55 PM
That's a very good question that I don't know the answer to. It seems logical that at some point the ticket office will want to know in advance how many students will be at the game and then sell the remaining tickets. Last year, students stood in line on game day and were admitted into the game, no pre-arrangements were necessary, but I definitely see this is the not so distant future

NDSUstudent
09-05-2007, 04:05 PM
How does the student allocation work within the count. Do they have to pick up tickets using their student ID during the week before the game? I would assume at come point student seats could be given up for the public to purchase, correct?

Students just walk up to the Dome with their ID's in hand and get let in. There is no tickets or anything like that, they just let students in until they can't let anymore in. Honestly, I like this method. The students who want to be there are there and have the best seats. Student seats can't be given away to the public and I see no need for that to happen.

SiouxHockeyBisonFo
09-05-2007, 04:12 PM
Students just walk up to the Dome with their ID's in hand and get let in. There is no tickets or anything like that, they just let students in until they can't let anymore in. Honestly, I like this method. The students who want to be there are there and have the best seats.

All this does is waste tickets. There are weekends especially late in the year when the student section is half full. All those tickets are essentially wasted. What would be the problem with students having to pickup tickets earlier in the week if they are planning on going to the game. Whatever tickets remain on Friday morning are released to the public at a set time.

This would be similar to UND Hockey. They even have student season tickets for people that want the better tickets in the lower bowl. I beileve there is a lottery for these tickets because they are in such high demand. Students need to pay for the season tickets, but get the general admission tickets free.

roadwarrior
09-05-2007, 04:21 PM
I believe the current setup for student tickets is in an agreement between the athletic department and the student finance commission. I dont think to this point there has ever been a time when the dome even got close to being sold out, and the student sections were not full. But this is for sure a possibility in the future. In effect the money the athletic department gets from the finance commission buys the 3800 or so student season tickets.

bisonaudit
09-05-2007, 04:43 PM
I believe that Road is correct, and if I were sitting on the student commission a proposal to release student seats to the public would have to be accompanied by either an additional discount or a revenue sharing arrangement.

NDSUstudent
09-05-2007, 04:48 PM
All this does is waste tickets. There are weekends especially late in the year when the student section is half full. All those tickets are essentially wasted. What would be the problem with students having to pickup tickets earlier in the week if they are planning on going to the game. Whatever tickets remain on Friday morning are released to the public at a set time.

This would be similar to UND Hockey. They even have student season tickets for people that want the better tickets in the lower bowl. I beileve there is a lottery for these tickets because they are in such high demand. Students need to pay for the season tickets, but get the general admission tickets free.

Tickets are never wasted, when the student section is half full so is the dome. I think it would be a disaster if you mixed the general public in with the students. Its hard enough to get everyone standing and we don't need bozo's sitting in the student section telling everyone in front of them to sit down.

I also would hate to see a lottery, I think it is cool to have students line up outside the dome. As demand grows maybe some will even camp out waiting to get in.

coloradobison
09-05-2007, 04:50 PM
Or a redcution of the athletic/activity fee included in every student's tuition.

SDbison
09-05-2007, 05:12 PM
Tickets are never wasted, when the student section is half full so is the dome. I think it would be a disaster if you mixed the general public in with the students. Its hard enough to get everyone standing and we don't need bozo's sitting in the student section telling everyone in front of them to sit down.

I also would hate to see a lottery, I think it is cool to have students line up outside the dome. As demand grows maybe some will even camp out waiting to get in.
I have sat in the Nebraska student section several times and I am no Bozo. Students there either pick up their tickets for themselves or pick them up and sell them to someone outside of campus.
At the Fargodome sections starting in the endzone could entirely be moved to general admission based on how many students picked up tickets. Seems to me a simple solution. Too bad most students can't plan more than an hour in advance.
This will become more of an issue as the dome starts to sell out more frequently.

SiouxHockeyBisonFo
09-05-2007, 05:16 PM

In the past, I would have agreed with you, but last year for example the only sections that were obviously empty for Cal Poly game were the student sections.
As the Bison continue to win and the demand for tickets continues to increase, it would be pretty foolish to have fans miss the game and have the student section with empty seats.
The student section could still be general admission, which would force people to lineup in hopes of getting decent seats.
The lottery would be for the rabid fans that are willing to pay for their premium seats in the lower sections.

X-Factor
09-05-2007, 05:21 PM

This my friend, has already been done! :nod:

bisonaudit
09-05-2007, 05:25 PM
As NDSU continue to draw more fans there's no reason to leave seats empty. I'm sure that an accomidation can be reached to make everyone happy.

There are any number of workable systems in place around the country that NDSU could borrow or learn from as sellouts start to come. Some have been mentioned here already.

Here's another, the University of Maryland uses a loyalty points system to allocate student tickets for basketball games, so if you're a student and you want to see the Duke game in January, you've got to go to the Floriday A&I game in December to establish loyalty points.

NDSUstudent
09-05-2007, 06:01 PM
In the past, I would have agreed with you, but last year for example the only sections that were obviously empty for Cal Poly game were the student sections.
As the Bison continue to win and the demand for tickets continues to increase, it would be pretty foolish to have fans miss the game and have the student section with empty seats.
The student section could still be general admission, which would force people to lineup in hopes of getting decent seats.
The lottery would be for the rabid fans that are willing to pay for their premium seats in the lower sections.

No lottery, or having students pay a premium price for good seats. That is all BS, NDSU should stay as far away as possible from how UND handles their students at hockey games. I don't mind picking up tickets like we had to for KSU in basketball, as long as not one seat is marked with a seat location. The prime seats should be first come first serve on gameday.

NDSUstudent
09-05-2007, 06:05 PM
I have sat in the Nebraska student section several times and I am no Bozo.

Your only a bozo if your telling the people in front of you to sit down. For example at the BSA people who paid money to sit in the chairs behind the students will sometimes hound the students in front of them to sit down.

Gully
09-05-2007, 06:57 PM
Hey Road, I hear you've been to "a couple" of Bison games. What is your guess for attendance on Saturday? My wild guess is 18,025.

Herd Mentality
09-05-2007, 07:23 PM
Hey Road, I hear you've been to "a couple" of Bison games. What is your guess for attendance on Saturday? My wild guess is 18,025.

18,024 - Gully asked to "not return" until the next game at the end of the first quarter.

Gully
09-05-2007, 07:34 PM
18,024 - Gully asked to "not return" until the next game at the end of the first quarter.

I've missed you.

G-city Bison Fan
09-05-2007, 07:59 PM
As NDSU continue to draw more fans there's no reason to leave seats empty. I'm sure that an accomidation can be reached to make everyone happy.

There are any number of workable systems in place around the country that NDSU could borrow or learn from as sellouts start to come. Some have been mentioned here already.

Here's another, the University of Maryland uses a loyalty points system to allocate student tickets for basketball games, so if you're a student and you want to see the Duke game in January, you've got to go to the Floriday A&I game in December to establish loyalty points.

I know Pitt did the same thing for their basketball tickets, and if a student ticket went unused then you got docked points.

SDbison
09-05-2007, 08:46 PM
Your only a bozo if your telling the people in front of you to sit down. For example at the BSA people who paid money to sit in the chairs behind the students will sometimes hound the students in front of them to sit down.
Oh don't worry about me. I am the first to harass people who sit and sit on their hands. Get off your butts and make some noise for the Bison!

bisonaudit
09-05-2007, 09:26 PM
Apparently App. St. has just instituted a loyalty program as well.

Jdubs21
09-05-2007, 11:19 PM
anyone call and get a ticket count?

NDSUstudent
09-05-2007, 11:38 PM
anyone call and get a ticket count?

Hallstrom said 16k tonight on the news, 3k short.

THEsocalledfan
09-05-2007, 11:54 PM
Hallstrom said 16k tonight on the news, 3k short.

Shameful. What is wrong with people in Fargo? I don't want anymore excuses. Someone, just explain to me, what is wrong with people in Fargo? This should have been sold out weeks ago.

DIGRAPPLER
09-06-2007, 01:17 AM
I think it will sell out. The students will show up in force and tickets will sell on game day. We just need to keep spreading the word. Buy your tickets wear yellow! I think my co workers are sick of me talking about it but I don't care!

TheBisonator
09-06-2007, 04:26 AM
I guess Steve Hallstrom tonight on WDAY reported around 16,000 sold (incl. students) for Saturday's game as of today. I don't know if the walk-ups will be enough...

Tatanka
09-06-2007, 12:46 PM
Shameful. What is wrong with people in Fargo? I don't want anymore excuses. Someone, just explain to me, what is wrong with people in Fargo? This should have been sold out weeks ago.
+ freaking +

Gully
09-06-2007, 01:17 PM
+ freaking +

I would think we'll hit at least 17,000 with the walkup but I was really hoping for 18+. I'm surprised sales aren't stronger after last year and the SDSU sell-out/record crowd.

WYOBISONMAN
09-06-2007, 01:26 PM
Geez.........do I have to come back for a game to sell out! Come on people......buy those tickets!!!

SDbison
09-06-2007, 01:43 PM
Geez.........do I have to come back for a game to sell out! Come on people......buy those tickets!!!
Yes Wyo, Yes. Get your butt to Fargo. I thought you were coming to 2 home games this year?

Herd Mentality
09-06-2007, 01:44 PM
Given the forecasted weather, I think we'll see increased walkups.

WYOBISONMAN
09-06-2007, 03:04 PM
Yes Wyo, Yes. Get your butt to Fargo. I thought you were coming to 2 home games this year?

I am trying too.....for sure ISU. Also MN and likely Cal Poly.......(I know...I need one more home game in there!!!)

TransAmBison
09-06-2007, 03:38 PM
Help us out then!! You were supposed to be coming!! Make it happen!! No excuses!!!!

BigBison
09-06-2007, 04:17 PM
My guess is 18,053.

NDSUstudent
09-06-2007, 04:34 PM
I'll go with 18,432, would be 18,433 if my sister would have decided to get married on a different day. :banghead: :banghead:

EagleBison
09-06-2007, 04:37 PM
19,000, nice even number

WYOBISONMAN
09-06-2007, 06:23 PM
I remember for the SDSU game the line to buy tickets was an hour long or better on game day. This thing could still be a sell out.

SDbison
09-06-2007, 06:37 PM
I remember for the SDSU game the line to buy tickets was an hour long or better on game day. This thing could still be a sell out.
Any chance you could get to Fargo for this Saturdays game Wyo? I have an extra ticket in the sixth row of section 21. No cost to you. Just get on a flight!

Bisonfan1
09-06-2007, 06:41 PM
Come on Wyo - EVERYONE'S DOING IT !!!!

WYOBISONMAN
09-06-2007, 07:01 PM
Come on Wyo - EVERYONE'S DOING IT !!!!

Damn, you guys are high pressure.......I just bought an airline ticket......so....SDBISON....I need that seat in section 21!!

Bisonguy
09-06-2007, 09:00 PM
Damn, you guys are high pressure.......I just bought an airline ticket......so....SDBISON....I need that seat in section 21!!

I don't think it was high pressure. You're just easy. :p

SlickVic
09-06-2007, 09:15 PM
theres a lot of really sweet matchups on saturday so you cant really blame people without an HD dvr for not coming you got miami at oklahoma oregon at michigan notre dame at penn state and va tech at lsu plus the bison on tv so a legit college football fan is not leaving his or her house on saturday period i got that hd dvr tho and the best seat in the FFD so ill be sippin in the team makers tent right after the mich oregon game CHEA im just jacked for saturday

Till
09-06-2007, 09:23 PM
Great to hear WYO! The Green Monster will be representing, so stop on by if the you can part from the grill\cooler for a few minutes :)

TransAmBison
09-06-2007, 09:24 PM
theres a lot of really sweet matchups on saturday so you cant really blame people without an HD dvr for not coming you got miami at oklahoma oregon at michigan notre dame at penn state and va tech at lsu plus the bison on tv so a legit college football fan is not leaving his or her house on saturday period i got that hd dvr tho and the best seat in the FFD so ill be sippin in the team makers tent right after the mich oregon game CHEA im just jacked for saturday
Seriously man, it's called punctuation. Use it. Maybe even some capital letters. Go crazy!

SDbison
09-06-2007, 09:27 PM
You got the ticket Wyo! I am heading to Jamestown to party on Friday night. My job is to get the Jamestown crew moving in time to make the dome by 1:00 PM on Saturday.
BTW, you are too easy!

Bisonguy
09-06-2007, 11:24 PM
16,500 sold according to WDAY tonight......

TheBisonator
09-07-2007, 12:09 AM
16,500 sold according to WDAY tonight......

Only 2,787 to go!!!:D

(FFD Capacity - 19,287)

Bisonguy
09-07-2007, 12:17 AM
Only 2,787 to go!!!:D

(FFD Capacity - 19,287)

They mentioned on PTS that a very good walkup crowd is 1500.

If that's the case, I'm guessing 18,247 for attendance.

TheBisonator
09-07-2007, 12:30 AM
They mentioned on PTS that a very good walkup crowd is 1500.

If that's the case, I'm guessing 18,247 for attendance.

Well, remember that we have all day Saturday for walkups, so I expect between 1,500 to 2,000 in that count. We also have all day tomorrow to sell them, so I think maybe a few hundred in that count. I'm seeing maybe 2,000 more sold tomorrow and all day Sat. walk-up, which would put us at around 18,500. If there's more than 4,000 students in line for the game (student capacity is 3,800), it will sell out, because the student overflow takes up most of the south endzone.

IMO, it's now up to the students as to whether or not this thing will sell out.

Bisonguy
09-07-2007, 12:45 AM
Well, remember that we have all day Saturday for walkups, so I expect between 1,500 to 2,000 in that count. We also have all day tomorrow to sell them, so I think maybe a few hundred in that count. I'm seeing maybe 2,000 more sold tomorrow and all day Sat. walk-up, which would put us at around 18,500. If there's more than 4,000 students in line for the game (student capacity is 3,800), it will sell out, because the student overflow takes up most of the south endzone.

IMO, it's now up to the students as to whether or not this thing will sell out.

Sounds good. I'll blame the students if it doesn't sell out. :hide:

imabison
09-07-2007, 01:45 AM
Sounds good. I'll blame the students if it doesn't sell out. :hide:
Halstrom said tonight on WDAY Sports 16,500 at this point. 2,000 walkups. Might happen.

WYOBISONMAN
09-07-2007, 02:13 AM
Halstrom said tonight on WDAY Sports 16,500 at this point. 2,000 walkups. Might happen.

2 days to go.....it can happen for sure......

Tatanka
09-07-2007, 02:31 AM
GET IT DONE!!! Sell the MF-ER OUT!!! NO EXCUSES!!!

NDSU1980
09-07-2007, 03:26 AM
Heck, we're closer to a sell out then the vikings are. LOL

TransAmBison
09-07-2007, 03:57 AM
We just got my next door neighbor signed up for teammakers and season tickets!!

sambini
09-07-2007, 03:58 AM
I just sold four more tonight.....

TransAmBison
09-07-2007, 07:11 AM
I just sold four more tonight.....
Show off!!!!! :)

SiouxHockeyBisonFo
09-07-2007, 07:37 PM
Go Bison.com Results for two tickets.
Section 17- Full
Section 18- Full
Section 19- Full
Section 20- Full
Section 21- Row JJ
Section 32- Row II
Section 4- Row HH
Section 13- Full
Section 22- Full
Section 23- Row W
Section 30- Row Z
Section 31- Row HH
Section 5- Full
Section 6- Row Z
All End Zone Reserved Sold Out

SiouxHockeyBisonFo
09-07-2007, 07:42 PM
Section 17- Full
Section 18- Full
Section 19- Full
Section 20- Full
Section 21- Row JJ
Section 32- Row II
Section 4- Row HH
Section 13- Full
Section 22- Full
Section 23- Row W
Section 30- Row Z
Section 31- Row HH
Section 5- Full
Section 6- Row Z

How many rows in a section and how many seats in a row?

Bisonguy
09-07-2007, 07:45 PM
How many rows in a section and how many seats in a row?

Rows go to KK on the sidelines, LL I believe in the endzones.

SiouxHockeyBisonFo
09-07-2007, 07:51 PM
So there are roughly 30 rows left to fill. I would assume that the number of rows left to fill would be significantly lower, when you consider groups with of more than 2 people would need to go higher in a section to get tickets together. The number is probably closer to 20 rows, give or take.

How many seats in a row?

Bisonguy
09-07-2007, 07:53 PM
20-25 seats per row, I believe.

SiouxHockeyBisonFo
09-07-2007, 08:05 PM
So assuming the 500 GA tickets are left. There should only be 1000-1250 tickets remaining. If this is even in the ballpark, this game will sell out for sure.

roadwarrior
09-07-2007, 08:06 PM
Section 17- Full
Section 18- Full
Section 19- Full
Section 20- Full
Section 21- Row JJ
Section 32- Row II
Section 4- Row HH
Section 13- Full
Section 22- Full
Section 23- Row W
Section 30- Row Z
Section 31- Row HH
Section 5- Full
Section 6- Row Z

West side students sections 13,14,15,16 will be full.
East side sections 33,34,1,2,3 are also full.

There are 18 seats across in a row.

SiouxHockeyBisonFo
09-07-2007, 08:08 PM
West side students sections 13,14,15,16 will be full.
East side sections 33,34,1,2,3 are also full.

There are 18 seats across in a row.

Only 18 per row, then we are looking at 800-1000 tickets left.

roadwarrior
09-07-2007, 08:13 PM
The last forecast I saw for tomorrow was rain and high of 53!!!!!!!!:( That may bring a few more folks out (in) to the game.